Do the British know the states in the US?

therazn

I did the European capitals one. Jesus, gaps in my knowledge, such shame, can't keep describing symptoms...

Damn... Only missed San Marino. I'd never even heard of it until now

History shouldn't judge you too harshly. To most Europeans, it'll forever be 'that place Ayrton Senna died'. Not exactly something to print on the tourist flyers.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just combine the Dakotas and take over Mexico and make a bunch more states? Then we can have more than 50. Better yet, just take over the English speaking part of Canada and make those states too!

*Man Eastern European countries sure are mind boggling. :huh:

Hmm.....hmm.....hmm....We speak English....so England? :huh:

Sorry, I always think Great Britain for some reason. *Hits self over head with hammer*

well no you were right the first time because it is the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland,

Great britain is made up of Englan and Scotland, as wales is actually part of England (but dont tell the welsh that they might get upset)

I can manage up to about 40 something states from my head. Did this the other day to prove a point, after an American friend, when asking me about my time in the UK, asked "Is Manchester in London?". :D

The day Americans realise there's a world outside their own border, and consuming 90% of the world resources single handedly isn't quite fair, I might make the effort to recall their states.

And incidentally Leeds is nowhere near London, and an assumption anything north of London is Scotland is not quite correct.  :P  :blink:

At Airport - in check-in line.

American Tourist: Hey, there buddy! Where you going?

DarkLite: Oh, I'm off to England to see my family.

AT: Wow! Isn't that somewhere in London?

DL: Er, London is a city IN England, actually.

AT: Oh.

*Silence*

AT: But it's still pretty close to the United Kingdom, right?

At Airport - in check-in line.

American Tourist: Hey, there buddy! Where you going?

DarkLite: Oh, I'm off to England to see my family.

AT: Wow! Isn't that somewhere in London?

DL: Er, London is a city IN England, actually.

AT: Oh.

*Silence*

AT: But it's still pretty close to the United Kingdom, right?

I think you've used that before....

i wonder if any of you could name all eight states in Australia and then tell me which city is the capital  :D

Queensland, Northern Territory, Southern Austrailia, Western Austraila, Victoria, Tasmania....

What's the 8th?

And I don't know what the capital is, but I can narrow it down to Sydney, Brisbane, and Canbarra (sp?)

...did I just make an *albatross* of myself?

Queensland, Northern Territory, Southern Austrailia, Western Austraila, Victoria, Tasmania....

What's the 8th?

And I don't know what the capital is, but I can narrow it down to Sydney, Brisbane, and Canbarra (sp?)

...did I just make an *albatross* of myself?

Yes.

The capital is Melbourne.

wait i still only see seven...

*checks teh intrynet*

because there are only seven... where did ye get eight from?

unless you count australian capital territory

im being dumb arn't i... i couldnt do that europe map thing either, and the united states map made me make this face: ^o^

Archived