1911 Picture Thread

Anyone else seen the New Bob Chow Version 2.0?

I warn you, it's ugly as sin..

wa-gmgij(7.jpg

So, the natural evolution seems to be..

No more custom smooth slide, just a standard Colt MkIV..

Awful Bomar sights instead of the bomar-esque but pretty Bob Chow sight.

Silver chamber, hmm, that's alright..

Flat mainspring and long trigger off version 1.5 (version 1.0 is much nicer IMO)

Oh yeah.. and that awful looking compensator!

I kinda like it - I wonder if anyone will make a slide that covers the outer barrel on the bottom one?

Cheers.

How about the one in the center. I have no clue what it is as I found this pic elsewhere in these forums. It is a scan from the Nov '06 issue of ARMS magazine. Aquamarine posted this and the pic is original size so apologies if it's too big.

arms110111ge5.jpg

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you say it, Yes the pics were taken with a camera phone, no I don't have a digicam anymore. I dropped it while I was on a legendary night on the ###### in Calgary.

It was worth it.

Right I have here for your enjoyment two of the new type A WE shorty 1911s, a WE 1911A1 and a Marushin Detonics combat master 8mmNBB

DSC00001.JPG

Just the two Type A's

DSC00002.JPG

They are very similar to the Detonics. I am planning to make a project of converting them.

The length is slightly off:

DSC00003.JPG

The grip length is also slightly off:

DSC00004.JPG

The ejection port is different too:

DSC00005.JPG

So, all I need to do is change the hammer a bit, Remove the grip safety, change the backstrap, get new grips, remove both sights, cut a magnaport into it, cut some material from the rear of the slide, mill a sighting groove into the top, widen the ejection port, polish it and have some trades etched into it and I'll have the CIA special edition CM.

Easy, should only take 5 minutes.

*Laughs*

*Cries*

Stunt

Yawn, another Kimber...

p1000503jh4.jpg

p1000520hf2.jpg

p1000525ri9.jpg

p1000537vk5.jpg

p1000532zn5.jpg

p1000519aq6.jpg

But it's my Kimber. :)

Kimber Team Match II

- WA SCW3 Kimber Gold Match II Base

- Prime Team Match II Metal Kit

- Guarder 150% Recoil and Hammer Springs

- Shooters Design Kimber .45 ACP Steel Chamber

- SD/Den Magwell

- Kimber Wood Grips

- Lots and lots of swearing

Lithium - Yes, Galco Gunleather's Jackass rig is one of the only nice holsters available for railed compact 1911's.. I can also get both sides of the shoulder holster to be holsters.. ie I can have both pistols on it, with silencers installed..

Oh, and I never had any trouble using a silencer with a long guide rod, my Raptor had a full length stock recoil rod installed and the silencer would tighten fully without effort, it also didnt effect cycling one bit..

cheers.

Lithium - Yes, Galco Gunleather's Jackass rig is one of the only nice holsters available for railed compact 1911's.. I can also get both sides of the shoulder holster to be holsters.. ie I can have both pistols on it, with silencers installed..

Oh, and I never had any trouble using a silencer with a long guide rod, my Raptor had a  full length stock recoil rod installed and the silencer would tighten fully without effort, it also didnt effect cycling one bit..

cheers.

Fantastic on both counts. Looks like my 1911s will slowly be coming together a bit more over the next couple of weeks then.

And I swear, those galco rigs are totally awesome - they're modular, yet contain no nylon and are actually nice to look at.

Fantastic on both counts.  Looks like my 1911s will slowly be coming together a bit more over the next couple of weeks then.

And I swear, those galco rigs are totally awesome - they're modular, yet contain no nylon and are actually nice to look at.

Heh, they do look pretty smart, I'll have to turn up at my first skirmish in a suit it seems :D

Yawn, another Kimber...

-Snip-

But it's my Kimber. :)

Kimber Team Match II

- WA SCW3 Kimber Gold Match II Base

- Prime Team Match II Metal Kit

- Guarder 150% Recoil and Hammer Springs

- Shooters Design Kimber .45 ACP Steel Chamber

- SD/Den Magwell

- Kimber Wood Grips

- Lots and lots of swearing

...That is why your name was in the same list as Mathub, evilhippy, and the others- Excellent pictures davedawg!

Slainte!

-G

...That is why your name was in the same list as Mathub, evilhippy, and the others- Excellent pictures davedawg!

Slainte!

-G

:shucks: Thanks! Though those were some quick snaps in ###### lighting. Maybe I'll stage better pics later on.

That kimber is sweet.

I would have already grab one if it hadn't an ugly bomar.

Thanks, though stainless, Kimber, and bomar are all I could ever ask for in a 1911. Well, a silver can like Pitt's would be nice...

Here's one sharing the spotlight:

p1000622qa2.jpg

Though you should see some of evilhippy's pictures from about this time last year.  Lovely carpet/lighting combinations

hehehe, mate, you should see some of the pictures I took for my sales threads last week, man, dreadful - but I don't have the time to photograph 150 things properly.

Unfortunately.