M81 Woodland Pics

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roob, did you RAID modify your BDU yourself?

in that pic above it is a Tactical Response Uniform. Its a standard ACU cut army uniform in the old m81 woodland.

But I have 4 Modified BDU jackets, my wife does alterations, she used to work at a place just off MacDill AFB and did lots of Raid mods before she met me. If you are in the CONUS states and you want mods done, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you about prices.

• 2 weeks later...

-MOOSE-

Yeah I have a few:

me1-1.jpg

Hugger without the RRV:

VelTyeHuggeron2.jpg

training early last year...that's an ebaybanned Multicam ballcap too..LOL!

training1.jpg

Veltye Hugger, Custom Go-Gear chest rig, Go-Gear magazine pouches, Go-Gear GP dumper, and GO-Gear admin pouch..all amazing kit..and what i use here in IRAQ..minus the chest rig because it was made fo rthe hugger and doesn't play nice with the CIRAS.

The best kit I have ever used hands down! Still going good and outlasting kit i was issued.

Edited by navymp28

Oh, that is nice!

Thanks a lot, dude!

But how come you're not using that gear in IRAQ, instead of the CIRAS? And what do you have over the CIRAS, pouches directly on it or a separate rig? I've always thought the CIRAS was too bulky to add a rig over it...

And I'm guessing it's the CIRAS-MAR?

Are these pics similar to what other SWCC guys use? Or is it often completely different?

Really nice stuff, you look packed with kit! Haha, gotta be a pain in the @$$, probably would make some rethink if they want to enlist in any service! I still would and I'm proud of it! haha, thank you for your service, even though I'm not a US citizen... yet! I do think the War on Terror is a world problem and thank you again for everything you and your buddies are doing.

I've noticed that the only places I can find cammies are either online or at Airsoft stores, which are always XL or something, exept online when you can get any size. But I do want used gear, which actually seems hard to get! I haven't been able to find any Surplus Stores in the OC and thats weird IMO. I'm really itching for a new uniform and specifically for M81, or possibly a set of DCU's. If I go with M81's then I really want a used set so it's faded, I would too with DCU's but I'm not that picky.

M81 is a bit dark here even when dusty and such, but I think it can also be an outstanding camo in certain aeras. I have a friend who bought 6-Color Desert pants and they are so new that they stand out a whole lot! I don't want that, I'm already struggeling getting my RRV worn out. I don't get much time to play though...

Oh, that is nice!

Thanks a lot, dude!

But how come you're not using that gear in IRAQ, instead of the CIRAS? And what do you have over the CIRAS, pouches directly on it or a separate rig? I've always thought the CIRAS was too bulky to add a rig over it...

And I'm guessing it's the CIRAS-MAR?

Are these pics similar to what other SWCC guys use? Or is it often completely different?

Really nice stuff, you look packed with kit! Haha, gotta be a pain in the @$$, probably would make some rethink if they want to enlist in any service! I still would and I'm proud of it! haha, thank you for your service, even though I'm not a US citizen... yet! I do think the War on Terror is a world problem and thank you again for everything you and your buddies are doing.

I've noticed that the only places I can find cammies are either online or at Airsoft stores, which are always XL or something, exept online when you can get any size. But I do want used gear, which actually seems hard to get! I haven't been able to find any Surplus Stores in the OC and thats weird IMO. I'm really itching for a new uniform and specifically for M81, or possibly a set of DCU's. If I go with M81's then I really want a used set so it's faded, I would too with DCU's but I'm not that picky.

M81 is a bit dark here even when dusty and such, but I think it can also be an outstanding camo in certain aeras. I have a friend who bought 6-Color Desert pants and they are so new that they stand out a whole lot! I don't want that, I'm already struggeling getting my RRV worn out. I don't get much time to play though...

I have the MAR-CIRAS now because the Veltye was no longer authorized wear for my unit. The CIRAS is not bad with a low profile rig on it...the same as MOLLE'ing directly to the vest. Which I really hate <_<

Umm..SWCC use CIRAS but usually in Smoke Green...and I guess it's similar..the have the same amount of magazines as SOP and usually have a small SAW pouch for NVG's and the such.

• 4 weeks later...

Received some SDS pouches today (6 x MP5 doubles & 2 x 200rnd SAWs), so there was an opportunity to take new pictures. The vest is Force Recon Direct Action inspired, for airsoft purposes there are a tonne more ammo pouches on the MP5 rig.

MP5 rig & leg panel close-up

DSCF1560.jpg

M4 rig & leg panel close-up

DSCF1561.jpg

M249 rig & leg panel close-up

DSCF1565.jpg

MP5 Full

DSCF1558.jpg

M4 Full

DSCF1562.jpg

M249 Full

DSCF1563.jpg