Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question please guys?

If I am fitting a G&P QD silencer to a CA M15 I need the CCW version of the silencer is that correct?

I read it somewhere but I have been searching through old threads but cant find it.

Also I was planning on buying the CA convertible outer barrel (standard size barrel that unscrews into the shorter version) If I do this obviously the inner barrel will extend beyond the shorter barrel length but will the silencer be able to conceal the inner barrel when attached?

Ta.

That's one large visible laser unit. Is it green laser?

Yes never used tho as its quite powerfull.

USAF Senior Airman?

No idea its just on a spare shirt that came with a set I got from ebay it hasnt been out of the wardrobe since then untill now.

No idea its just on a spare shirt that came with a set I got from ebay it hasnt been out of the wardrobe since then untill now.

Oh, ok. I just noticed that your BDU top had USAF stripes on it and thought either you were using surplus or somehow got lucky enough to get stationed somewhere in Ireland or something.

I just recieved a G&P metal body and I must say that I like it very much. I need to get a new delta ring (note my front end won't screw on all the way) but there is still virtually no barrel wobble.

DSC08100.jpg

DSC08104.jpg

I also got a silencer...

DSC08093.jpg

There are a few problems that I need to fix but it looks, feels, and performs amazing.

Cheers

IMG_6570.jpg

Work in progress. Started life as a DBoys S-System, less than 1/2 DBoys now and that percentage is getting smaller, until the only parts left are the SIR and sights, and maybe the gearbox shell. I'm less than impressed with most of the DBoys internals, unfortunately.

The external is a cool mashup:

-DBoys front and rear sights (rear sight is due to be replaced)

-King Arms CQBR barrel (a very nice barrel!)

-DBoys SIR (copy of the out-of-production SAMURAI SIR)

-G&P M16A1 lower with M4 upper

-CA? stock

-Dboys grip

-G&P trigger guard (soon to be replaced with Rock River Arms)

-??? brass flash hider

-King Arms Delta Ring

I'm waiting on a G&P Aimpoint and a genuine ARMS Aimpoint QD mount, as well as a King Arms suppressor. I was going to paint it, but the more I look at it the more I like the black. It'll get painted eventually though. :lol:

Edited by PlasticMag
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/The...IR/IMG_6570.jpg

Work in progress. Started life as a DBoys S-System, less than 1/2 DBoys now and that percentage is getting smaller, until the only parts left are the SIR and sights, and maybe the gearbox shell. I'm less than impressed with most of the DBoys internals, unfortunately.

The external is a cool mashup:

-DBoys front and rear sights (rear sight is due to be replaced)

-King Arms CQBR barrel (a very nice barrel!)

-DBoys SIR (copy of the out-of-production SAMURAI SIR)

-G&P M16A1 lower with M4 upper

-CA? stock

-Dboys grip

-G&P trigger guard (soon to be replaced with Rock River Arms)

-??? brass flash hider

-King Arms Delta Ring

I'm waiting on a G&P Aimpoint and a genuine ARMS Aimpoint QD mount, as well as a King Arms suppressor. I was going to paint it, but the more I look at it the more I like the black. It'll get painted eventually though. :lol:

How do you like the DBoys' SIR? How easy is it to put the battery in? Is it very solid? I'm thinking of getting one for my KWA.

Quality is mixed. Both examples that I've seen in person have mediocre and pitted casting on the right side of the spinal rail (a bad mold). The cover is easy enough to take off (slide forward/drop off unlike the hinged Civilian version), and it's fairly solid, but it does wiggle around on the rails a bit. I wrapped tape around each screw at the spine's 'clamp' to shim them, it cut down on movement substantially. All in all, though, and especially for the price, it's hard to complain.