SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice handsome pete, is the A2 handguard on the middle a real one or star?

I believe its a Star, no trade marks on it. Ris was on the side but don't have a LLM01 unit (a replica would be nice) so got the drill out and bunged it on the bottom. This is a team mates rifle, he's not to keen on the vertical grip since I put it on .

Nice how did you make that M249 though?? sorry for silly question

Originally a CA249 mk1, then bunged a A&K para stock on it & CA para barrel. No apology necessary ;)

• 1 month later...
Don't let the Army hear you say that :P

picsa80cwsonsa80.jpg

Common Weapons Sight (CWS)

picsa80iwsonsa80.jpg

A rare mount for the old Image-intensifying Weapons Sight (IWS). The mount clips onto both iron sight mounts.

Both real steel however, and sure beat my plastic springer kit I bought about 20 years ago.

ive used the top one before good bit ok kit tho quite big

am i the only one that likes the RIS on the SA80? cause i want one for my future ICS SA80... must have... even if i have to make it out of paper and cardboard

altho i do agree the grippod makes it fail

Edited by Warning
am i the only one that likes the RIS on the SA80? cause i want one for my future ICS SA80... must have... even if i have to make it out of paper and cardboard

altho i do agree the grippod makes it fail

I don't like the look of it but it is practical - and what more should an infantryman care about...

the new ACOG mount looks silly though - would've been better off with an RIS adapter like the Star one.

I don't normally speak out in favour oF RIS units (they usually cause nausea), but i've had the good fortune to handle an RIS L85A2 (A3 I suppose) and I actually like it; it suited the gun very well and the standard of engineering on it was very good.

-Matt

I’d love one of the RIS kits but I don't want to pay the price for one (links below),

WEP + laser ma bob?

Brugger and thomet

IF an airsoft manufacture did make one at least it would cost only a small fraction of what the real steel would.

But supposedly the Brugger and Thomet mk4 fits on the G&G like a glove, i could very well be wrong since the site wasn't in english. Though it was evident that the star requires some modding to get it on...

About half way down the Page

Edited by bellyisking

I don't often whinge about prices but that thing is outrageous - it's nigh-on 2/3 of the price of a real L85A2 alone. I realise that retail price is a 'let's screw over the desperate squaddie/airsofter price' but as a UK taxpayer, I really do hope the MoD didn't pay anywhere near this... <_<

:)

M4_Fanatic: I made my bfa using 2x20mm and 30cm long peace of metal which i then bended and added 5x20mm and 3cm long bit of metal to the end and on the other end two filed nuts. Then you have to weld hole thing together. The thing that tightens the whole thing to flashider is just filed bolt. Cost's like 5£ if you have all the tools to make it. Though it's not the easiest project to do, and takes some time as well.

tom lawson: What's wrong with my sling? What should i do to it?

tom lawson: What's wrong with my sling? What should i do to it?

The release buckle should be up against the front sling loop, not half way down the rifle.

How to do it properly (its the long winded version, bear with me):

Take the sling off completely. Unclip the buckle and reclip it so that the D ring on the female end of the sling and the slot at the end of the male end of the sling are facing upwards.

Feed the plain end of the sling (coming from the female part of the buckle) through the front sling loop.

Loop the sling back around and feed it through the D ring.

Feed the sling through the slot on the male end of the buckle.

Take the plain end of the sling again, and run it through the rear sling loop.

Get the plain end of the sling and the non-plain end together, and feed the plain end through the left hand side slot on the buckle on the non-plain end, and then loop it over and feed it through the right hand side slot of the buckle, and you're done!

Curse early mornings.

Yeah it's an earlier mount base. The elevation is at the front (you can just make out D & U) and the windage towards the back on the LH side. I'm assuming you zeroed it for 100, because when you changed the distance the mount post 'drops', thus elevating the end of the rifle etc.

One annoying thing for now is that with the screws being on the right, it touches the cocking handle. Not a big deal for me, but I imagine was probably part of the reason for redesign.

I'll take a few more if you're interested?

That said, someone who works in MoD stores just told me that the SA80 Man has it wrong, and this is infact a later mount base, it just never saw full roll out due to the ACOG (which would explain why there's no real pictures of it) although I'm not very sure of this.

Edited by Kipper