Tokyo Marui: Detonics .45 Combat Master

realsteel

http://airsoft-news.eu/news.php

"Tokyo Marui's webpage is updated with the section, dedicated to GBB replica of Detonics .45 Combat Master. They adopted so called "D-Type piston cup" which enhances recoil. Also, magazine is single stack, which explains rather low capacity (18+1)."

Tokyo Marui link http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/02/d...cs45/index.html

01.jpg

02a.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention: PGC, Prime, SD and all other metal bits manufacturers.....

You are hearby notified to begin accessory production- slides, frames, and upgrades.

...and have those ready NLT two weeks after TM releases the gun and ships to retailers.

That is all.... ;)

Slainte!

-G

Ooo!  Awesome.

Is it me or does this thing look better the more you look at it?

It's you....

Cheers.

You think ChrisNorthInger looks better the more you look at him? :P

I don't know, I can see how you'd hate the look of the thing, and I probably won't be buying one. But they do have a certain little appeal to them.

the original design probably assumed that since it was for CCW that if the sight radius was closer it would translate into faster line up time thus making the user response time faster. (although in the long run less accurate in longer distances)

personally I like things like the Colt Defender a bit more (I think the barrel length is a tiny bit longer yet a similarly sized package from what I can tell)

regarding the rear sights being too far forward....Detonics puts the rear sights forward because they there is a cut out on the frame behind the sights. The reason for the frame being dished out behind the rear sight is to facilitate hammer down carry and thumb cocking the first shot. What is referred to as Condition 2 Carry.

Condition 1 Carry.....full magazine, empty chamber, hammer down.

Condition 2 Carry.....full magazine, round in chamber, hammer down.

Condition 3 Carry.....full magazine, round chambered, hammer cocked and locked.

It' just a funky design unique to Detonics, the guy who designed it back in the late 70s early 80s prefered Condition 2 Carry.

Archived