M81 Woodland Pics

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my M81 laid out for thier final photo together.

4 x 200rnd

2 x 100rnd

1 x Molle belt

7 x M4 doubles

7 x .45 kydex pouch

1 x frag pouch

2 x flashbang

1 x Sustainment pouch

Lots x 40mm pouch

1 x Leg panel

6 x MP5 Doubles

1 x MBITR pouch

1 x IFAK

1 x Hydro

FSBE AAV

jsw_dscf1575.jpg

jsw_dscf1576.jpg

It may not be pretty but it works good enough for me. The SAW pouch has velcro and I only keep it clipped for pics/transport. I really don't know what you mean by it's hard to grab the mags unless you have my rig and have tried it your self. If I can reload just as fast and you carry what I need while doing so then it is good enough for me. But as of now, I'm waiting on some more pouches and an IBA/OTV.

Yeah, that looks like a really wonky setup. Definatly get some actual mag pouches. I asure you that would work way better.

Dood I assure you that you are not him and have no clue as to what works best for HIM. If he want's to use SAW pouches in lue of a "traditional" mag pouch that is his buisness. I have seen and have personally used SAW pouches to hold real magazines and in Airsoft. Works fine for ME but maybe not for YOU. Don't be so damn arrogant to assume because you have seen a magazine once, read online in a forum, or seen it in a book that you know ###### about setting up a rig any better than anyone else. I use this stuff for a living and I still change stuff around because I am constantly learning. Dubois rig is fine and good for HIM.

Looks good ruvon, but it seems for the amount of use your PC is getting you could just relocate that to the belt and be done with the PC.

Thank you.

I'm going to probably add some pistol pouches to the chest, next to the PTT. My style of play is very heavy, I'm a ham fister, ammo dumper, but in some sort of manic MILSIMMER/RECREATIONAL airsofter mix, I use a majority of mid caps. So I'm actually pretty comfortable with the PC how it is. I also go for this sort of half assed geardo style that doesn't borrow from any one reference pic, but instead picks and chooses from all of the spec op's families. Yes, I am one of those types. But what I've found is it definitely defines who I am as a player, and I've lurked around enough to know that's what the Real Deal guys do anyways, so what better way to pay respect to them.

I'm currently trying to get rid of some stuff to add to the load out a bit, after playing with it and finding out what works and doesn't. Probably a MAP for the back, and I'm actually going to be moving my SIG to my blast belt, and using the OD drop leg holster for my incoming MK23.

I'm current researching a lighter weight rig, probably a toss up between LBT or a Eagle Universal, but I may also look into one of the Woodland SDS Rack rigs thats floating around here, to use with my RAID modded BDU's, ala Tears of the Sun.

My team RDL has a uniform suggestion of commercial MARPAT, Propper or Tru's if possible, but I do like to roll out in my M-81's for just pick up skirms.

Dood I assure you that you are not him...

I have to agree with Navy here, although I would'nt run my pouches like that. I have seen guys use freaking GI sustainment pouches to hold their mags. Experiment with stuff before you write someone elses gear off.

Edited by Fatal

I had used a SAW pouch with a divider to carry mags before, I actually kinda liked it. I could throw six mags in there and it would all fit on a smaller space than 3 traditional mag pouches would fit. I found it doesn't work too well when having to draw quickly, but I had an additional open top pouch for that.

I have to agree with Navy here, although I would'nt run my pouches like that. I have seen guys use freaking GI sustainment pouches to hold their mags. Experiment with stuff before you write someone elses gear off.

I used a Sustainment pouch for a while to hold mags, because I didn't have my Shingles yet. It was a sucky system, had to fish about in the pouch to find a mag, they clattered like hell, and was really uncomfortable to run with.