Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a question for you helmet wearers :P

I'm just starting to get into headwear, and since my team runs MARPAT green/tan almost exclusively, I'd sort of want to get a Marine-style look. Also keeping it as budget as possible XD.

Here's my planned list:

ACM IBH with NVG mount

ESS Turbofans (not sure if that would be "part" of the helmet")

G&P IR Distress Loader (Lol I'm too cheap to get an actual IR thingy)

Some type of Helmet light

Also, how are you guys getting velcro patches on your helmets - do you just buy adhesive-backed velcro?

Thanks in advance :D

2/2

If you round the corners a bit more it'll help with the profile. The biggest noticeable discrepancy would be the flare at the back of the helmet. Can it be heated and bent in a bit? Another touch you may want to add, is some trim to the edges you modified. I've seen some people use generic door edge guards (basically the generic plastic U channel strips that you can buy from automotive stores to protect the metal edge of your car door, like this) to great effect. The generic ones are pretty cheap.

If you round the corners a bit more it'll help with the profile. The biggest noticeable discrepancy would be the flare at the back of the helmet. Can it be heated and bent in a bit? Another touch you may want to add, is some trim to the edges you modified. I've seen some people use generic door edge guards (basically the generic plastic U channel strips that you can buy from automotive stores to protect the metal edge of your car door, like this) to great effect. The generic ones are pretty cheap.

What uscmCorps just said. I would sand the edges a bit....and make them a bit cleaner. They look rough in the picture. If you are using the door trim from the automotive stores, they have adhesive in the channel already. I would suggest adding some of your own, such as a window silicone sealant or something just to make sure it does not come off.

uscmCorps..did you get my PM? :)

Steve

Heres my stuff, nowt special really.

The Protec lid has been modified to be wearable with Sordins and the US helmet has had a Motif painted on the front (from an old costume that I made a few years back.

004-1.jpg

US helmet above (real steel)

heres The German Pat (Rep)

003-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

modded Protec.

Below another angle.

008-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Another one of the protec being worn with the Sordins and X800s

009-1.jpg

And last but not least, the typical Viper M88 replica.

Nowt special but it all does the job.

Shall soon have an IBH replica to add to the collection too.

2000, 2001s are to loose and flop around

Thats a crock. The main part of the shells, padding and straps are exactly the same, only they ear coverage differs.

Getting a decent chinstrap (ops core or an issue one) and the correct size pads will improve the comfort and fit of whichever model you choose. Really its down to what you like the look of.

Thats a crock. The main part of the shells, padding and straps are exactly the same, only they ear coverage differs.

Getting a decent chinstrap (ops core or an issue one) and the correct size pads will improve the comfort and fit of whichever model you choose. Really its down to what you like the look of.

Exactly. It took a little bit of adjusting of the pads and straps on my IBH to get it to how I like, sometimes it would sit too high, sometimes it would sit too low but Ive got it just right now. I really doubt theres that much of a difference though I prefer a MICH2001 to the rest, IMHO MICH2000's and PASGT's look best when the operator has allot of other armor, otherwise it makes the operator look like his head is terribly misproportioned or that they don't have enough armor protecting their torso compared to their head.

Edited by nateo200

I have a 2001, and have worn a 2000 for a day or so, and if your wearing a headset, I'd go 2001 cause it allows more room for it and seems to echo less. If your not wearing a headset, I''d go 2000 or 2002 (I like the idea of a 2002, it seems like a happy medium) since it will be more secure, and looks better then the 2001 without a headset.