1911 Picture Thread

what do you mean by external? the kimber i have (yours) the extractor can come out, is this what you mean by external?

By external, it just means you can see it on the outside of the slide. Incidentally, the real Kimber TLE/RL IIs use internal extractors now too according to Kimber America's website. I believe the TLE/RL IIs used to have external extractors.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, GnG have the marsoc.. but im really after a stainless finish TLE II.. did someone say that non-railed kits will be available at the end of the year?

edit - it was you!

i think I'll order the TLE II from AG then wait for a metal kit.. rather than buying the custom from boomarms, which is a bit pricey..

cheers.

Edited by hardboiledcop

The boomarms custom is not so pricey, ie ~280-300$for the kit alone, and nearly 200 for the base gun. Plus the fitting from boomarms is very good, especially the front site and the plunger tube.

I bought a dual tone tle/rl2 from gng, it was the base for this :

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

:P

Hi dudes,

I have bought  Pachmayr grip for a 45 ACP Mark IV. But it was a wrong buy, because I have a WA 1911 MEU new model. So now, to which WA 45 pistol does my pachmayr grip fit? I hope you can help me.

Cya Cris

erm, all .45 full size frames have the same type of grips, for instance i can put kimber grips on my bob chow, and my bob chow grips on my military 1911 (frame)

they should all be interchangable

Well if their marked for a 45 ACP Mark IV they should be full size. WA do a Colt Defender and a Colt Officers Model and also the Wilson Combat Profesional.

correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the wilson combat professional has a full size frame.

the wilsonb combat tactical supergrade compact & stealth defense system have the smaller sized frame.

mathub, that's a sexy compact ;)

Here's the latest on my raptor 2 (last pics were back on page 31 or 32)

kimber3rf.jpg

Painted a few more bits black, and added some r/s slim grips (wood. then painted those black, too)

One of these days I'll try to take some better "artsy" pics of it. :)