FN Picture Thread

Thanks mate, gonna have a go at wiring a MOSFET into mine I think - if that mega MOSFET will fit inside a SCAR receiver then a simple AB MOSFET should too!

Go for it. A couple of things I'll caution you about if you want to place it between the bolt assembly and outer barrel.

1. The fake bolt has these flutes in the bottom. Depending your MOSFET layout, you may need to cover those up to prevent you MOSFET from getting caught in the flutes and breaking when you rack the charging handle back.

2. The fake bolt also has a semi-useless (as in not 100% necessary) guide extension on the lower front. You may want to cut that off for the same reason, depending on how far forward and how big your MOSFET is.

Both of those things kind of depend on the size, shape, and placement of your MOSFET. So you may not need to worry about either of them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of photos coming -

King Arms FAL Para -

fal-01.jpg

fal-02.jpg

fal-03.jpg

fal-05.jpg

fal-06.jpg

fal-07.jpg

I've cut down the outer barrel to accommodate the new muzzle device I put on it. In case you're interested - Metric FAL muzzle devices appear to be 14x1mm counter clockwise threads, so it popped right on. I also plan on shortening the stock a bit.

Edited by Castle Bravo

Castle - since you own both let me ask you about the difference on the KA FAL and the Star FNC.

I love my STAR and it has to be one of the best constructed airsoft guns ever - I have used it to butt smack a new hole in a wall before becuase it is so sturdy. My friend just got the KA Galil SAR - and it just doesn't have that indestructable feel that the FNC has. Does the FAL feel as sturdy as the FNC?

Castle - since you own both let me ask you about the difference on the KA FAL and the Star FNC.

I love my STAR and it has to be one of the best constructed airsoft guns ever - I have used it to butt smack a new hole in a wall before becuase it is so sturdy. My friend just got the KA Galil SAR - and it just doesn't have that indestructable feel that the FNC has. Does the FAL feel as sturdy as the FNC?

I think in some ways, the KA FAL is more sturdy feeling than the Star FNC is - The folding stock lockup on the FAL is a bit tighter, and the handguards don't move around as much, although they do move a bit. Both are seemingly sturdy guns.

CB, your children I must have.

Your FAL makes my shorts gooey and warm.

Horse, I'm about to inherit said Galil, you're making me nervous. But between handling it, and your FNC, I feel they're compareable.

Yo're biased because you've had it for so long. I do agre the STAR is pretty frickin' solid.

:rolleyes:

I thought we already went over this; I am still un-decided on the optic. Find me a replica Nightforce NXS or an Elcan specter and I'll think about it. Until then...... The MK.IV CQ/T stays. If someone has a Scar-H with a replica M3 and would take pictures that would be great as well. I just don't know how well a large, magnifying rifle scope will look.

VFC SCAR-L: You know you want one. Yes, that is a real EOTech, and yes, that is a MIAD on there. I am pretty sure I'm the first one to actually do that. Took me close to forever to find the damn screws I needed to attach it. :D

+++VFC SCAR-L+++

Externals:

-EoTech 553 Holosight

-G&P PEQII

-Magpul Magazine Pulls

-Magpul Rail Covers

-Ergo Grip SWIFT Pressure Switch Holder

-Daniel Defense Rail Attached Sling Mount

-Gear Sector 2-point Carbine Sling, with Stock adapter and auxilary adapter

-Magpul PTS MIAD

CQC Add-ons:

-Private Parts AAC Silencer Set

-TangoDown foregrip

Internals:

-Totally Stock

-Shoots Consistent 340 FPS

Other Junk:

-Pelican 1750 Case to haul it all

Wishes and Whatnot:

-Magpul PMAG Midcaps (dark earth, of course)

-functional AN/PEQ-15 (perhaps a real one if I could find it?)

-Trijicon ACOG TA01ECOS for the 14.5 inch setup *drools*

p1100578.jpg

p1100588.jpg

p1100608.jpg

p1100657.jpg

p1100668.jpg

p1100579.jpg

Edited by Mainspire