AK & Variants Picture Thread

Plague, the blowback mechanism on the vfc guns killed an 1100 mah 8.4 volt battery pretty quickly. I think i was only getting about 1200 shots out of that battery with the blowback engaged.

A 2000 mah 8.4 battery will easily give me 4k shots with the blowback disengaged.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get about 1500 - 1700 with an intel 1400mah at the moment but my aims does eat thought the batterys like nothing else, i just got my hands on the vfc ak74m and im expecting the same from that

in regards to teh vfc blow back i've come across an issues and it with teh spring on the bolt cover, i;ve noticed this losses some springeness (tech term :) ) over time and is slower to return to its starting position and i believe this even results in some gearbox lockups

anyone know if you can get this as a replacement part anywhere ? other than vfc direct

i get about 1500 - 1700 with an intel 1400mah at the moment but my aims does eat thought the batterys like nothing else, i just got my hands on the vfc ak74m and im expecting the same from that

in regards to teh vfc blow back i've come across an issues and it with teh spring on the bolt cover, i;ve noticed this losses some springeness (tech term :) ) over time and is slower to return to its starting position and i believe this even results in some gearbox lockups

anyone know if you can get this as a replacement part anywhere ? other than vfc direct

You can add the spring from a ballpoint pen to the bolt spring, this will make the mechanism stiffer again.

Edited by fryxharry
plasticmag: you've used the new VFC method for your blowback right? any chance you could put a guide up?

and can you still quickly disengage the blowback like on the VFCs? oh and any idea how much it affects the battery life?

Yes, yes, and yes, and it drains it around the same for me. It's just a little extra stress. Then again, I haven't skirmished it post-modification yet, just fired off a lot of rounds.

Not yet smelsonlaflin, but Dboys just released an AKM. That's a hop and a skip away from an AIMS, but it will take you out of that "clone price range".

Also heads up to everybody, K-Var is having a 15% off of everything sale right now to celebrate the 4th and the court decision (TAKE THAT LIBS!!!!)

MY G&G AK/RK 47. So the far the only thing that was replaced was the piston head. The original G&G piston head crapped out, but it was replaced with that of Systemas. I find myself using this gun more often that my M4 because everyone out in my field carries a M4/M16 and a raped AK. Simplicity is better.

323793183.jpg

323793235.jpg

323793202.jpg

And a Dboy's Aks-74 that I bought as a project gun. I was using 7.62 mags in them to make an Ak-103 of sorts. Decided to sell it as I did need another gun.

320588127.jpg

afallan

Edited by afallan
I figure you AK owners would know this. Can anyone tell me what type of mount is on this gun or point me to something comparable? Thanks.

The mount is just a regular side mount that a lot AK's have, espeicially VFC's AK-74 series. If your asking about the scope, then it's a Russian POSP scope.

afallan

The mount is just a regular side mount that a lot AK's have, espeicially VFC's AK-74 series. If your asking about the scope, then it's a Russian POSP scope.

afallan

Thanks for the heads up. Knowing the offical name (POSP) of it helped alot and I found one too! :D

yeah, mine doesnt fit nearly as well as it does on that picture though :\

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t257/sp...er/ak74copy.jpg

Don't see anything wrong with it. I had to really tighten up my POSP's mount when fitting it to the Inokatsu steel receiver on my '47 DMR, to the point that it's now quite bent. Apparently this is normal, so long as you don't over tighten it.

My POSP won't fit on any of my CYMA side rails now, though.

As an aside, are there any Russian side mounted red dots that will go an 'SU, that will allow you to remove the top cover, without having to remove the sight first? I'm asking 'cos it's an absolute pain to remove a side mounted sight when there's a sling attached to that side of the receiver, and the railed mount I've got isn't quite high enough to let the 'SU receiver cover/rear sight lift up far enough to get the battery in or out.

I do have a railed fore grip set, though that's primarily to mount a vertical grip as I find it really uncomfortable holding a rifle without one attached. Unfortunately it's too far forward IMHO for a red dot to go (as can be seen with the pleasant green AK I posted up a few pages back).

Edited by AKRay