M81 Woodland Pics

It may not be pretty but it works good enough for me. The SAW pouch has velcro and I only keep it clipped for pics/transport. I really don't know what you mean by it's hard to grab the mags unless you have my rig and have tried it your self. If I can reload just as fast and you carry what I need while doing so then it is good enough for me. But as of now, I'm waiting on some more pouches and an IBA/OTV.

I've used a SAW pouch and M4 mags too at one time... I agree with Dubois, it's not as bad as you might think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specwargear might be able to help you out. They have been in the bdu modification business for a few years now.

http://www.specwargear.com/

You may want to send an email to emdom as well, as they are a related company, same owner and all ;)

Edited by Wrench Bender

I've seen the ones from Emdom, and to be honest they don't have all the features I want, nor my size...

The SWG is the best alternative yet, but "a bit" pricey...

I need a NY/CO RIPSTOP BDU with velcroed shoulder pockets, outwards slanted chest pockets, velcro closures and velcro cuffs in XL-Reg.

Seems I'll have to sew one myself, I guess...

Emdom USA does the SWG Blouse and Pants

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/...es?category=BDU

I'm not trying to bash or anything, but what makes the RAID BDU top worth $128? It's a $20 top with $20 worth of material and maybe $30 worth of work at a local tailor shop, it seems. Am I missing something? I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by Kraut
I need a NY/CO RIPSTOP BDU with velcroed shoulder pockets, outwards slanted chest pockets, velcro closures and velcro cuffs in XL-Reg.

Seems I'll have to sew one myself, I guess...

Hardest part is sewing pockets to sleeves, but all in all it's a fairly easy thing to do. Just take your time. Took me about a day's work and that was my first time using a sewing machine as well.

Here's some pics

Save yourself a bit of cash if you can spare the time ;)

I'm not trying to bash or anything, but what makes the RAID BDU top worth $128? It's a $20 top with $20 worth of material and maybe $30 worth of work at a local tailor shop, it seems. Am I missing something? I'm genuinely curious.

Demand