Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse me? I didn't *beep* all over his purchase, I've talked to Skandarn before, purely as an optics guy it just makes me cry on the inside seeing a scope like that denied of going on a real gun. So before you get uppity I'll point out I didn't *beep* on his scope at all.

I take the same flak for putting real acogs on airsoft guns, and to some degree that's fair. However I have my limits to what kinds of scopes I'll put on an airsoft gun, a scope of the S&B caliber (no pun intended) to me just screams for a real gun. Like getting a ferrari only to drive it around a golf cart path.

I wasn't criticizing his purchase, just that it makes me sad seeing a scope like that confined to a bb gun.

Edited by Titleist
In the world of Real Steel, you dont place your barrel on your toe unless you don't care to keep that toe/foot for a while, otherwise you should always have positive control over your weapon ie your firing hand should be in its place at all times unless the weapon is slung and you NEED both hands to complete a task.  But thankfully this is not the realm of Real Steel and such rules need not apply!  :)

Maybe when shooting rifles and such, but shotguns (as in trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc.), no, so technically you aren't right ;). That's why it is common to see to gun rests that attach to your shoe so that you don't get burnt powder and wad fouling all over you shoe. You try standing for 45 minutes to an hour on a trap pad in the middle of summer throwing your gun up for one shot, then down, reload, and then wait for four other shooters to take their shots...doing this one hundred times...and see how tired you get. End of rant. :D

Edited by browningman

Nice MARPAT. If you don't mind me asking how much did that set you back?

Maybe when shooting rifles and such, but shotguns (as in trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc.), no, so technically you aren't right ;). That's why it is common to see to gun rests that attach to your shoe so that you don't get burnt powder and wad fouling all over you shoe.  You try standing for 45 minutes to an hour on a trap pad in the middle of summer throwing your gun up for one shot, then down, reload, and then wait for four other shooters to take their shots...doing this one hundred times...and see how tired you get. End of rant. :D

Reminds me of the first trap shoot I went to with my Dad. He was asked to join a team with some mates at the Police Department. He took his grandfather's Sears Model Shotgun (a Fifty Dollar Gun)and was one of the Top Scorers. It was quite interesting as he had a sling on it and everyone that had the $2000+ Over-under's just kind of stared.

It was quite interesting as he had a sling on it and everyone that had the $2000+ Over-under's just kind of stared.

I always stare too, especially when I see someone bring their goose hunting field gun painted in camo with sling and 26" barrel out onto the trap line. It just looks plain rediculous next to a gun with $1000 worth of Turkish walnut...ah well.

I guess we best be getting back on topic...

Nice MARPAT. If you don't mind me asking how much did that set you back?

Surprisingly very little. The blouse was bought used from a friend who recently got a new set. You may be able to tell that it is a tad bit faded. ~$25 used

Trousers were purchased from Milla. ~$40 brand new

And the boonie I found on ebay. ~$20 brand new

So about $85 in total, not bad. Its really excellent stuff and works amazingly well. Thanks for the comments

Once I get my next check I plan on getting an Eagle PC and going for a Force Recon type loadout, Ill post up pics then

Edited by TheLair

Good purchase TheLair. MARPAT rocks. Not to one up you but I just picked up a used blouse from my local Army/Navy shop for 16$, gonna pick up the trousers probably next week (20$). What's awesome about the genuine article (as you already know) even if they are worn the colour is still excellent, it doesn't fade really at all. Still looking for a good used boonie that will fit my noggin though.

Regarding your comment about a possible Eagle PC. Do it. Simple as that! :D I was hesitant spending that much money on gear. After seeing/feeling it and putting it on, I have never had a second thought about it. That and chicks will dig you! ;)

EDIT:

400 posts. Neat.

Edited by Pain_is_Red
Maybe when shooting rifles and such, but shotguns (as in trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc.), no, so technically you aren't right ;). That's why it is common to see to gun rests that attach to your shoe so that you don't get burnt powder and wad fouling all over you shoe.  You try standing for 45 minutes to an hour on a trap pad in the middle of summer throwing your gun up for one shot, then down, reload, and then wait for four other shooters to take their shots...doing this one hundred times...and see how tired you get. End of rant. :D

My apologies, I should have been a little more specific in my post as I was only referring to Real Steel in regards to Military situations, hence the necessity of positive control of a weapon :)

Surprisingly very little. The blouse was bought used from a friend who recently got a new set. You may be able to tell that it is a tad bit faded. ~$25 used

Trousers were purchased from Milla. ~$40 brand new

And the boonie I found on ebay. ~$20 brand new

So about $85 in total, not bad. Its really excellent stuff and works amazingly well. Thanks for the comments

Once I get my next check I plan on getting an Eagle PC and going for a Force Recon type loadout, Ill post up pics then

I got a a set in Desert and Woodland along with boonies for $90 total! Gotta love ebay!

Are you a Marine?

Anyone can get ahold of the real MARPAT. It is just the surplus MARPAT that the USMC rejected because of a missed stitch or slight fray, but really nothing that's detrimental to the durability of the BDU itself.

Edited by browningman