Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From AirsoftWorld...

UPDATE 02/07: To cut a long story short, we rcvd an email this morning from Army saying that our L85's were not sent on Friday due to further QA issues...

...The estimated delivery time for the FIRST 100 units is now middle to late August, the second shipment will be in September....

...Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience, we will however keep you informed of any updates as soon as we can.

I've only just noticed it but, *albartroth*... I know its not their fault but its irritating when you've paid for one. And eagerly awaiting it! :angry:

Edit - Interesting that the factory aren't sending any out because they are apparently no good, but RSOV have theirs (at least some of them)?? Could anyone shed any light on this, as I've been out of the loop for 2 weeks!

Edited by nickberry66
From AirsoftWorld...

I've only just noticed it but, *albartroth*... I know its not their fault but its irritating when you've paid for one. And eagerly awaiting it!  :angry:

Edit - Interesting that the factory aren't sending any out because they are apparently no good, but RSOV have theirs (at least some of them)?? Could anyone shed any light on this, as I've been out of the loop for 2 weeks!

Ah damnit. June... July... August... :/ i was really looking forward to this but this is starting to dampen my enthusiasm.

Our test version didn't show any signs of problems, it is going down to Airsoft International for a full strip down review. Like Far East we didn't have any problems with the blow back unit either. Occasionally it'd lock on single shot but I suppose this is to do with the extra resistance of the blowback unit.

Our shipment is leaving today and will be in the UK at some point next week. Not sure about any of the reported reasons for the delays. We had the same factory delays but no specific reasons.

I've just got my tracking number from keith.

mines on the way, its leaving Hong Kong tomorrow  :) should be here wednesday or thursday :) :) :)

I got my tracking number & confirmation earlier today,to say i hopped around with joy is an understatement.My wife is please as well because now i'll stop waffling on about the R85!

Is it not entirely possible that the QC issues haven't affected every single unit?

They might have done a run and found that they only have half a run worth of sellable stock, RSOV might have ordered their's before AW/AH did so they're getting their's now and AW/AH have to wait for the next run.

Note: This is entirely speculative, I don't have any source on that.

I think it could be the suppling factories promising everyone & anyone they would get early deliveries to recieve orders.If the retailers are already in China they are liable to have closer contacts than UK retailers.Action hobbies have good relationships with the Chinese so they may be high up if not top of the list for UK retailers to get their orders quickly.It seems to be a case of retailers passing on information they have been told by the factories but i don't think Keith has gotten his full order & is supplying what he has to those on the preorder list.

Edited by rolling-thunder

Hello people!

I spoke to Scott at LWA on Friday and he said that hopefully (and he did stress the 'hopefully' bit!!) that our friends across the water would be shipping sometime this week!!

I am so excited as I have had this on order since it was reviewed here!

I must say Land Warrior Airsoft have been the best retailer to date that I have ever dealt with, the are honest and thorough and give no BS!!

Thank you Scott - I am looking foreward to getting my R85 and trading with you again.

Hello people!

I spoke to Scott at LWA on Friday and he said that hopefully (and he did stress the 'hopefully' bit!!) that our friends across the water would be shipping sometime this week!!

I am so excited as I have had this on order since it was reviewed here!

I must say Land Warrior Airsoft have been the best retailer to date that I have ever dealt with, the are honest and thorough and give no BS!!

Thank you Scott - I am looking foreward to getting my R85 and trading with you again.

I second that motion. LWA have been the best retailier i've ever dealt with. Amazing comms from Scott, always replys quick and has been honest the whole time. I look forward to dealing with them again :D

OK Gents - I have an update from LWA, I received the following email this morning:

Dear Foggy,

We have received notification from our distributor in the airsoft lands far far away :o) our shipment of Army R85's has just been packed up (we've seen photo's) and should leave within a day or two.

What that means for you, the customer, is that you'll be the first in the UK to have the Army R85. We hope that we can get these in the middle of next week but there is a chance that it could be as late as Friday. It really depends on how quickly customs clear the shipment.

Payment will only be taken at the moment we ship your rifle. If for any reason the payment fails we will contact you either by phone or email. If we do not hear anything within 48 hours we will automatically cancel the rifle for you.

If you have any queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Scott

Word on the grape vine is that RSOV got the first major order in... when the problems with the design cropped up they stopped production to change the parts in the already assembled guns then restarted - hence RSOV's stuff is comming out first.

I dont mind waiting... the battery has been changed since far-east's post, the blowback bolt has been increased in thicknesss to add weight and strength, the reciever has been channeled to stop the bolt grinding out and the pin on the mag released extended....

all in all it should be alot better gun for the money now :rolleyes:

hopefully this means no mag mods are needed...

as for the ones ive seen people skirmish this weekend with there are 4 faults that they have all mentioned

The pin that you can adjust in the front sight falls out (unconfirmed)

The plastic cover at the rear is too long and needs to be trimmed or gets caught when you pul the bolt fully back (as said by flanker tanker)

If the boltr isnt fully forward when you press the spring release inside the mag well the spring gets forked...

And one about bad wiring.... unspecific.... :wide-eyed:

Ok, had a tinker with my one.

1) Metal nozzle may prove to be a problem with "softer" bb brands, deforming or even shattering bbs in the chamber.

2) Sexah.

3) Blowback is nice.

4) gas tube is nice.

5) Cocking handle is a weak point in the design, but is purely cosmetic.

6) Fits all the Armaliet mags I can find.