XM90 (Name Pending)

Donut

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well donut, I guess we're both working on some new suprises for the airsoft community. show me your's and I'll show you mine!

:D

I'll PM you later.

WHAT?.... DID YOU JUST DROP IT?....

I'm dissapointed... and ashamed...

:(

Well, it's ok, as far as the gun goes, it's complete. It will shoot just fine, except that it's stock and semi-auto doesn't like to work <_<

The project never had a clear heading or finish in mind, if I kept going, it would just make it worse. Now it's out of my hands, maybe it'll take a different direction.

Maybe someone gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. At least its taken the better end of a project, the worse one is just plain quitting ie project death.

Not quite, I'm trading it for Yeager (well, really it's ledpocket's) custom SL8-C. I wanted somthing a little different. I'm still deciding if I'm going to mod it. But I do have better projects coming up.

Well, turns out I'm not getting the SL8C, instead I'm going to be getting another P90RDS, and then another P90TR. (trading out XM90 and P226)

I'll have 3 P90's MUAHAHAHAHA. mmmm dual weilding P90... it's like a dream come true

Anyways, I've got new projects coming up, so stay tuned.

And Weber's sniper rifle? Didn't he just use WA2000, G36, and VSS vintorez?

Hmm... I am not sure on the G36, but the VSS looks about right, as does the WA2000... Not that either is that easy to do. :)

Of coruse, the only time they bothered with details of a gun was that episode of Fumoffu where the gangers were all blablabla about the TMP Sagara brandished at them. The 'scrat gun' or whatever they transltaed that SPP in the first episode... Heh. :)

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of thought, and some double checking the check book. I've decided to keep, and finish the XM-90A1 project.

From here on out however, it will be refered to as the XM90A2.

First things first, I'm losing the top rail, fin thing.. Not only does it ruin the appeal of the rifle, but it also slows down reload time considerably. In its place I plan to mount a scout type forward mount with an Aimpoint.

Secondly, The Ergonomics of the foregrip are poor, very poor. So poor that I've decided to rework the design and add a vertical forward grip. Not only will this improve the ergonomics of the rifle, but it will also give the end user a perfect "battle stance".

Thirdly, I can't get a good cheek weld with P90s in general. I hate the things..

So I'm adding a cheek plate to the rear of the receiver, its position will also aid in guiding magazines into the "well".

And last but not least, the gun makes way too much noise. I plan to pad down the gearbox with foam and install a silent piston head/cylinder combo. This should cut down on noise considerably.

Edit: Phase 1

XM90001.jpg

Also, should have it soon Donut ;) I have the DC number if you like..

Weird, I thought foregrip was perfect, then again, it's personal preference I guess.

I didn't get a chance to finish the top, my plan was to cover the sides completely and make a ramp into the "magwell", it would look better than be more practical.

I didn't think the noise was too bad, might be the gearbox?

And I'm still waiting for your P90 <_<

Minor update.

XM90002.jpg

What's left of the top rail is now serving as a rear V notch sight. I've also attached the included rail to the handguard. Front sight will have to wait until tomorrow, Don't have any dremel bits to make a cutout for it ontop of the handguards.

You know, I've been thinking... since I've parted the XM90, there has been a great demand for it. So I'm wondering if there's a big enough interest for me to make more...

And since I know wth I'm doing this time, I can have one done in about a week's worth of work.

So here I am, anyone want to participate? I'm in it for the thrill of modding (lol) money isn't too important.

Of course, the client will have a choice in the optic rail, pistol grip, flashhider, and handguard, and just about everything else. I'll keep the modding fee somewhat cheap, maybe about $60-80? a rough estimate, depending on the customer's demand/style and of course, the material.

I guess I can work out the details later. I'm just wondering if anyone is actually interested.

O, btw, the first costumer get special discount :P

PM me for more details or if you're interested ;)

Wrong Weber, though.

As for special P90's, I am thinking what it'd take to make something L86-equivalent out of one. Not quite as dedicated long-range support rifle but the 'Light Squad Automatic Weapon'.

A PSG-1 or G3 SG/1 front with integrated bipods could look nifty, with heavy bull-barrel and hefty scope on top. But I think it'd require some serious reinforcement or the thing'd snap from the forearm joint the moment the rifle was lifted.

Like this?

G3-90.jpg

Only quick I know, I'm not certain myself, I think the foregrip is too slender compared to the chunkiness of the P90.

I wonder about something a bit more Minimi like?

P90-LSW.jpg

Now if anyone can work out a belt feed mechanism for that I'll be very impressed.

Like this?

G3-90.jpg

Only quick I know, I'm not certain myself, I think the foregrip is too slender compared to the chunkiness of the P90.

I wonder about something a bit more Minimi like?

P90-LSW.jpg

Now if anyone can work out a belt feed mechanism for that I'll be very impressed.

omg make the halo 2 battle rifle. " target="_blank">My Webpage

Archived