ECHO1USA: Minigun

junior

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o !!!

Oohh man... if they can make this thing available for $500 or less than they can count on me buying one for sure! :D

I'm still in need of a good support weapon and a Minigun would beat the pants off a M249 or M60. Somehow I'm doubting that it will be less than $1,000, but we'll see... Echo1 has become known for very low prices so we'll see how this pans out. ^_^

Hm. Don't know how I feel about this one. It would be a great idea for mounting on the back of a truck for the huge-style games, I just fear the SAW-crazy idiots who would have three of these on their team. Personally i'm holding out untill one of these clone companies hoarks out a Tanaka 870 clone.

...I just fear the SAW-crazy idiots who would have three of these on their team.

I'm scared that holding a minigun will also encourage the person to hold down the trigger. 400fps and diminished inclination for trigger control makes for a bad combination in my book.

I did not expect this also.. WOW... I'll only but it if its in the $200-300 range... yes, I expect too much... :unsure: considering the m249 was already $350ish.

I find no use for this at all except shredding boxes (my own special skillz).. and it'd be costly for the bbs... I think a M60 would be nicer... this would be a great stress reliever...

Hey, I went to poweredge last week and saw two miniguns hanging from the ceiling which I've never seen them have before.. Shinden! Was that one of them? Is it possible Poweredge somehow got the first batch?

clone of the Creation one? :huh:

Now that would burst alot of bubbles. :(

IIRC, the Creation one is a clone of the Toytec one. Either way, until we see a video of it firing from a magazine like the Creation one or even a listing on a retailers site, we don't know for sure.

Even though I ordered my P3 minigun back in August (to be delivered in December), I am secretly hoping it is a clone of their design.

I don't see people running around with P3 mini-guns due to the cost,

However this is by far not the first "mass produced mini-gun" one was released by Creation, again price being the limiting factor, but then there are the Asahi mini-guns that are no more expensive than Ino M60s, if you can find them.

I wouldn't worry about these coming out on the fields, most the people I see buying these are either doing it simply for fun, or most likely would ditch it due to weight and the lack of maneuverability of the thing. The other group that would covet it I don't see buying it because even if it is plastic, the gun would still be bigger and heavier than they are.

But Echo 1 only rebrands stuff, they don't produce anything themselves, right?

So this could be the P3 or the Creation, just rebranded and hopefully cheaper.

Read my last post :D Echo1 is codeveloping the product.

I wouldn't fear about Noobs with this, i mean theres so limited movement you can do with this on the field.. they'll just end up getting PWNed by M4s all around them..

I don't see people running around with P3 mini-guns due to the cost

Very True. I can vouch for the extreme expense.

I wouldn't worry about these coming out on the fields, most the people I see buying these are either doing it simply for fun, or most likely would ditch it due to weight and the lack of maneuverability of the thing. The other group that would covet it I don't see buying it because even if it is plastic, the gun would still be bigger and heavier than they are.

Depending on price, I'm sure these will sell well. The Gee Wiz factor alone will make people buy them assuming they have the disposable cash, even if it will only be used for shredding boxes. Pipers minigun is 37" long, so if this thing is close to that size (looks like it) but half the weight it is feasible to see a bunch of these at skirmish sites. 37" is long, but thats shorter than a full size FAL, a SVD Dragunov. A bit unweildy, but balance it with a good sling, and a light weight minigun might actually be comfortable to carry. My G36K with all the trimmings weighs 14 pounds, and after a 8hr skirm I feel it.

Keep in mind the P3 only holds 3000 or so (If memory serves) BBs and fire at several thousand rounds per minute, so you won't be able to fire all that long. IIRC there is one member here, minisupport I think his name is, that uses a Piper's for a support role, and ammo was one of the problems. You can hook up external feeds though, I think.

ZOMG! Cud thiz be Darklite's secret?! :P

Seems too weird to be true, if you ask me. But let's see...

Hey, I went to poweredge last week and saw two miniguns hanging from the ceiling which I've never seen them have before.. Shinden! Was that one of them? Is it possible Poweredge somehow got the first batch?

No, Poweredge has had those for quite a while. At least 3 years that I know of. They used to be on top of the knife case, but with the rearranging of the shop probably had to be moved.

I am not sure if that is a smart move by echo 1 because I think it would be smarter of they made a decent SAW or m60.

Actually, I think this is a really smart move. There are already several makers of both the M60 and SAWs. However, there isn't a single manufacturer selling the minigun at a semi affordable price range (assuming that the Echo1 version will at least be half the price of the P3). The basic package for the P3 minigun is $5,500.00. If Echo1 can make their version and sell them for less than $1,200 they'll have people buying them. If they can get the price below $1,000 sales will be very strong.

I don't doubt that these will be difficult to make and even though they'll be mostly plastic, still reasonably expensive. At the same time Echo1 have to consider the fact that they'll be competing with other AEG manufacturers who make heavy weaponry (like 249s and other support weapons) which are all metal and high quality. In order for them to stay competitive and keep sales strong they'll have to at least try and match the G&P M249 price tag of $800 +/-. Otherwise, the Echo1 minigun will still be perceived as a "cheaper than the P3, but still expensive novelty AEG".

Would love to see a pair of these installed on stationary post, like at a bunker/fort on top of a hill, or on the top of a Humvee.

Archived