LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

Nothing special, just a DE M47 with a copper pipe for an outer barrel. I could make it look a bit better, but the damn thing is too wobbly to feel sturdy so I don't think it's worth it. And the spring is weak now from being cocked for over a day while the glue dried.

Picture099.jpg

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used that Gorilla Glue stuff, which is pretty strong once it dries, but it take for ever to begin to stick on its own. Usually about 4 hours or else it has the adhesive properties similar to grape jelly, so had to clamp it to the end of the tube or it would move out of position. It was only clamped for a maximum of four hours at a time, but I tried a bunch of different things before I got it to look like it does now, so the total time it was left cocked was about 24 hours.

Edit: I get what you mean now. The hand guard was pulled back, it wasn't that the spring was just cocked. Thanks for the comments. :)

Edited by ChrisNorthInGer
Looks like it to me. How is it? A friend of mine has been looking at it but doesnt want to blow his money on a bad gun.

The SRC G36 shoots well and FPS is around 330. If it's anything like the XM8 then it should be a good performer. Mine has gone through 8000 bbs and still going strong. Your friend won't be disappointed.

Just got this yesterday. Real solid feel to this gun, like holding a TM. Plan to test it out this Saturday in a skirmish.

SRC G36 Box

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/St...671/srcg362.jpg

Box Contents

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/St...671/srcg363.jpg

G36

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/St...e671/srcg36.jpg

Can I ask how much and where from? Thanks

I know the silencer attachment's OTT to say the very least, but having the feature of being able to break the rifle down in just five seconds just got me in a "Hollywood Hitman" kind of mood. Cheers for the info on that, DarkLite.

imo AUGs look wrong with silencers, they look out of proportion with the barrel.

a phantom shadow however is pretty close to being as damn sexy as a bullpup can be

and i NEED that G36

Edited by my_plague_666
Brett230SX, can you give a total cost estimate of that beautiful weapon of yours?

Terran,

Thanks for the kind words! My credit card statement says just under $700 :) But I am shooting for over $700, I have some more goodies to order!

It's not that the stock Echo1 needed any of this, it's just that I wanted to "build" my own AEG and the Echo1 was a good way to get the gearbox and other essentials to use as my platform, for a decent price.

I could have just as easily shelled out $400 for a factory metal armalite (Classic Army, ICS etc) but I wanted to do it my own way. And lots of the money is for add-on's and stuff that it didn't really need.

It's been a fun project! Next on the list is a pair of handguard rails with a folding vert grip, G27 hand grip and maybe a tightbore barrel and a G&P ambidextrous mag catch.

Did you paint the bakelite effect on yourself or is it something they are doing now?  Either way, that looks awesome.

Its a version AGM are producing now - got it from RSOV. The pictures don't really do it justice its sooooo much nicer when you see it for real.

You've got quite a lot of clones now, right Trooper?  Which one would you rank the 'best' if you had to?

Steve

LOL I have got a few now. As for favourite thats quite hard to answer. The AGM M14 is a beast and has great range and accuracy but the finish isn't fantastic. The MP40 is so nicely built and looks amazing I don't really want to skirmish with it!! I think if I had to pick a favourite it would be the JG G36C. Having cleaned out the hop and barrel very thouroughly (stripped it down and degreased it) its really consistantly accurate. I've ordered some metal bushings a new hop rubber and a decent spring guide so that should tweak it up quite nicely.

I think the G36 being favorite has got a lot to do with it being JG. They have really got their act together and are turning out some amazing stuff. I'm so close to getting a JG M16 and the M733 right now!!! Must.....resist......temptaion....... :blink:

Terran,

Thanks for the kind words!  My credit card statement says just under $700 :) But I am shooting for over $700, I have some more goodies to order!

Heh, pretty pricey. I know I've spent over $1k on my AUG though. :P Project guns are indeed fun though. I'm in the middle of upgrading my UTG MP5 at the moment.

Some minor changes to a few

M93rAEPincase.jpg

Jieke M93r AEP: Cut the compensator down and modded some TM mags to work. This is actually in bits right now to install some Nine Ball parts.

S-Systemfullstock.jpg

A&K S-System: G&P Rebar cutter, Star tightbore, Full stock off of R7, G36 side rails, 35mm Barska RDS, 9.6v 3500mah nimh, M120! on stock internal + metal bushings, spring guide, and shims <----around 3000rds so far.

M4SD9mmCranestock.jpg

Well R7: TM silencer, SRC tightbore, 35mm Barska RDS, Warhead 9mm conversion, Boyi Bim4 Crane stock (on A&K metal buffer tube)modded to hold 9.6v 1400mah nimh, M100, metal spring guide, and shims.

Edited by Epyon