AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh ffs, why won't someone quote it again? I don't think we've seen the pics often enough on this page yet.

And these are the specs:

Externals:

Guarder AKMS Carbine Thumb grip

King Arms Upper

Guarder pistol grip and selector switch

Bulgarian Folding stock

Metal ak47s reciever modded to akms

Metal front end modded to aksu

Guarder akm Bakelite mag with marui internals

Element receiver cover

E. German AK sling

Internals:

Pro Win cnc hop up

Hurricane High Speed gears and metal bushings

Classic Army cylinder and cylinder head from stock slr105a1

Classic Army tappet plate

Metal Airnozzle w/ o-ring

Bearing spring guide

Stock classic army spring

classic army stock slr motor

For someone who is so defensive when people are anal about aks, you are pretty anal about flashiders - or is that muzzle break?  ;)

i was only bringing it up BECAUSE he was being anal. i was basicly saying if youre going to be anal and presicise at least get the name of the muzzle device right.

but point taken about the swedish thing :)

Actually they are the right flashhiders. i believe either yugoslavia or ukraine has started refurbishing and piecing together ak's in a cheap alternative. so there are 47 with akm and 74 flashhiders and akm's with 47 and 74 flashhiders

its a muzzle break not a flash hider :D lol

errm, and isnt the AK the cheap alternative already? lol

Edited by my_plague_666

very nice looking gun you have there.

is it meant to be an AKM or AK74? because im pretty sure AKMs didnt have lightened stocks...although IMO they look better so its all good.

anyone here own or have held/seen in the flesh (or wood and steel) the SRC AKS74u? its meant to be a VFC clone and i was considering buying one. for my next gun (that way i have a woodland and CQB gun with compatible mags)

Nope

Front sight looks missshaped to be AKM, Gastube is clearly a 74,Reciver holes by the mag are to big, AKM are smaller, cover might be dunno, have no idea what foregrip is, Pistol grip has wrong shape to be a AKM.

I have 2 AKM's myself i know how it should look like.

EDIT: Bolt is also not AKM, 47 maybe?

Edited by GRIM!

It is an AK74 (CYMA) with an Element AK74 body, and and wood-kit installed. I also added a G&P AKM muzzlebreak to make it look more like an AKM.

I payed small money for this one, and I am proud of it. (depending on that it took me less money than an TM stock AEG).

Sorry for my bad mistakes; English is not my native language.

edit: Any suggestions what I could change for small money, to make it look a little more like an AKM ?

Edited by Damage
Nope

Front sight looks missshaped to be AKM, Gastube is clearly a 74,Reciver holes by the mag are to big, AKM are smaller, cover might be dunno, have no idea what foregrip is, Pistol grip has wrong shape to be a AKM.

I have 2 AKM's myself i know how it should look like.

EDIT: Bolt is also not AKM, 47 maybe?

Early AKM's had un-notched bolts and 'M and '74 gastubes are the same.

Edited by Hoppum

people in the ak sections have just got way too picky these days. I remember when if you had a decent wood akm wood kit on a tm, people would call it a nice akm reguardless of of how accurate it was. Now its " ohhh lets point out every freakin thing that isnt exactly how it should be!!" Instead of giving the people credit for what they have done. So what its a little off, its still close and it looks good. Go into a "Real" Ak forum and you see guns that look identical to that.

Sorry I just had to give my 2 cents. Im not getting down on anyone and its nice seeing that people are knowledgable in there ak asthetics but I think the whole throwing it in there face cause its not exactly accurate needs to be toned down a little.