Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me if this is correct;

A real steel grip safety will fit on a TM1911 (as long as its made for single stack)

A real steel hammer will not fit on a TM.

Real steel grips will fit.

A slide made for the hi-capa will fit the 1911. (and i assume then vice-versa)

a trigger made for the hi capa will not fit a 1911

a trigger made for a real steel 1911 will not fit the TM.

Okay i think thats all, i just wanted to know what my options were.

thanks in advance.

Please tell me if this is correct;

A real steel grip safety will fit on a TM1911 (as long as its made for single stack)

An RS grip saftey can only be fit with extensive custom work. It usually won't actually function even then.

A real steel hammer will not fit on a TM.

I have never heard a report of someone doing this and I don't think it would work.

Real steel grips will fit.

In my experience Pachmayrs and stock Delta Elite grips work. I haven't tried others but I ahve heard that most others do.

A slide made for the hi-capa will fit the 1911. (and i assume then vice-versa)

The slide will fit physically but sometimes won't function without a TK slide spacer. I believe that hkssr20det ran a 1911 slide on a Hi-Capa without any issues some time ago.

a trigger made for the hi capa will not fit a 1911

The triggers are pretty much interchangeable between Hi-Capa's and 1911's. Some fitting may be required though.

a trigger made for a real steel 1911 will not fit the TM.

I have never seen evidence of this being tried. I believe that ViciousV10's had a RS trigger on one of his WA Kimber projects though.

Okay i think thats all, i just wanted to know what my options were.

thanks in advance.

Hope this helps.

awesome Romulus thanks man. :)

I had a quick look at your Delta Elite and i see you managed to get a RS grip safety in that frame - was it a real *badgeress*?

cos i have the same frame and its that one that i wish to put a new grip safety in and the ones made for airsoft are expensive.

oh there was one other that i did forget;

A hammer made for the hi-capa wont fit a 1911. (i dont think so anyways)

Thanks again.

Hkssr20det was actually the one who fitted the RS grip safety on my Delta (he had done it to his Delta previously so I figured he had more experience mucking about with it). The hard part of fitting it was that he had to remove a supporting part of the frame. He also had to do a ton of filing (which is a pain with good stainless) on the back of the GS in order to let the hammer strut move correctly. Also, the way it was fitted it is non-functioning (not a problem for me) but for some that could be a major downside.

As far as price goes the RS grip safety was $45 from Wilson Combat. Unless you were to fit it yourself there would be no savings verses buying a Prime/Boomarms one. The reason I had an RS grip safety fitted was because it was the only beavertail option at the time (this was before the Prime bits came out).

What I'm trying to say is that you would probably be better off shelling out the cash to buy a part actually made for a TM 1911.

A hammer made for the hi-capa wont fit a 1911. (i dont think so anyways)

Hi-Capa hammers are actually interchangeable with 1911's (sometimes there's a touch of fitting involved) as long the hammer works with the grip safety (i.e. a Hi-Capa hammer won't fit with a standard A1 grip safety since it doesn't have room to fully cock). A good example is the Ring hammer on my Delta. It was made for a TM Hi-Capa but fit fine on my 1911 after I had made room for it by installing a beavertail.

Hope all that made sense.

ah, cool. thanks a lot.

i guess ill just get an airsoft grip safety.

- there are some beaver tails for sale at Redwolf. i think ill order one.

Thats interesting about the hammer for a hi-capa fitting in because ive been looking for a ring hammer like the one on yours but everywhere seems out of stock for the 1911.

Again thanks heaps. hopefully sometime soon i can post some pics up when its all done.

where do they carry the Prime beavertail and is it made to fit a stock TM or specific body kit?

I'm not sure if the Prime Beavertail will fit a stock government body without work. I have only seen people use them on fully upgraded guns.

ah, cool. thanks a lot.

i guess ill just get an airsoft grip safety.

- there are some beaver tails for sale at Redwolf. i think ill order one.

Thats interesting about the hammer for a hi-capa fitting in because ive been looking for a ring hammer like the one on yours but everywhere seems out of stock for the 1911.

Again thanks heaps. hopefully sometime soon i can post some pics up when its all done.

Just to qualify my earlier statement I have not seen a Prime Beavertail on a stock 1911 yet so you should keep that in mind when ordering. I may have to buy one at some point and do some testing.

does the outer barrel+chamber of a hi-capa 5.1 fit the 1911?

I have run my 1911 with a stock Hi-Capa outer barrel before which leads me to believe that any Hi-Capa barrel should work.

Here's a shot just to show what I'm talking about.

barrelproofshotxi6.jpg

Yup. Nine Ball units for the Hi Capa.

The slide stop is a drop in fit, but the 1911 follower won't actuate it (ie the slide no longer locks on empty).

The thumb safety does require some fitting to clear the cuts on the slide, but does actuate and still act as a safety.

hi all hoping you can help me with this simple question ( more to follow no doubt) i have my self a guarder MBK and after a long search i found a pro-win rear sight again for the tm i just want to know how the heck do you get the rear sight in ! lol

thanks ,

john

hi all hoping you can help me with this simple question ( more to follow no doubt) i have my self a guarder MBK and after a long search i found a pro-win rear sight again for the tm i just want to know how the heck do you get the rear sight in ! lol

thanks ,

john

Glad the stuff arrived John.

Its pretty tricky to get the rear sight in Im afraid.

You have to try to put it in at an angle (right side first I think) and you put it in from the inside of the slide. This means you have to remove the internals.

To be honest I actually never managed myself! I gave up after half an hour of messing around.

If you look through this thread I think it has been asked before but there isn't any greatly detailed answers Im afraid.

Hopefully someone can help more.

Good luck.

Archived