Naming your gun.

Sabachthani

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, even i knew this was a "fun" thread. im thinking that ur so insecure about this being a cool thing to do because secretly u name every damn thing u own.

lol :D

It it not a kind of controversial to name an Israeli gun "The Nazi". I'm quite sure there is a Jew or two who would be some what offended by it.

No see, that's the funny part, because the gun is made in Japan, right, and they were nazi allies, and-

I call it the Nazi because it is of the following reasons:

It has CRAZY kick

It is a MEAN gun

It's powerful

Also, it's made in japan so.........lol

....yeah. Okay, so this thread is creepy. It was creepy before, but it just got alot creepier. Check please! :P

Some of mine have names but not all

M249 Minimi = Donna (After my ex that ought it for me)

L96A1 = Becky (yet again another ex lol)

SPAS12, M4,FN2000, SA80 and M9 are all un-named I refuse to name the M4 as its my mainstay weapon and for some reason i just feel like if i neamed it it would be unlucky. as for the others i just havnt found any names i like that will stick with the weapons.

Grim

my SA80s are called "tamzyn" and "tanith" they are disfunctional identical twin brother and sister.

I have an mp5 that refuses to work so she is "matilda" as i allways believed that to be a ***chy name.

1911 "workhorse" as its TM and therefore a great airsoft sidearm

pistol uzi "hose" you can aim... but there really is no point.

m3 shotgun "chavhunter" as it has a hunting style stock.

To the nay-sayers: loosen up. theese are not real guns, we are not actually killing people. we are playing a sport FOR FUN.

Saying that, if i had a gun for sports shooting (clay pidgeons, or target pistols) i might name that as well.

I use the zen method for naming my guns, i have many guns(20 ish), but only 6 have names. I play with them(in the field) and a name will just occor to me, exept matilda whos name came to me as her AR latch fell out as i was trying to assemble the gearbox.

Arnies is the natural habitat of people who take airsoft far too seriously.

quoted for truth. perfect example lately has been the multicam pix thread. I mean they invented the word "multisham"

i just want to go on the thread and post pix in my multi cam with a vfc scar and rs eotech and go "OMGZ, i am bestest airsoft, i wear t3h crye"

but alas i dont have crye multicam or a real eotech.

but to stay on point, i've only named one of my guns, because she is the only one that is done in terms of accessories and internal upgrades and the like. my p90 is called "the beast." When i pick her up from airsoft extreme later today, i might post pix to show u why. but i might be too scared of getting flamed for various things i did to it. "0mgz, box mag is teh ugliez!"

"naming your gun - the manly thing to do"

i cant think of anything more camp and less manly than naming your toy guns.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

I don't name my guns because the companies that made the real ones already did it for me ;)

Out of my 30 odd guns, I've only 'named' 3.

I think there must be some personality to the gun before it deserves a name.

My first vsr is 'the prime-minister' as I'm sure he can count on your vote.

The second vsr is 'the Shirlinator', named after 'Big Shirl' who bought most of the upgrade parts for a birthday present.

& lastly my outdoor, big old, brash G36 is called 'Bessy' (with a sad Manc/northern accent) after a big old northern ###### head I used to know, bless her. :)

Greg.

Archived