G&G SA80!

dechande

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the round doesn't want to go, why force it?

Ugh. The forward assist isnt to help the rounds in

The SA80 bold is a Foward Motion Rotary Locking system. Something on the first round when it goes forwards the round is chambered but sometimes the bolt doesnt spin, hence the splines dont lock. The only purpose to hit it is to make sure that the bolt had locked. But yeah this process has been dropped from the A2

Oh *fruitcage*! I wanted an affordable L85 but now I've convinced myself I should buy a CA AUG. I hate having to make choices like that. I might end up with the CA though because I picked up my friends CA36K and just thought how great the build quality was.

Translation:

Top right coner: Phototype SA80, seems nearly finished and very solid feeling. (pic top and below are g&g products). the pic shown a blow back system in action, the sound come from the metal simply amazing.

the left middle pic: the rear butt pad is made from a 1 piece rubber.

middle pic: custom G3 with MSG style grip and folding stock.

right pic: unfinished molding of magnisium alloy receivers. It cuts a lot of weight! (something like that....)

sa809fx.jpg

ggebr2so.jpg

I'm sure you can detach/disable the blow back if you wanted to. Apart that: It strips like the real thing, unlike the STAR! Certainly a good point. I wish the the gearbox is something like the TM V6.

I feel my custom L85 devaluating rapidly :?.

Why is everyone going "ZOMG!" when there's already an L85 out?

I undestood it when it was the MP7 - but what's all the fuss about? Considering STAR already have buttloads of accesories out for theirs, and it already has a good reputation.

CC

and doesnt have a good reputation .i really looked into a star sa80 but everyone i have spoke to says i need this that and the other to make it reliable, and i dont want to spend £600 my first aeg, but i do want an sa80. and i have a good info saying it will be alot cheaper than the star. what the hell is the point in taking the time to post what you (casey_cole) said?? look, now youve made me waste time pointing your waste of time out!!! GGARAARR!!

-off for a drink :)

I undestood it when it was the MP7 - but what's all the fuss about?  Considering STAR already have buttloads of accesories out for theirs, and it already has a good reputation.

CC

STAR L85 is:

1) EXPENSIVE.

2) Hard to find placement parts.

3) Needs a lot of internal tweaking - Motors especially - MORE MONEY.

4) EXPENSIVE.

5) EXPENSIVE.

Made my point?

I undestood it when it was the MP7 - but what's all the fuss about?  Considering STAR already have buttloads of accesories out for theirs, and it already has a good reputation.

CC

Also, this is a British site... everytime the L85, the British Army's main infantry rifle, comes out by a different company, shouldn't you expect a thread and some excitement?

Archived