XM90 (Name Pending)

Donut

ive been thinking of an easy mod to do to the mags/loading system to feed from the side.

what you could do (might work might not) is put some sort of pin on the flat end of each mag, make a hole in the front of the mag holdy thing (dont know what you call it on a P90 XD) that the pin would slot into. ditch the bit at the top that holds the mag in place. and then (possibly with a bit of modding to the mag catch) you might be able to load by putting the front of the mag in first (from the side) and then sliding the rest in using the pin at the front as some sort of pivot. that probably wouldnt be that hard to do either and it would allow you to totally cover the mag area allowing you to put pretty much anything on there

xm90mod.jpg

obviously youre not limited to G36 carry handles, they were just some that i thought might look ok. but this would allow you to nick an optic or rail system from almost anything

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching this creation come together for quite some time, and I finally think I should give some in put here. For the sight, just go with the red dot, and (sue me :P ) mount it scout style. Although you might have to hack off that nub on the top of the G36 sight mount, and you may lose QD capabilities, I think it might suit the rifle better. Ignore that I cut off the flash hider.

Sure, it's boring and simple, but don't forget, this might save you time and hassle down the road.

XMIdeacopy.jpg

Oh, and put something between the pistol grip and the stock. It will look sooo much better!

Yeah... I went a full circle with this... I need to finish this, now...

IMG_0019-1.jpg

IMG_0020-1.jpg

MP5 sights? Yes? No? Maybe?

IMG_0022-2.jpg

my plague, I wanted to let the magazine slide in from the side, but the problem is that the P90 magazines aren't perfectly flat... and I can't figure out exactly how the mag catch really works, since the P90 body won't open <_<

right, about the mag catch. i may be talking ######s here (as im judging from a well D90 XD), but i was just talking about sanding the mag catch waaaay down on the outside so that with a little bit of force the mag could slide over it fairly easily and it would stay there as the other side would remain pretty much unchanged.

like i say, from looking at a D90 thats my theory, maybe you could buy one just to muck about with the mag system and other stuff before attacking the XM90 with any potentialy fatal (for the gun) ideas

The P90 body is glued together, you need to pry it apart, and my, will your heart ache and stop and shudder whilst you are doing that

Is that Mecanno?

Dom

I know, it's a ****ing ***** to open... <_< I had to open it when I cut the front grip off to see how the selector switch worked....

But now I can't open it again... as I've bondo'd the front and back.

I don't know what that is, I just found it in my old toy box, figured it has to come in handy somehow...

my plague, I'll see...

The latest bondo job was a mixed result... the lower and handguards are perfect, the only thing left now is paint; while the upper was a disaster...

Next month would be the 1 year anniversary since I had the idea.

Though I can probably do it in 2 weeks on the second try...

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

All the holes, gaps, and imperfections on the lower and handguard have mostly been fixed.

I think you should add one of these:

Nitro.Vo Rail Handguard for G36

and one of these

Nitro.Vo Rail Handguard for P90

and some nice rail covers

humn mabey a shrubbery

or more importantly a bottle opener and a p38

but thats just my 2 cents

Well, sorry for the lack of updates lately... Anime, GRAW2, and school has been keeping me busy. I just need a couple more days left, I'll probably finish to beta in spring break.

I have designed the XM90 Mod. 0 for all you rail whores and an AG90 for all you GL whores... but whether I'll make it or not is a totally different story.

Man, this project is an inspiration. I'm thinking of trying to do my own P90 project heavily based on the XM90 (although I know I'll never make a gun as good :D), but I doubt I'll have the balls to do it...

Well... I'm okay with adding a G36 front end (thinking of a G36C's front) sawing through my P90's lower reciever to add a pistol grip will be scary as hell. I've worked on a few concepts in Paint a lil bit, and the pistol grip makes a huge difference in the gun's looks. Ah well. It's either this or a PS90 project, which'll be a hell of a lot easier... or, a P90 with a G36C/K front end and nothing else (a half-assed XM90 :P).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Have any pictures of the gun you are building for EmptyChambers(james)? Its not the XM90 but still i'd like to see it :-)

IMG_0048-2.jpg

Let me know if you want more pics

The 9 weapon

I think making an AEG out of a springer is just about the hardest thing you can do... Right now it doesn't look much, but I had to redesign the loading nozzle, the trigger, the trigger bar, the back, the barrel mount... the list goes on... It's about half-way done now. The harder part is over, now it's just cosmetics and some tweaking.

Empty is getting a steal for this ;) Around the same price as a new Marui, but it's okay since it's a first job.

The carry handle is too long. And it's not level with the handgrip.

Level it, then shorten the carry handle by 3 inches and make the supporting bracket for it vertical. That'll look much better.

Archived