Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might get one of these. especially if its mroe reliable than the G&G one. one of my team mates has one, and so far every time hes used it, it jas broken. its been fixed 4 or 5 times by a proper gunsmith, and everytime it breaks.

for 60 quid or whatever it is, i reckon im in on this. shame they dont do the carbine version.

Just to let you all know I put a lot more rounds through it this morning before going to work she has now clocked over 12,000 rounds and still going strong. I haven't lubricated it either so she is just running on out of the box specs.

I can't believe, given that FarEast has made everyone totally aware of the situation in his private life, that people are continuing to be so impatient, and quite frankly rude, with their requests about this.

If it was me I'd have no hesitation in telling the members in question to *fruitcage* off, but FarEast is obviously far more tolerant of the ignorant.

I for one am very grateful that he's actually finding any time at all at the moment to be doing this. Some of you need to reflect on your attitude and if at all possible put yourself in his place. Maybe then you will find some manners!

hehe, you really are "Angry". But you're right. I just read the whole thread from the beginning at its all been "FarEast, can you tell us the FPS...FarEast, how well does it shoot...FarEast..blah..blah."

you know before I watched the clip I've always thought FarEast was a Japanese woman because of his avatar. lol, but from seeing his manly and hairy (no offense, I have hairy arms too) arms, I knew it wasn't so.

But the blowback is impressive. The whole gun literally shakes. Wonder how it feels to shoulder it. ;D

WOW £60 im sold on one, and the money you save you can go buy heaps of hi caps.

Early A1s did not have the mag catch guard it was sorted after a few months, also the other ###### thing about the ealy A1 was if you dropped it, it would fire :o:flamed:.

Even if this gun burns out after 100,000 BBs would be a good £60 if you can replace the internals with better parts then even better.

*drool* I have to decide between this and all the new guns comming out of Japan!!! I'm torn!!!

If the QC from Army turns out to be anything remotely good, then this might be my first buy... Otherwise, my money goes towards the Japan economy.

Arggghhh!!!! I wish this were out already! I must know what kinks there are in the QC!!!

cool, just got linked from the rsov website to here, ive personally shot and fired the 2 types of l85's out there, the a1 and a2, the army one definately looks more like the real one although to me the furniture (handgrip etc) looks alittle dark to me. The real l85's ive handled have a slightly lighter tone to them and the main body is a very close colour as well to the real one.

VERY GOOD review by the way. :D

thanks

shifty (jackl) :mellow:

Fareast, you convinced me. As soon as i read the review I popped my name on the preorder list. Hopefully I'll have better luck with customs than my previous orders from keith (not his fault, parcel force are swine).

One quick question, I know you're a busy guy, this may just be me being thick but in the photo of the lower half of the GB are the bushings ball bearing ones? There seem to be "dots" around the outside of the bushings. Just wondering if it was army showing some real initiative or just my eyes seeing what they want to.

One for everyone else, am I the only person remotely pleased that this is firing 280ish out of the box? Fps isnt everything and surely a harder spring and more force would result in a far shorter life of the GB due to the blowback effect? Could this be the fundamental difference between this and its parent (g+g?) that's caused it to neither misfire nor jam after 12,000 rounds? Just going back to the Fps issue quickly, due to the length of the barrel and the fact that the hop can be directly replaced with a (cant remember the brand) higher performance metal hop unit, range could be just as far as a 330fps gun whilst still retaining the high ROF and the durability. I know there are a lot of conflicting idea on Fps and performance but I'm tempted to side with a longer (and tightbore) barrel and a decent hop over Fps most of the time.

Now just to wait for the 17th of June...

alimcd, metal hop up units are not always better for your AEG, it depends heavily on the fit and finish of the product. Take for example, the systema metal one-piece hop up unit for the m4/m16 series. It's a very well built product and is a good buy, while I've heard from a friend who is a tech say that the G&P Metal AUG hop unit's made a gun lose ~30 FPS! plastic hop up units really work just fine (esp. TM ones) while other hop units may suffer in performance not because they're plastic, but b/c they're not well made.