1911 Picture Thread

My KSC 1911 with the dark wood grips with what my best mate is getting for his birthday, KSC 1911 with the light wood grips

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/ni...ns/DSC01723.jpg

Close shot of the present

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/ni...ns/DSC01735.jpg

Are those Esmeralda grips?

As in, http://www.esmeralda.cc/latest_grips_added.htm

Edit: Aha, they are! The ones with the Celtic cross are awesome - could you please take a close-up on them to show the detail? Also, what wood are they made from?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Drake, how's the Koba frame? I have it on my shopping list, too. Good quality, I guess? Can you say something about the finish? Is it painted or is the complete molding material colored that way so that there will be no wearing of in the long run?

Nice you installed the Delta hammer, I did too, good taste pal :)

By the way … my MEU (with darks Altamont grips) and my 1911A1 version with standard slide and Hicapa Springfield slide (both with the red wood Altamont grips)

meu4.jpg

1911_SA_2.jpg

Springfield_1911A1_3.jpg

Springfield_1911A1_4.jpg

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Fantastic pictures as always Sam. All those pistols look amazing and provide a lot of inspiration.

You should start your own gallery here on Arnies (I don't think you have one, do you?) I would love to see all your pictures together. They consistently look extremely professional.

Can I ask what camera you're using?

cheers guys =]

SamJacksonFan I was really chuffed the tk frame and it was a doddle to fit. The frame feels tough and is molded in od so theres no paint to chip off and its a nice matte finish with no noticeable mold lines to speak of.

I thinking of adding so of those stick on glow dots that I seen someone post a few pages back to the meu but in saying that i dont really have a problem using it as it is.

Also those are some real nice grips your rocking there.

^_^

Hi guys. I think I could use some help.

I'm working on P14-45 project and was wondering what I can do to the metal frame to make it look like following pics?

scared023.jpg

tennis003.jpg

I think what I'm trying to achieve is sorta like stainless steel look. Perhaps brushed. The frame I'm working on is from WE P14. It is a die-casted aluminium. I have been thinking of getting it bead blasted. Would it be the right way to go? Or should I just strip the paint and use some kind of metal polish or oxidizing it chemicaly to get that darker shade of tone?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by fal

Sorry, can't help on the tech specs. But I'm curious as hell how you want to aceive that trigger issue. As far as I know there's no airsoft 1911 GBB that provides such a trigger mechanism (though I recall seeing a classic airsoft by WA once … a strangely shaped Colt 1911 version). Otherwise there's only this 4.5 BB gun Colt licensed 1911 with such a trigger, I've seen.

Like your project very much … it so much calls for Todd Jarrett. WA already came up with this strange Novak and Heini 1911 editions. Why they don't go for a Para LDA once? How about it, Domo arigato boys :ph34r:

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Na I'm not worried about replicating LDA trigger. It's way too much work even if I had access to machinary. I was more wondering about that finish on the frame and how to achieve the look from die-casted aluminium frame I have.

I agree though, someone ought to come up with LDA models.

Edited by fal

If the original finish is painted, you could dip it (metal parts only please) in paint stripper then attack it with a mild steel brush. Then scrub it with a scouring pad and finally polish with metal polish and a rag. It did ok with my CA 1911 barrel at least, which is also die-cast. If its anodized or electro-plated, skip the stripper and go straight to the steel brush. If you don't want it very shiny, stop at the scouring pad with uni-directional strokes.

100_1066.jpg

100_1064.jpg

Whoops, failed to notice you wanted it in a darker shade. In which case just use a scouring pad. It will give you a brushed effect but again, do it in one direction only. Eventually you'll get to that pewter like finish, but be careful not to scrub it too much or you'll end up with something too shiny.

Edited by renegadecow
Whoops, failed to notice you wanted it in a darker shade. In which case just use a scouring pad. It will give you a brushed effect but again, do it in one direction only. Eventually you'll get to that pewter like finish, but be careful not to scrub it too much or you'll end up with something too shiny.

Thanks for the tip. I will try that out. :)

Does it have to be steel wool though? Or brass wool would be too soft?

Also wouldn't steel wool give brushed effect already before using scouring pad?

Sorry I'm not really experience in this area.

Thanks for your help. :)

Thanks for the tip. I will try that out. :)

Does it have to be steel wool though? Or brass wool would be too soft?

Also wouldn't steel wool give brushed effect already before using scouring pad?

Sorry I'm not really experience in this area.

Thanks for your help. :)

why wouldn't you want to bead blast it? If you blast at a LOW PSI you can control the color of the finish better. It'll take you forever but you'll get the same finish, in the darker color you wanted...

I wish I could. I already have asked around. But no one wants to do gun/airgun parts around here unfortunately. Besides, I think I would still need to use either steel wool or scouring pad to get the brushed look anyway.