H&K Picture Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously though, isn't it just a cool ris/ras front end on an M4, with yet another set of differently trademarked bodies? I know I know, its the new HK and yeah it looks better than an M4 anyway, but I'm really kinda glad its not got anything new to offer that any other VFC gun already boasts, otherwise I would be tempted!! :P

Essentially in airsoft yes, but the real ones have a brand new gas system which puts the Colt and versions like that to shame, it's a self cleaning system that easily fires in huge sandstorms and overall the weapon stays cleaner inside and fires more precise because it is from HK. So based on looks its the same thing, but inside where it counts, they are different.

Edited by Milla

Fair point.

Does it make any difference in airsoft though? I'm hardly surprised that the brand new real steel HK gun is better than the 40-year-old Armalite `crate of woe` :lol:

Not to be antagonistic or anything, I'm just addressing the philosophical worth of a highly expensive gun that offers nothing I can see other than sheer glamour ;)

Now, I would hardly like to detract from the overall concept of `glamour` in an airsoftual context, naturally :D but in this case it all seems a bit superfluous (more superfluous even than normal :lol: ).

Humour me here and tell me why I may be wrong, I can see the obvious argument but if there are any more I'd love to hear why you guys can justify these 416s :)

Personally, I just can't. :huh:

Fair point.

Does it make any difference in airsoft though? I'm hardly surprised that the brand new real steel HK gun is better than the 40-year-old Armalite `crate of woe` :lol:

Not to be antagonistic or anything, I'm just addressing the philosophical worth of a highly expensive gun that offers nothing I can see other than sheer glamour ;)

Now, I would hardly like to detract from the overall concept of `glamour` in an airsoftual context, naturally :D but in this case it all seems a bit superfluous (more superfluous even than normal :lol: ).

Humour me here and tell me why I may be wrong, I can see the obvious argument but if there are any more I'd love to hear why you guys can justify these 416s :)

Personally, I just can't. :huh:

The VFC HK416 has a very good set of internals, too.

I'm planning on eventually getting an M4, getting some 416 sights and and RIS kit for the front to replicate the HK416 without paying tons for the VFC version. I really don't mind not having the trades, though at some point, I may see about getting the bodywork so I can have the different selector options.

I'm planning on eventually getting an M4, getting some 416 sights and and RIS kit for the front to replicate the HK416 without paying tons for the VFC version. I really don't mind not having the trades, though at some point, I may see about getting the bodywork so I can have the different selector options.

It won't look like the HK416 at all. :P

Edited by Skarclaw

The cheap UTG MP5 retractable stock broke (really really bad pot metal). I don't like full stocks on compact guns, so I slapped on an old M4 buffer tube and stock.

sideanglebb6.jpg

It's no longer as compact as it was with the original retractable stock, but this stock makes the MP5 much more comfortable when shouldering it to aim.

Edited by Souske

Ow my toes!!! :P hehe I'm just asking a theoretical question, don't mind my offputting rants just because I can't justify something myself :)

Darklite, yup I know VFCs are badass but that applies to all their new guns doesn't it? I mean if you had an Armalite (Crate.Of.Woe ) already then perhaps something like one of their AKs would be a much more likely/sensible purchase? Assuming you like them of course.

I just have an appreciation for diversity and the proliferation of M4s and M16, while nothing to get on a soap-box about, is nonetheless the recipient of all my dumbstruck wonder and bewilderment because I can see no sense in owning 4 guns almost identical to each other when the world offers a hundred others that are, in my eyes, far superior aesthetically. And that include free metaphorical soapboxes as standard :D

I think that unless you have the money, or desire for a different project on each gun, it does indeed seem a bit odd to own 4 of the same. It'd be like me buying 3 more MP5A5's and leaving them stock, what's the point? I might as well get an SD, or a K, something a bit different that retains the qualities of the basic MP5 but offers something else.

With M4's/M16's, I think it's slightly different because of the sheer potential for customisation. You can have a 416, you can have an M16A2, an M4 CQB, all are designed with specific purposes in mind, so while effectively internally the same rifle, their exteriors can vary widely, which makes ownership of many different types appealing to some.

Now, if I had the money I'd get all the variants of every gun out there, but alas I do not.

Roll on installment #2 of this years' student loan!

Going to step on someones toes by posting another hk416 but hey, join #icare ;p

Just got an Insight M3, almost finished now. Just waiting on a VLTOR butpad.

Slightly based on a Noveske  N4 Diplomat.

http://users.pandora.be/j3T/mil/DSC01741.JPG[/img

http://users.pandora.be/j3T/mil/DSC01754.JPG[/img

Parts list plz