1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost finished Delta. It'll be getting a full length guide rod and PDI sear in the near future. I also have to figure out how to remove the current grip medallions without damaging the grips so I can replace them with new ones.

Having a curious problem with the FPS at the moment. With just the Nine Ball Air Seal the gun would shoot around 320 FPS on a warm mag. After the current round of upgrades (inner barrel, loading nozzle, piston) the FPS has dropped to 300. I'm quite baffled by this and have tried replacing the original barrel and loading nozzle unit to no avail. Right now I'm thinking I simply installed the piston head incorrectly. Anyone have any advice regarding this? I assume when you install the piston head you replace the entire original piston head and use the O-ring that comes with the replacement piston head instead of the rubber bit that comes on the stock piston head?

Also a word to the wise. PDI hammers for Marui Hi Capas do work in M1911s but not without modification. One problem is that the half cock tooth on the hammer I found to be too large and would cause the hammer to only fall to half cock instead of falling all the way. Lightening the leaf spring fixes this but causes the gun to fire in full auto. What I had to do was grind down the half cock tooth a bit and then increase the leaf spring pressure on the sear. Works great now. Also the Hi Capa hammers tend to be too big in the back for the A1 style grip safety. They need cut out present on a beaver tail to move far enough back to allow the slide to move to the rear. My solution was to take off material from the front of the hammer face until it fit, but I've heard grinding down the A1 grip safety or modding a beaver tail to fit would also work.

All in all I'm quite happy with this project.

TM M1911

PGC Delta Elite Slide

PGC Delta Elite Frame

PGC Delta Elite Outer Barrel

PGC Delta Elite Rear Sight

SD POM Loading Nozzle Set

Nine Ball Air Seal

PDI 6.01 Inner Barrel for Marui Hi Capa

PDI Oval Hammer for Marui Hi Capa

KM Stainless Steel Hammer Strut

Tanio Koba 3 Hole Trigger (Dual Tone)

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

Guarder Hi Flow Valve

RS Coco Bolo Delta Grips

RS Delta Grip Medallions

delta6.jpg

delta7.jpg

delta8.jpg

Edited by Pasch

Very Nice Pasch. Makes the cut into my Top 10 favorite TM 1911's.

Three questions I forgot to ask on ASF;

First, where did you source your Delta Medallions from?

Second, how is the quality/fitment of the Tanio Koba 3 Hole Trigger?

Third, what thoughts do you have on the KM Stainless Steel Hammer Strut?

Was it easy to install? Do you notice any improvement with it installed? Etc.

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment.

Delta Elite grip medallions can be found pretty readily on eBay. That is where I got mine.

I'm a big fan of the TK trigger. Like DaveDawg said, it is a nice drop in fit. The fact that they included a rod to help remove the existing pin is a very nice touch. Funny thing about the trigger actually. I accidentally bent the trigger bar slightly without noticing it, which made the trigger pull really gritty. I of course just assumed the gritty pull was due to the dimensions of the trigger and ended up sanding it down until I figured out what the real problem was and bent the bar back. Happy accident I guess since I like the dual tone trigger better anyway.

The KM Strut is a drop in fit. The pin that joins it to the hammer however on mine was too small and had to be glued in place.

Glad to hear the the TK trigger is a good bit for the 1911.

I had seen Delta Medallions of E-bay before and I was planning to pick up a set there. Nice to have confirmation that people have actually bought them from there though.

I may have to think about a KM strut since it sounds like it is within my skills to install it. I am still a bit confused as to why you really need one though.

Thanks

I generally use the KM strut since the stock piece is pot metal and generally looks to be a bit weak.

When getting Delta medallions be sure that you get the original ones, black background with gold edging. I also got a set for cheap, that are blue backgrounds with silver edging.

How is the finish on the Guarder SFA silver kits? I took a look and they seem a bit spangly, was wondering if I could maybe sand it down a bit to get rid of that. But then again, I'm worried that if I did that I'd end up with something that looks like one of those unfinished sandblasted Guarder kits.

P.S.: If anyone has a pic of either a Guarder or Pro-Win SFA silver kit on their TM 1911, could I request some pics?

The PGC Delta Elite is a nice piece. Based om Marui Hicapa or Marui 1911, as you use a hammer specificliy for Hicapa, as you wrote.

The only Thing I definitely do not like about your beautiful Delta Elite is the oval hammer. To me Delta Elite is directly linked to the simple hammer with a round hole. Otherwise perfect and absolutely adorable. ;)

Edited by SamJacksonFan
How is the finish on the Guarder SFA silver kits? I took a look and they seem a bit spangly, was wondering if I could maybe sand it down a bit to get rid of that. But then again, I'm worried that if I did that I'd end up with something that looks like one of those unfinished sandblasted Guarder kits.

P.S.: If anyone has a pic of either a Guarder or Pro-Win SFA silver kit on their TM 1911, could I request some pics?

I've posted them before, but here they are again.

HPIM1155.jpg

HPIM1169.jpg

TM M1911 Based

Bead blasted and polished controls

Guarder SFA MBK

Guarder 150% Recoil spring

PDI Milspec Hammer

PDI Piston Head

PDI 6.01mm Inner Barrel

PDI Stainless Sear

KM Stainless Hammer Strut

Nine Ball silver outer barrel

Nine Ball long recoil guide

RCC Hammer spring

Shooters Design POM Cylinder Set

Edited by junior
What's the 6.01 PDI barrel like? I havent seen any reviews or info on them anywhere.

Very nice. I just installed one in my TM 1911.

I haven't had a chance to run it by the chrono yet but, shooting it, I not only notice an increased FPS but also an increase in consistency. Between the DB Custom 6.01's and the PDI 6.01's I would defiantly recommend the PDI. I guess this is mainly because Stainless steel looks better than brass. I also have a 9Ball 6.03 of this length and I hope to run a comparison with it soon too.

I generally use the KM strut since the stock piece is pot metal and generally looks to be a bit weak.

Thanks for definitively answering my question hkssr20det.

Edited by Romulus