Armalite Picture Thread

A punch and a small hammer. If you don't have a punch, use an old drill bit with a similar diameter. Be REAL careful because I broke my receiver trying to use the Magpul's pin.

1apl7.jpg

I wish you guys were there to see my reaction :P

Lube the your OEM airsoft pin and if common sense tells you something is about to go south, walk away for a few minutes.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter what side you punch it from. I use a screw driver to punch it out a bit then I grab it from the other side with a wrench and pull it out

EDIT: @SS: Haha, I know how it feels. Same thing happen to mine while I was installing my G&P Knights trigger guard. I was really happy when it happen, really :P

Edited by The_End
A punch and a small hammer. If you don't have a punch, use an old drill bit with a similar diameter. Be REAL careful because I broke my receiver trying to use the Magpul's pin. 

Dude... that isn't your new Zeke lower that you were putting on your LMT MRP was it!?!!

It was, LOL. Happened a while ago. I've since gone to Guarder. I'm working with a 1-peice hop-up. More milling may happen.

Whats a one piece hop up?

Im in desperate need for a hop up for my SPR, the one (stock CA) that in their now, i took apart to fix one piece, but now it doesnt even work, my shots are all over the place.

Quick question, how do you guys remove the trigger guard, that back pin, which side do you punch it out at, and what do you use to punch it out. I want to replace it with a MAGPUl.

I changed the trigger guard from one G&P receiver to another recently. I bought a Craftsman punch set (I used the 3/32 punch) and it took about 2-3 taps for the trigger guard pin to come out. I was using *beep* nails at first, but they aren't any match for the steel pin. Also, the Craftsman set has a lifetime guarantee so Sears replaced a 1/16 punch I managed to snap off.