XM90 (Name Pending)

Donut

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, not much of an update, just redid the upper (again)

More streamlined now

IMG_0012-1.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

I need to do this so my scope idea would work. Now all I have left is installing a new hop-up, new spring, and making the scope.

It looks weird in the picture, but it's not actually curved, it's just angled.

I am here to answer that call.

It looks great. I imagine you are planning on doing some sort of intrigration with the scope into the rifle. Such as the Fn 2000?

I cannot wait to see the finished product...if you ever finish it and stop adding cooler stuff to it.

Useless, unconstructive posts welcome.

Why must you tease me so!!!

...if you ever finish it and stop adding cooler stuff to it.

OMG STOP ADDING COOLER STUFF TO IT!

I feel like one of those console fanboys that sit and wait for every little announcement and new picture released of "their precious"...

Well, thanks for the comments, I guess...

It looks tall, but it's around the same distance from the scope to barrel as the F2000, guess the gap in the back makes it look taller than it is. It is pretty bulky though, but that's ok, it's not like I'm going to be running around a lot with this thing. The scope shell is only to complete the cool futuristic DMR varient look. I could just as well as slap a random scope on it but I want to be special :D (Just imagine there's a lot of cool functions and high-tech gizmo in the thing)

It doesn't have any parts from a F2000, think of it more like the parents being P90 and G36 while the F2000 being the nanny that influenced it... :mellow: sorry but that's the best analogy I can think of right now...

Nightfire, I would love to put a G36 handle on the thing... but there's a few technical and design issues to work out first. If you have any idea, please feel free to let me know, any input is welcomed.

I want to redo the upper... again (for like the 5th time?) But I might have to mod the lower this time first.

O yeah, help me decide. Right now I have 2 options, to make the top of the scope shell rounded (like the F2000) or keep it angular like the G36KE carry handle. The rounded version would be a little shorter, but I don't think it'll match with the rest of the gun, while the angular version would be taller but fit better with the handguards. What do you guys think? Right now I don't really care either way, but if enough people decides then I'll just go with that.

Archived