SA80 Picture Thread

Brit eye candy.

x2 Star L85A2s, one with iron sights, one with real steal Aimpoint Comp 4.

Pictures courtesy of Dingodog, from DingoDogs Airsoft shop.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/den...op/DSC00355.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/den...op/DSC00356.jpg

Nice, what's that rail the M4 is mounted on? Is it RS?

Edited by BigAl
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can we buy them or are they not available to civies yet?

I don't think that they even issue, possibly just a prototype used for various trade demos and product testing etc.

If anybody can find them anywhere I'd want to buy one as they'd convince me to finally buy an L85!

Anyone painted their L85?

Or, even better - could point to some RS photos?

Cause I'm seriously considering painting mine - classic look kinda got boring...

Sorry its so small - painteda2.jpg

There won't be many RS pics of painted SA80s, its frowned upon, except for the sneaky beaky types.

Brit eye candy.

x2 Star L85A2s, one with iron sights, one with real steal Aimpoint Comp 4.

Pictures courtesy of Dingodog, from DingoDogs Airsoft shop.

interesting. i wonder how it'd look with the aimpoint on the lower rail section. i think black furniture would suit that *awaits angry mob of purists*

interesting. i wonder how it'd look with the aimpoint on the lower rail section. i think black furniture would suit that *awaits angry mob of purists*

I have to agree with you.

An SA80 with that mount and Aimpoint, with the RIS foregrip covered in krylon is pretty much perfect in my opinion.

I'm going to have to wait until somebody brings out a cheap airsoft copy of the RIS before I buy one.

Here's my L86 A2, apologies for the quality of the image, taken on webcam. Had her for about a year, Star made hence the taped up bipod:

ScanImage04.png

Mounted on the AEG is a replica Elcan and Aimpoint and a Dbal battery case.

ScanImage07.png

I only milsim with this kit, for hectic skirmishes I remove all scopes and battery case, bung on RS iron sights and use a battery sling to reduce weight.

DBal is held on by Sig 552 rail I bolted to the foregrip, note the foregrip is taped shut preventing it from popping open, there is another 552 rail on the otherside.

Thanks for the quick response. Tis a a weight piece isn't it?

I can only wonder if the bull-pup design helps to balance all that weight out.

All/ most of the weight is between your sholder and your right hand with the saty (i'd imadgine most bullpups are the same) This means that so long as you keep it sholdered you can move your off hand away (to change mag or signal) without the muzzle dropping due to the ballance beeing forward of your main hand in other guns.

Suits me fine ^.^

Now this is nothing special to look at but I thought I'd post up a few pictures of the modifications I've carried out to my G&G L85A1 to bring it up to A2 standard in appearance.

Mods carried out:

Overview

ModA1toA221.jpg

1) New G&G A2 style cocking handle and a real dust cover spring fitted.

ModA1toA241.jpg

2) Real magazine release catch guard fitted.

ModA1toA281.jpg

3) Real bolt release catch modified to fit.

ModA1toA2131.jpg

4) Gas plug modified with metal filler to give it the single slot of an A2.

ModA1toA271.jpg

5) As a precaution I have made and fitted a 2mm thick polycarbonate disc in front of the forward lens of the SUSAT.

ModA1toA2141.jpg

Edited by Tarnish

With that thought in mind I wonder what the chances are of any airsoft accessories manufacturer producing the railed fore end and also the SA80/LMG stepped rail to take the Light Weight day Sight (ACoG). Of course that will also cause a need for a version of the TA31 ACoG to be available with the correct format CQB sight fitted.

The railed foregrip and LWS just don't look right to me on an L85 but that's progress for you!

:)

dsc00486w.jpg

Star SA80 with Star UGL

RS SUSAT, LLM and Sling...

(It's not mine sadly, it's my mates pride and joy... It's an absolutely beautiful piece of kit (aside from the work I had to do to get the UGl to fit...)

Edited by RWJP