1911 Picture Thread

Really good polishing job! Much better than alot of the "Lets go at it with 200... Oh this is too much work" jobs you see nowadays!

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the raptor...

Anyway, quick question, I want my next build to be a 1911, are there any kits out there that are ornately designed? I'm hoping it to be a "gentlemens" 1911, if you get what I mean, I cant seem to findmuch on unCO and WGC.

Thanks!

Dom

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good polishing job! Much better than alot of the "Lets go at it with 200... Oh this is too much work" jobs you see nowadays!

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the raptor...

Anyway, quick question, I want my next build to be a 1911, are there any kits out there that are ornately designed? I'm hoping it to be a "gentlemens" 1911, if you get what I mean, I cant seem to findmuch on unCO and WGC.

Thanks!

Dom

Curious.. the nearest thing to an 'ornate' 1911 was that ex-General 'release'... or ... (and a custom one-off job at that) a KJW metal M9 that was done in the Phillipines..

Custom gold plated(it looked like) and major custom engraving.

Very classy.

Why not get one done... a bog standard Springfield or kimber (or colt!) slide, and then get it custom done?

Tempting wege... very very tempting... I'll tally up the accounts.

In the mean time, anyone point me to a silver finish Springfield or Kimber metal slide/frame kit please?

1911, no rail, I really cant find one.

Thanks

Dom