Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my M14. I posted in other forums also, but I got a lot of useful information here. So I'll post the result and thank the members that helped me with this project.

Real M14 birch wood stock converted into a TM m14 stock with real steal butt plate and real steal firberglass hande guard. This project took me a week of on and off work. Last night I finally finished it. I made two minor mistakes. One the a small hole in the bottom side of the grip and another is a nother hole in the battery compartment. I used some epoxy to patch them up. I also installed a Prometheus tight bore. By shooting coke cans, I estimate my M14 shoots around 350 fps.

m14wood.jpg

Leemovie, you win.

I really appreciate seeing the fruits of someones 'real' labours and that is excellent. Also I'm loving the colour difference between the barrel and gas parts - beautiful. Is the colour untouched Marui, your doing or aftermarket bits & bobs?

Edited by Tommygunn
Leemovie, you win.

I really appreciate seeing the fruits of someones 'real' labours and that is excellent. Also I'm loving the colour difference between the barrel and gas parts - beautiful. Is the colour untouched Marui, your doing or aftermarket bits & bobs?

I really wanted a wood body for my M14. The CAW wood kit is like $300 dollars, that's robbing our money. I just got a government surplus and put some hard work into it and got myself a nicer stock. I am glad that people like it. The color was all marui. I didn't do anything to it. Marui did a very nice job on M14. It's really cloase to the real steal specs.

Here is my M14. I posted in other forums also, but I got a lot of useful information here. So I'll post the result and thank the members that helped me with this project.

Real M14 birch wood stock converted into a TM m14 stock with real steal butt plate and real steal firberglass hande guard. This project took me a week of on and off work. Last night I finally finished it. I made two minor mistakes. One the a small hole in the bottom side of the grip and another is a nother hole in the battery compartment. I used some epoxy to patch them up. I also installed a Prometheus tight bore. By shooting coke cans, I estimate my M14 shoots around 350 fps.

http://www.arches.uga.edu/~moli/m14wood.jpg

That is beautifull, a perfect 10/10!!

It's a shame that people call an armalite with all 4rails clogged up by lasers, lights and optics or launchers a custom gun. (I'm not offending anyone people!!)

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Just rack the bolt evilhippy, just rack the bolt....

The bolt sucks, man :( It's very hard to operate and the sound is metal sliding discreetly over thin sheet metal. No clunky chunky noise at all, and it doesn't move freely either.

Boo!

I know chaps, I know. I have avoided ranting about how almightily p*ssed off I am in my blog purely because of this anti-emo thing I seem to have (almost unconsciously) slipped into :D but it is immensely *fruitcage* ing frustrating.

After all the bigging up it got about the bolt and it sucks, and then I have no idea of whether my fall damaged the inner barrel or hop-up or whether they are inherrently flawed and are the reason for it's wild inaccuracy.

It's another gun into the workshop, Goddamnit!

Ah well, at least Neil & Co. at GZ are gonna make sooooo much money from fixing all my shonky guns!!