The Unspoken Rules of Airsoft

Sabachthani

DON'T CLUSTER.

This is the number one rule that I find gets violated ALL THE TIME.

If you are in a group SPREAD THE *fruitcage* OUT AND DON'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALL TRY TO GET THROUGH A TIGHT SPOT IN ONE GO.

On the other hand, if you're on the other team, please continue to do so, It's must amusing.

That's what I was going to say.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting tagged by a Quiet kill when its obvious that its a Quiet kill It's OK to just stick your hand up and wave your hit (and drop back etc) rather than blatantly tell the rest of the team where they are (dead man talking thingymy) any one asks you've been hit...

I disagree with the whole "don't be afraid to get hit" thing. Why wouldn't you be afraid to get hit? It's a metaphorical death you'll be experiencing, and whether the fatality is real or not, nobody likes being reminded of their mortality.

Anyways. One unspoken rule. Always shave.

I disagree with the whole "don't be afraid to get hit" thing. Why wouldn't you be afraid to get hit? It's a metaphorical death you'll be experiencing, and whether the fatality is real or not, nobody likes being reminded of their mortality.

Well, I think it was meant as "Don't be a big girl's blouse and refuse to do anything useful because there is a chance you may get shot.".

If something has a possibility of you getting hit, but will achieve something useful - say, move a few people up to put some pressure on a flank - then you should do it, and not worry too much about being hit.

However, if you know that you'll get hit for certain with no useful ending then don't just waste your "life".

I've been in games before where newbies have refused to shift because of fear of being shot when they were far from the fighting.

I've also had some newbies who charge recklessly towards the enemies in a straight line yelling and screaming, who then get buried under a pile of bbs.

You want to strike a middle ground.

And shaving is generally good, unless you're going for that Merc look.

Well, I think it was meant as "Don't be a big girl's blouse and refuse to do anything useful because there is a chance you may get shot.".

If something has a possibility of you getting hit, but will achieve something useful - say, move a few people up to put some pressure on a flank - then you should do it, and not worry too much about being hit.

However, if you know that you'll get hit for certain with no useful ending then don't just waste your "life".

I've been in games before where newbies have refused to shift because of fear of being shot when they were far from the fighting.

I've also had some newbies who charge recklessly towards the enemies in a straight line yelling and screaming, who then get buried under a pile of bbs.

You want to strike a middle ground.

And shaving is generally good, unless you're going for that Merc look.

Lol. Shave for aerodynamics.

I would think...if a player were good enough, he could shoot a guy before he had the opportunity to be afraid of the bb B).

I would think...if a player were good enough, he could shoot a guy before he had the opportunity to be afraid of the bb B).

Me: "Watch this path, ok? I'm going further up to flank the enemy. If anyone comes up this path they'll be able to get me easily. So hide here and shot them if they try to get past."

Newbie: "Ok."

Five minutes later, walking back to the safe zone courtesy to a shot in the back, I find the same newbie in the same position, cowering.

Me: "What the hell happened?"

Newbie: "They had guns!"

-_-"

just because a kid has a better gun than you doesn't mean he's a spoiled kid.

Just because you get shot by a kid you dont need to cheat

I think that's something that needs to be remembered. A friend of mine just bought a STAR SCAR-L with EGLM, and he's in no way spoiled. He worked really hard rebuilding a classic Chevrolet Corvette and sold it to finance University, and with the stuff left over bought a Triumph TR4 and the gun. The Corvette he bought himself in the first place, fixed it up with his own time, money, blood, and sweat, and is now reaping the rewards. I'd laugh at anyone who thinks that's spoiled.

My first and foremost Unspoken Rule of Airsoft -

Always bring Coffee, Duct Tape, and WD-40. The Duct tape ((Or Gaffer's Tape, if you want to avoid sticky residue)) will stick anything back together, including Plutonium over Critical Mass, the Venus De Milo, Britney Speers and Kevin Federline, Michael Jackson's nose, Ireland, Mount St. Helens, The Primary buffer panel from Serenity, the Psyche of anyone who suffered through Disney's High School Musical and its schmaltzy spawn, and pretty much anything else ((Except, ironically, duct work)). The WD-40 will un-stick anything ((And will remove the sticky residue left behind by Duct Tape)). Coffee will keep you awake and focused enough to use the other two.

shouting random comments is froundupon by milsimers and wesawtch wearers and makes there blood boil . thus do it oftern and as randomly as possible.

shotguns DO work well ignore the naysayers

aiming realy does help.

repeated FF realy ###### people off

shooting peoples boots with TM socoms is fun if a little unfair (i aim for the heel personaly)

TM socoms are not an unfair advantage in nightgames if you want the silence pay for it

Wear a proper set of boots irregardless of your playing-style... They'll both look a whole lot cooler than your sneakers, and they increase your mobility immensly... If you have to run a 100m sprint, do it off the field ;)... Or learn to run in your boots...

Get a set of boots, as people say. And don't whinge about how expensive they are, they're *fruitcage* not. Try having size 16 feet, then try getting boots in Midgetown, Asia. Shipping alone is twice the cost of the boots.

yeah i had trouble enough finding boots back when I was in shanghai (was their last pair in the back of the storage room).

anyways:

-When on defense..dont pick up a nearby wooden plank as a shield and go on offense

(experience from the opposite team in recent skirmish...)

lol, i decided to skimp on the boots( i bought $20 jungle boots) and my ankles took the toll. But right now Im searchnig for a good pair, but having very wide feet sucks while searching ;______;

leave an un-jamming rod at the respawn point just incase. So many people have left earlier or sat out a game because of a jammed gun.

Stow your tray tables and seatback in their upright and locked positions...

If fighting midgets, aim low...

Candy is not an acceptable substitute for grenades...

When knifing your oponents, use a RUBBER knife...

Don't play on your gameboy in a trench...

Making out is not acceptable in bunkers, in the case of those of us who play airsoft with our spouses or signifigant other's...

Do not use ANY kind of explosives in an airsoft game...

Real life is not like counter-strike- Bunny Hopping is not allowed...

I faced with unsurmountable odds, do not run screaming like a 5 year old girl...

That about sums up my airsofting experience.

Damn. That's where I'm going wrong.

Enough about boots already! Other high street chemists are available.

Point: this thread is about UNSPOKEN rules - that includes unwritten ones too. Wearing boots is actually a written rule at a lot of sites. Taking hits is standard. Removing goggles during play is a commonly spoken rule. Can we get back to the unspoken/unwritten rules please? Like:

If you play in a small team with distinctive gear and visit a new site, then proceed to charge around like you own the place, ignoring hits and treating everyone else on your side with contempt - do not be surprised if your team mates have a chat with the other team over lunch and organise a nice ambush for you with minimis and grenade launchers. Oh, and don't expect to ever play there again.

Just because you don't have the super top-of-the-line AEG with every damn upgrade doesn't mean you can't pull off the 'impossible'. I've seen too many people (usually kids) hiding out in the back saying "but their guns shoot ___ fps! ...but mine's (cheaper) (slower) (weaker)!" It's about having guts, a plan and a bit of luck, not the most expensive gun.

Hell, I snuck into the enemy base in a recent game armed with only my pistol, and stole the hostage back from the 'marines' right under their noses. (it was a hostage rescue game, and the best skirmish that day IMO :D ) It makes for a memorable game, and is just lots more fun than cowering because you think you're outgunned!

Oh, and try not to 'dodge' the bb's, ducking quickly is one thing, or running a good sprint, but it's not the matrix :rolleyes:

14 year olds!: Do not snigger at people when you hit them with a £2 springer from 5ft away just before they reached their objective after fighting for half an hour through the undergrowth but failed to spot you behind that bush. They seldom appreciate the humour and get lippy, leading to your Dad having to come over and have a word with them about their language in front of his 14 year old son, and point out that it's a bloody game.

A hit with a cheapo springer is worth 972638 with an AEG.

Archived