Post pics of your Belt Kits

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got my 1st line/belt kit in a stable setup. From left to right:   Emdom-MM CM Belt AustriAlpin Cobra Buckle HSGI Double Decker Taco (x2) TT Grenade Pouch TT Dump Pouch Leatherman MUT P

Thread resurrection ? My current belt kit is a bit of a mixed bag. Emerson clone belt- Left to right ESSTAC KYWI 2+1 Osprey Sharpshooter pouch Osprey AP pouch (modified) BFG Medium utility Ospre

Still trying to figure out a way how to set up my belt.  

Posted Images

This works well for me:

IMG_5425.jpg

WAS Belt

Zulu mag pouches

Maxpedition Rollypoly

WAS utility pouch, small

I started off with the WAS belt, then went to an HSGI SGPB, then one of Bozzer's new Lite belts...now back to the WAS belt.

Still looking for the perfect base belt and the last 36 pages have given me some great pointers, so thanks to all! :)

I understand its not an impression, but you can atleast think of it from a logical, practical standpoint. And that not logical nor practical in any way I can see. Unless you are 100% ambidextrous I cant see that working very well.

Why not move all the mags to one side and put the dump pouch behind the mags and utility pouch behind that? That would make much more sence. Why not get a lower profile chest rig if you want to carry that many mags? LIke a 10 speed chest rig. They make cheaper ones that could hold 4 mags im sure.(Remember, practical/Logical thinking. Being logical with gear dosent mean you have to be a geardo)

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Logical and practical for who - you or me? :)

This works well for me

Thanks for your suggestions though - I really appreciate them and you've certainly made me challenge my decisions. I've been through quite a bit of kit and configurations and what I have here fits my constraints best...so far.

That's not to say I won't experiment further though - and I've seen some great ideas in this thread :)

I understand its not an impression, but you can atleast think of it from a logical, practical standpoint. And that not logical nor practical in any way I can see. Unless you are 100% ambidextrous I cant see that working very well.

Why not think about the fact he's tried various different configurations already and settled on that one his own reasons?

Try actually having a proper look at that setup. By the time he's put both of those double pouches next to each other the very rear pair of magazines are going to be somewhere around near his spine, how is that practical for reloads? The vast majority of people that use chest rigs, PCs and vests run their magazine pouches right across the front exactly as House has done there, works fine for all those people. Back in the days of ALICE and PLCE that's exactly how everyone used to carry their magazines, worked fine then as well.

The vast majority of people that use chest rigs, PCs and vests run their magazine pouches right across the front exactly as House has done there, works fine for all those people.

That's a very incisive point and something I probably should have pointed out myself. I've moved from years of using chest rigs, to belt only setup.

. Back in the days of ALICE and PLCE that's exactly how everyone used to carry their magazines, worked fine then as well.

True, the Russian's use both chest rigs and the SMERSH webbing, I guess horses for courses and personal preferance. As already said "in game" not too hard to switch mags to your prefered side.

You and I must think on similar wavelengths Wingmann.

Here are my two MC belt setups as they currently stand:

P1020794.jpg

Medium Speed

• ATS Warbelt
  • ATS Warbelt Insert
  • SOC-Cs
  • 2 x OPS Pistol Mag Pouches
  • TAG Roll-Up Dump Pouch
  • G-Code RTI MOLLE Adapter
  • Blackhawk 1911 SERPA w/ RTI Hanger

Considering the price the Warbelt (& insert) really are very comfortable and well built items. The flexibility really makes it all very easy to wear all day, though the on the flip side the lack of rigidity can mean that a high-mounted holster can leave your pistol hanging on a slant. Some kind of drop-hip holster mount (can be MOLLE or belt mounted) solves that problem nicely though.

P1020798.jpg

Higher Speed

• VTAC 'Brokos' Battle Belt
  • Warrior 2" Duty Belt
  • SOC-Cs
  • 2 x HSGI Pistol TACOs
  • Emdom-MM Dump Pouch
  • G-Code RTI Kydex Belt Slide
  • G-Code 1911 OSH w/ Multicam Finish & RTI Hanger

This lot was an absolute nightmare to put together, it's pretty solid now but *fruitcage* me a lot of issues cropped up along the way. The Warrior belt itself is absolutely bomb proof which is excellent for the price, and the combination of the extremely rigid duty belt with the stiffened Brokos means you can hang absolutely anything off here and you'll never ever experience any sagging or bending. On the other hand I will definitely be going for a slightly more flexible inner belt next time. Probably something with a Cobra buckle and a nice low profile adjustment system, because trying to fold a super thick 2" belt that's brand new is the kind of annoyance I would not wish upon even my worst enemies.

Also, combining the facts that I find the belt mount for the pistol more solid, the Emdom went far better when directly on to the belt, and the MALICE clips were putting so much tension on the PALS that they were yanking the stitching out, the Brokos is essentially a $100 belt pad right now. A very pretty $100 belt pad, but a pad none-the-less. Since the TACOs aren't 100% fixed in their position when put straight on to the inner belt I'll be swapping those out for a double Ten Speed that can just go right on to the MOLLE.

As for the RTI stuff, I'm absolutely loving it. So much lower profile than the SERPA QD system, fast, secure and works with just about anything you'd want it to which is an enormous bonus. The G-Code holsters themselves can be bought with or without the hangers, adding a hanger on is both simple and painless since the website stocks not only a wide range of mounts/hangers but every single kind of screw you might need as well. Also, if you already have any SERPA or Safariland holsters you can buy hangers which work with those; meaning you can save money, you can stick to the holster designs that work for you and carry on using the holsters you know will comfortably fit your current your pistols.

Everyone likes a close-up right?

P1020802.jpg

P1020806.jpg

Very nice pair indeed!

I opted for a belt without suspenders for the thigh holster because the belt is laying on my hips and the thigh straps keep it from moving up, making it quite solid.

If you have noticed, I modified the Safariland pad to accept the BladeTech holster for the 1911.

Wavelenghts match indeed :). I've been watching the G-code holsters for a while now, for my 226. Unfortunately they haven't answered my question about if the holster would fit a railed 226 so the purchase is still on hold. I planed to use the mid-drop belt hanger I have from the BladeTech with the G-code.

• ATS Warbelt...

...Considering the price the Warbelt (& insert) really are very comfortable and well built items. The flexibility really makes it all very easy to wear all day, though the on the flip side the lack of rigidity can mean that a high-mounted holster can leave your pistol hanging on a slant.

This was on my list to try - was going to add it to a recent SKD order. I've had super-rigid before (HSGI SGPB with HSGI Cobra belt) and it really didn't work for me. I think this is a definite contender after what you've written and for $40 it's almost disposable.

• VTAC 'Brokos' Battle Belt
  • Emdom-MM Dump Pouch

...the Brokos is essentially a $100 belt pad right now. A very pretty $100 belt pad, but a pad none-the-less.

Again, the VTAC was on my to do list - but all I really want is a belt pad, so I guess it's pointless paying the extra over the ATS Warbelt.

Question: How are you getting on with the Emdom dumper? I had one and I found it incredibly bouncy (or, rather, the mags were bouncy in it), so I went back to the Maxpedition RollyPoly (again - I've owned four so far!)

The only other belts I'm looking at are the ICE Tactical one - though I'm loath to commit waiting time to them - and Blue Force Gear's SOC-C belt.

Edited by The Reptile House

Also, combining the facts that I find the belt mount for the pistol more solid, the Emdom went far better when directly on to the belt, and the MALICE clips were putting so much tension on the PALS that they were yanking the stitching out, the Brokos is essentially a $100 belt pad right now. A very pretty $100 belt pad, but a pad none-the-less. Since the TACOs aren't 100% fixed in their position when put straight on to the inner belt I'll be swapping those out for a double Ten Speed that can just go right on to the MOLLE.

Can you clarify this at all? Do you mean the Brokos can't deal with Malice clips generally, or just with TACOs?

Question: How are you getting on with the Emdom dumper? I had one and I found it incredibly bouncy (or, rather, the mags were bouncy in it), so I went back to the Maxpedition RollyPoly (again - I've owned four so far!)

Just to stick my oar in - I'm running a ATS warbelt with the EMDOM dumper. No problems at all. I've found it bounces less than my old roly poly due to the stiffener on it, and mags are less likely to come out due to the half cover. That's running it at about the eight o'clock on my belt line. Only good for around 6 M4 mags though - you can probably get more in if you neatly arrange them, but who does that?

Just to stick my oar in - I'm running a ATS warbelt with the EMDOM dumper. No problems at all. I've found it bounces less than my old roly poly due to the stiffener on it, and mags are less likely to come out due to the half cover. That's running it at about the eight o'clock on my belt line. Only good for around 6 M4 mags though - you can probably get more in if you neatly arrange them, but who does that?

That's great intel - thanks! Maybe that means the belt I was using at the time was letting the Emdom dumper down. I'm liking the ATS more and more.

Which inner belt do you use, mate?

How do you find the VTAC belt. I've been looking at getting rid of my ICE tactical belt and suspenders to get one.

It's certainly good from the design side. Apart from the Hardpoint Cingulum ( http://www.hrdpnt.com/Detail.aspx?ID=54 ) it's the only MOLLE belt I know of that gives you the option to mount non-MOLLE items directly in-line with the inner belt. The suspender attachments are in the right place, it's well contoured and it's got plenty of airtex mesh on the inside and the materials themselves are beyond doubt, unfortunately I'm not 100% convinced by the quality of the stitching and I'm not the only person to voice concerns in this area. It's not 'bad', far from it, I'd just expect a bit better from a $100+ belt.

If you have noticed, I modified the Safariland pad to accept the BladeTech holster for the 1911.

I thought something about the holster looked a bit different, nice work. With regards the Sig, have you tried asking on their facebook page? That's a good place for answers, even if G-Code don't get back to you then there's a lot of people browsing there who know a lot about the gear.

I like the aesthetics and the design of the stiffened portion that stops it swaying about (as with standard type roll-ups like my tag) but I'd have preferred a standard type drawstring baffle myself. Also the bloody press stud keeps digging in to the back of my hand because of the muscle memory I've picked up from using other types of pouch, so the jury's still out on this to be honest.

I was literally in the process of typing out my suggestion r.e. the TT belt and noticed you'd got in there before me, heh.

Can you clarify this at all? Do you mean the Brokos can't deal with Malice clips generally, or just with TACOs?

Knowing what TACOs are like, I'd say it's probably more down to the pouches than the clips. On the other hand my BULLE copy of the 2-piece MAV copes with pistol TACOs just fine, so that doesn't say great things about the stitching on the Brokos.

Apart from the Hardpoint Cingulum ( http://www.hrdpnt.com/Detail.aspx?ID=54 ) it's the only MOLLE belt I know of that gives you the option to mount non-MOLLE items directly in-line with the inner belt.

Oh - good call. I'd not seem that one.

I like the aesthetics and the design of the stiffened portion that stops it swaying about

I always found it difficult to pack, because of the stiffener (I only have limited space), which is another reason I had to let it go ;). May try it again after Hatchet's comments, though.

Knowing what TACOs are like, I'd say it's probably more down to the pouches than the clips. On the other hand my BULLE copy of the 2-piece MAV copes with pistol TACOs just fine, so that doesn't say great things about the stitching on the Brokos.

I tried out one of the X2R Tacos on my HSGI belt and although it was challenging to thread, the belt's stitching held up just fine - despite the unreasonable abuse I gave it with needle nosed pliers etc!

Edited by The Reptile House

I'm using an EMDOM inner belt, whch I put an AustriAlpin buckle on. I would think any sort of similar stiff inner belt would suffice. I've never used the press stud as the couple of times I have it's seemed to pop open pretty quickly, but I don't have any issues catching my hand on it. It may be because I'm wearing gloves or because the way I dump into it the palm of my hand would hit it, not the back of the hand.

For packing it to get to site I use a pilots bag which every sort of loadout in the world can be chucked into. Initially I had used a roly poly dump on my belt for the compactness, but you have to run with it open all the time anyway, so why not have a dedicated one with a proper stiffened opening? I've not used one of the drawsting "chalk bag" style dumps, so can't compare to them.

TT belt looks similar to a lot of the others (like my Bozzer Belt), the only downside to it is you have to put your subloads on exactly where they have them. I've got a belt mounted low ride UBL Safariland mounted on mine, and because of the ability to open the ATS right up I can still mount it on the belt and put it *exactly* where I want it. It may also be an issue if you use the Serpa type drop legs (split straps on belt attachment) as opposed to the safariland single strap style.