XM90 (Name Pending)

Donut

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I hate the new handle too... but right now it's the only method that meets my requirements. It's relatively easy, it's long enough for a scope, I can use iron sights, the optics can be mounted back, and it's somewhat low.

If anyone has a better idea, feel free to post it.

Otherwise I could tear the whole thing down, get rid of the mag catch, lower the handle more, cover one side, and make the mag well on the side... but I just need a device to press it down and hold it...

Haha...quoting from post 7: "I say it is about 90% completed at this point, I still have a bit of beauty/patch work to do, but it's "finished" in the sense that I'd feel safe taking it to a game." AFAIK, the only improvement needed after the pic rwham referred to was smoothing the bottom of the stock.

Alright, enough repetition of all the bashing... :)

The current version looks okay. I hope you consider smoothing things out and adding some curves, maybe to cover up the sight once you add it. Good luck as always!

AK style mount raised a bit high and hand a peep sight off the bottom of it?

suggested before and i still agree. drill a russian mount plate into the side, get a couple of weaver rail russian scope mounts and you can choose whatever scope you want and very quickly switch between RDS/reflex and scope. i think sights underneath the mount might be a bit uncomfortable as they would have to be VERY low, obviously the mount would have to be high enough and far enough forwards to allow mag changes but if its too high i think it would ruin the look of the gun. eitherway, lets face it, if youre DMRing youre not likely to need iron sights, and the same if you have an RDS, so why not have a set of folding sights built into the gun, so when you want irons you can remove the scope mount and flip the sights.

and for the love of god leave it black, touch it with OD and i will KILL you

Souske

Thanks. The sides are indeed a little rough; the paint isn't even completely dry yet :P I'm just too impatient.

InsaneJoe

Yeah, I purposely made it like that, the rail I have is the AR15 handguard ones, which is slanted to begin with so it is a perfect fit.

dismemberd

Yeah, it does look weird from the side, I have an idea to fix that though. And I do know what to do :D

I was a bigger fan of one of the earlier models. this one looks to lean, too...futuristic, but that is me.

It is a true work of art and should go down in airsoft history. Great work donut. Glad it is finally finished, or is it?

What sight are you going to put on it? Still the F2000-like sight or something new now?

You should use a sanding block as often as you can to get a consistent surface.

Also, I know with my models white out works great as a small-scale filler for little cracks / scratches etc. It dries rock hard after a half hour or so and you can sand it perfectly smooth with 600 grit paper. The only thing with white-out is that I think it might crack under enough stress, like skirmishing. I dont really know because I only use it for my models. You might want to just give it a try

But it definitely looks pretty cool right now

I'm gonna agree with HBC on that it'd look plenty pucka with slight skeletonization to the stock.

But it's neat enough that if I had some extra cash, I'd send you some to fit me one... Althought I'd ask for a slight modification for mine from this... :) Namely, 'over-barrel silencer sleeve' to make it a FIBUA counter-sniper rifle. :)

Skeleton stock? If I'm thinking what you guys are talking about, then I don't think I could do it, there's not much space left anywhere on the gun, it's as small as possible while still keeping everything inside.

But you know what? I do have an over barrel silencer in the works ;)

Yea, I can understand that there is no space in the stock to skeletonize into. As for the silencer... I am not surprised at all. The 'heavy barrel' fel that an overbarrel silencer confers fits that gun like mother-of-pearl grips fit on a blued M1911A1... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't paticularly like the current rail either. It was something that just happened before I decided to change it. Though it's out of my hands now.

Thanks everyone for following this since I started; it was really fun. But now it's going to a new home. :cry: waaaaaaaa

I didn't even get to skirmish with it, thuogh it probably wouldn't hold up much better than a stock P90 from the lack of upgrades.

Now I've got my sights on a new project.

Archived