LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh slash, liking the AK74.

Do you know if there is like a Plum coloured Krylon?

Iv'e ordered a cyma ak74, might try to paint the furniture plum.

I don't thinks there's plum krylon - But I'm sure you could get plum spray paint of similar quality - If you do paint anything plum - Get a wood set and plum the handgrip in my mind

eeeeeeeew rails on an ak!

hahaha just kidding.

but seriously. thats gross.

anyways.... hows it shoot?

It's cheapsoft - Besides I have always been a fan of tactical AKs - Purely from an aesthetic point of view. Anyway, I plan on a wood set for the AK74, so that should balance it out

Shoots well though - good velocity and range, The Hop on mine wasn't particularly well seated - slightly to the left - Easy fix though

it looks like youre trying to hide that deagle lol

Well, you see, that is not cheapsoft... really.

Meh, I assumed someone would come up and go on a "OMG DAT AM NOT TEH CHEEP!!!!11eleventlyone!!" rant

Slash wwhich would you say is better out of box, the cyma ak74 or the Jg ak47 tactical?

And is the lower reciever metal on the cyma ak74?

Out of the box, it's hard to say - the CYMA wins for ROF and, in my case, accuracy - But the JG beats it on power (supposedly ~370fps)

The Lower receiver of the CYMA AK is plastic, but it's of EXTREMELY high quality - Very nice dark matte finish - far nicer than the shinyness of the JG

Although I quite like the JG finish on a tactical AK - Gives nice contrast between the grips and stock.

I love the freedom these new ACM WWII guns give you as far as modding and personalizing! I would never 'weather' or 'distress' my TM Thompson the way I have this new CYMA M1A1, or the AGM MP0. Its great when you only pay a fraction of the cost the higher-end guns run. ;)

M1A1MP402.png

CYMAM1A1Aft2.png

loving that thompson. nice looking wood kit, what brand is it?

ohh, and you should do a blowback mod on it for ultimate noise, realism and general awesomeness

It was $79 from BoomArms, not sure of the brand, it's Chinese

TY! iloveics :D

:mellow:

You said the 'D-Word'....

Anyway, I'm likin' that JG 'Tactical' AK...might pick one up, as I need an AK anyway.

-Vic

not a desert eagle fan eh?

oh, and i hear the cyma tactical is nicer than the JG finish wise, internals are meant to be better too, JG just has a stronger spring

Yep.

Took my CYMA to a game and had everyone coming up and touching the thing to check it wasn't metal - the finish is that good.

"Is it a metal body?"

"Is it a TM?"

"Is it a CA?"

Friend with JG Beta, gets no love. At all. Probably cos his teammates hated it's screeching.

Actually I think JG have got better with regards to gearboxes - The only thing I have to go on is a hole in a desk.

But seriously, my JG AK sounds extremely smooth and it's rate of fire is easily as high as my stock CYMA 031 (used to be) and, considering it's pulling a rather more powerful spring, that surely says something about the rest of the internals. It also sounded far nicer and had a far greater rate of fire than my old JG SVD.

With regards to finish, it depends on your preferance - God forbid JG release a classic (wood effect grip) AK with there current type of finish - It's far too shiny for that, but on the tactical, I feel the shiny finish gives a nicer contrast with the black grips - And I would take that over the CYMA AK finish, personally.

Both are great guns though :)

Edited by Slash'

they are nice guns, im upgrading the hell out of mine though, internally and externally. they perform alright but i just want a bit better rof. also i don't trust the plastic furniture with the amount of abuse i put my guns through.

they seem very good for beginner guns as well, but are great as project guns

I love the freedom these new ACM WWII guns give you as far as modding and personalizing! I would never 'weather' or 'distress' my TM Thompson the way I have this new CYMA M1A1, or the AGM MP0. Its great when you only pay a fraction of the cost the higher-end guns run.  ;)

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Alv...o/M1A1MP402.png[/]

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Alv...YMAM1A1Aft2.png[/]

Guiness, please give me your weathing techniques, im going to get a wood kit for my TM thompson, and want to get THAT look.

cheers

:pirate:

Guiness, please give me your weathing techniques, im going to get a wood kit for my TM thompson, and want to get THAT look.

cheers

:pirate:

Lol, :P

It just so happens that I spent all day taking pictures to write a 'how-to-weather' article.

Here are a couple of pics til I get done posting the article :D

CYMAandTMM1A1s1_Sml.png

CYMA Thompson after weathering and TM M1A1 with CAW wood kit in original condition.

OfftheBench2_Med.png

On the garage floor after linseed oil application.

VeteranArsenal1_Med.png

TM M1A1 and Marushin M1 and M2 Carbines after 'weathering' treatment