Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very nice. The King Arms OPS silencer really sets it off. Not sure about your 779 designation, though. 779's have a full M4 profile front end, but your handguards look too thin. I assume thats based off a TM M733? The 733 has thinner and longer handguards than an M4, and therefore the 779. I would presume that the 779 has the same front sling swivel as an M4 as well.

Then there's the question of firing mode. The wikipedia article on the subject seems to list the 779 as being an S-1-F carbine, with the 777 as S-1-3, but the Colt Defense website has the opposite listed. The have the 779 listed as the burst model, while the 777 is listed as the auto. I suspect Colt are the ones who have it right.  Assuming that you are using an M733 receiver (with the auto marking) then you should be looking at a model 777, albeit with short ribbed handguards instead of M4 handguards.

The gun originally was a TM M733, then I replaced the TM plastic receiver with a Hurricane M733 metal receiver (S-1-F) and the TM front set with a G&P front set. After that I had the G&P set taken off and replaced with the TM M4 front set and King Arms OPS suppressor. The current handguards are M4 diameter and length as shown in the photos below:

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

I'll take your word on it being an M777, as Colt is a bit more trustworthy than a Wikipedia article. ;)

Edited by browningman

How odd. In the original pictures the handguards don't look as fat as they should to my eye, but in the handguard comparison it becomes obvious. Might be the paintjob changing my perspective a little. Kind of like when somebody fat wears vertical stripes and looks thinner than they actually are.

How odd. In the original pictures the handguards don't look as fat as they should to my eye, but in the handguard comparison it becomes obvious. Might be the paintjob changing my perspective a little. Kind of like when somebody fat wears vertical stripes and looks thinner than they actually are.

I see what you mean by the handguards looking kind of thin in the original picture. Could very well be the paint, lighting, or angle at which I took the picture... :huh:

i get too carried away mate, i just cant help myself, its on its 6th paint job now, i find paint gun almost as much funas using them :rolleyes:

seriously though, with th m16 (my main weapon) im just playing around with different painjobs at the moment, i have them all photographed so once ive finished experimenting i can pick my favourite for each time of year and then stick with that one until the seson changes, funnily enough the khaki/olive one is winning as my all round favourite at the moment but for his time of year i think the current one (above) will be more effective in the thick vegetation of my local site, once autum and winter come round i will be going for a mainly brown/khaki look and if we get any decent snow this year maybe even a white/brown paintjob

tell you what though, just for you i'll re paint it olive/khaki for the GZ weekender, that way you can pick me out easier and say hello :D

regards........kwiky ;)

Edited by kwiky

MP5Ks are meant to be black. Fix that up immediately, you heretic! :P

I think the paintjob on the M4A1 with the M203 and LE stock looks the best, followed by the M733 and the M16A3 with M203, respectively. I'm sorry, but the solid stock M4A1 looks kind of tacky and the MP5K is horrendous.

thanks for your input and no need to be sorry ;)

the m4a1 with the solid stock was my first ever paintjob on a rifle and is my least favourite, its now owned by a team mate of mine and he likes it so wont let me re paint it although if i show him this thread it may change his mind :rolleyes:

the mp5k is owned by the same team mate and used solely as a sniper back up weapon, it needed to blend in when hung on him from a sling, he said paint it so i did, i like that paintjob although i will admit it would of been better on an armalite

the m4 with the LE stock was done after consuming way too much alcohol and took around 5 minutes to do, im pretty fond of it although im not sure why exactly, maybe because i cant even remember painting it lol

the m16 im happy with, it might not be the greatest paint job ive done on it but it'll work the best where i play at this time of year, i'll reserve judgement until i see pics of me using it in the field with all my kit on next weekend

the m733, my first attempt at a desert paintjob, i have no deserts to play in but im only using it as a cqb weapon so it doesnt really matter about it being camouflaged, if the m16 turns out badly in the pics of me using it this one will become my favourite

well until ive re painted the m16 that is :D

regards.......kwiky

Heres a UTG M324 that i did for a bud of mine, I think it came out exceptionally well, its much much different than most of the others here. And before I get flamed, the scope wasn't painted per request of the owner, or else it would've been.

img0557eq4.jpg

img0558zh8.jpg

RR