Look what came down my chimney

cafemondo

We stopped using the fire a couple of months ago and the crows moved in to the chimney. This silly sod fell out of the nest this morning and became trapped etc and here he is. Hes not going back as its inaccesable so hes now mine. Feeds off the spoon a Mix of my saliva and dogfood at the moment, mmm tasty.

Feel free to suggest names

gallery_40367_1328_36868.jpg

Hes one hardcore hombre.

With some really blue eyes.

gallery_40367_1328_75067.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of when we had a nest of starlings in the hole where the old boiler pipe used to run up the exterior of my parents house. Used to always find 'em on the floor near the dining room window.

(BTW, edited your second pic cafemondo before someone starts complaining ;) )

I'd call him "Smiler" or "Happy" cos he has that look on his face. :unsure:

Oddly enough, a similar thing happened to me on Saturday night.

I was walking the dogs before bed when something hit me on the head. I looked down, whipped out my taclight (as you do) and scanned around. I thought I'd been hit by a pine-cone or summat but it turned out that a chick of some sort had obviously fallen out of the nest and it was just sitting on the ground.

I hung around for 10 minutes but he didn't move so I decided to take it home with me.

He didn't seem to be hurt but must've been dazed from falling out of the tree.

I broke up a slice of wholemeal bread into tiny lumps and filled a (clean) ash tray with water and left him sat on a shelf in the kitchen for the night. He hopped about for a few minutes then went to sleep.

The dog came to wake me up at about 5.30am.

When I got up she trotted into the kitchen and just sat in the doorway.

I looked around and saw that the chick had scoffed the bread, drunk the water, had a good sleep and was now bouncing backward and forward along the window-sill.

Opened the window and he jumped outside, hung around for a couple of minutes and then flew off.

I was quite chuffed about that. Birds tend to die of shock very easily. :)

I tried nursing a crow back to health after he fell out of a tree.

Named him Larry Bird, but he died a week later due to an unwillingness to eat (i eventually resorted to shoving food into his craw) and general malaise. I think he'd been on the ground quite a while before I found him

Aww... He's quite handsome. In a childish sort of way. Sadly, you don't get falling little birds in Hong Kong. :( Firstly, we don't have a chimney. Secondly, if it does fall down, it's probably dead. :unsure: (Stupid air pollution :angry2: )

ilikepie~

Just come back from shopping and hes nestled away quite nicely in an old hat, eating a teaspoonfull of dogfood as we speak.

Np about editing the second pic, youve got to have a laugh and keep it vaguley airsoft related. I guess a photo of him shoved into the agx is out of the question then :lol:

Smiler

Happy

Pet Crow

Larry Bird

Pie

Jake

Brandon

Eric

Your chimney doesn't have a grate or something over it?

Can he/she fly yet? Is it a he or a she?

And aren't you the guy with the chickens? :P

Edit:

you could call him Lucky...

or Sooty :rofl:

Or Sweep. :P

Feeds off the spoon a Mix of my saliva and dogfood at the moment, mmm tasty.

mmm do you chew the food for him or do you spit in a blender? either way it is still pretty gross :D . Why don't you go to the pet shop and get him some bird feed formula? (assuming its still a baby)

Archived