The Unspoken Rules of Airsoft

Sabachthani

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radios are for one thing and one thing only. Insulting your team mates even if they are only 3 feet away from you. Well that and calling in airstrikes :P

Shall we?

Lets.

Is the only planing required

ALWAYS bring waterproofs. It doesnt matter that its the middle of summer as soon as anyone says "its a great day for it" it will rain.

Always watch your steps in the game. Last time I went, a guy chipped down and broke his leg. This is least we want in the game.

Was that at Fireball? When I went there someone stepped above a rabbit warren and fell in, hurt himself pretty badly. Just goes to show even if you're the most careful person in the world, there are dangers you can't see. Unless you're a ninja.

Was that at Fireball? When I went there someone stepped above a rabbit warren and fell in, hurt himself pretty badly. Just goes to show even if you're the most careful person in the world, there are dangers you can't see. Unless you're a ninja.

yes, it was. And I was right next to him, and my friend said it was me pushed him. :P

The team I play with here in " Utah! " .... Our # 1 rule.

" NO BONER RULE "

Anything that you don't want to happen to you on field, don't do it! the game only works if everyone calls there hits. We play very fast paced about 90% of the time so camping is included in the No Boner Rule most of the time. We often set a rule that you cannot be in the same place more than 1 - 2 mins.

• 4 months later...

Use pyro excessively:Nothing gets people going like 3 cries of Fire in the hole! and a huge bang to start a game.Or destroy an objective. or scare the ###### out of people (blasting pit, no worries) or to end the game.

KM

NEVER kick your opponents in the balls.

Shoot them with little balls by all means, but never kick them in the balls.

True. If there's a real grievance, Grab them by the neck, dig your fingers and thumb into the side of their windpipe and close your fist, then tear it away. Don't half-*albartroth* things.

The carotid artery can be quite effusive, though, so be sure to avoid the spray.

I'd say the primary rule here is just to go out and have some fun. There are days that you will probably feel like the Punisher (in reference to the movie) and get in hundreds of situations in which probably would have killed you 30 times over but still manage to come out without a scratch. There are other days where you may not get a single kill and get killed every 10 minutes. Personally, I've had both days and I have fun either way.

If your ever using a moving vehicle for cover, make sure you lift you weapon completely over the front fender or you will shower a nice truck with little white dents and take shrapnel from your own weapon.

The Badgers rules.

1. You don't welch on a bet. You be a man. You drink it.

2. Call your hits. Every time you don't, The Badger steals pot from stoners. (sounds good right? just think about it, all those stoners, suddenly walking out of their basements and getting jobs, starting families, making money. Then they rediscover pot and the infrastructure which relies on them collapses, instant anarchy.... maybe not such a bad idea...)

3. Don't shoot women. Sounds sexist, but you have a much higher chance of scoring if you don't make them bleed, unless their into that kinda thing....

4. Do Not keep track of your Kill to Death. Its macabre, juvenile, and makes the rest of us look bad.

5. Don't shoot the junk, its the same as kicking it, either way. ###### Move.

6. Ask for a surrender at close range, then and only then if they move, splatter them.

7. As is true in the bedroom, Looks mean nothing if you squeeze the trigger and nothing comes out.

8. Honor is the most important thing, try to use it.

9. *cue motivational music* have fun *switch to Metallica*

badgerdancing6.gif

Having a bag of cookies at lunch break for the whole team will vastly improve a good day and make a bad day great. At the last skirmish we were having a very bad problem with cheating and headhunting, so needless to say most of my team was rather ###### off. When I broke out a big bag of cookies for my team everyone was in a great mood afterwards :D

Also duct tape and electric tape can fix anything. Including keeping prisoners in compliance with your orders as their captors...er...taped to a tree so they wouldnt run off...again.... :rolleyes:

GBBs

Your GBB's serves three functions:

1. Losing expensive mags on the field.

2. Clicking when you REALLY need it to go bang, because it lost it's mag earlier somewhere in the field.

3. Trading to someone on Craigslist for a couple hicap mags that are worth half of what you paid for it because it's missing a mag.

Getting ready and loading up

1. If you pack enough ammo to last you all day, you will forget to charge your battery.

2. If you remember to charge your battery, you will forget your ammo.

3. Yes, everyone sees you as "that guy that always has to bum a shot of my green gas".

4. If the game starts at 10, you will arrive at 11.

5. Anyone can trade a lowcap mag for a beer, but he that brings the beer gets the gear.

6. You are the only person that takes you seriously.

7. No matter how cool your gear looks, somebody has nicer stuff.

8. The coolness factor is always multiplied by numbers. For example, tigerstripe camo and a green vest is cool, but when 5 guys are wearing it and hanging out as a group, it's 5x cooler.

9. It's just a game, and everyone is just there to have fun.

10. Winning is fun.

Your role

Assaulter:

You love hicap mags, and your primary weapon has a big battery.

You love body armor and wear a full mask.

You lead the charge and keep heads down.

You may go down, but you're taking them with you!

Sniper:

Unless you have a radio, no one knows what you do. All they know is that they saw you go onto the field and they saw you leave.

Support gunner:

Your an assaulter that doesn't like being shot.

Spec Ops:

You avoid the main fight and focus on taking out the important targets/accomplishing objectives with minimal confrontation. You dress light and it hurts when you get shot. Midcaps are the name of the game, and if you get pinned by the assaulter, you've got about 30 seconds of good fight in you before you're screwed.

Average gunt:

You are new to airsoft and haven't really found your specialty. You'll probably follow the assaulter for a while until you become an assaulter, or you might tag along with the Spec Ops guys (if they let you). If you want to be a sniper, you can try being a spotter for a while, and the sniper will usually either appreciate it or put up with you.

Noob:

You think you are already a sniper/assaulter/support gunner/spec ops.

General truisms:

1. The sniper is a really nice guy. A sadist, but a really nice guy.

2. Spec ops people are generally skeptical of new players and you may have to prove that you are an honest airsofter before they let you run with them.

3. Courage will get you more respect than a cool gun. A guy with a spring rifle that's jumping into bunkers and surrendering the heavy guns is the coolest guy on the field, and his gun cost as much as your mag.

4. Listen more than you talk. You will learn a lot more that way.

These are just my experience and I'm sure your experience may be different from mine.

Don't just assume people won't take their hits. Shoot a short burst ((Lest you be a support gunner, or laying down covering fire)), then if they don't take it, shoot them again.

Repeat as necessary.

And duct tape is good for everything except ducting. Keep some in your toolbag, as if it isn't stuck together and should be, it is the answer. Also, keep some in your first aid kit, as if it isn't stuck together and should be, then it makes a pretty good bandage. And the chicks dig it when you pull it off, even, and perhaps especially if you cry.

Oh on the subject of calling hits, dont just start walking away without loudly and clearly announce "HIT!" even if there is a medic rule and you just need to sit down and wait for the medic to get there. Had an incident at the last game where I shot a guy and he didnt say anything just sat down facing me and pointing his weapon at me about halfway behind the tree he had been taking cover behind, so I shot him with another burst and he got mad and yelled that he "was already *fruitcage* hit!"....but how am I supposed to know it if he just sits down facing andaiming at me without yelling hit? Its called "calling" your hits for a reason.

Archived