Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my Ops-Core Fast after some paint and pantyhose!

Ops-Core Fast

Rhino NVG Arm with a NOBG-1 Nightvision google and costum mount

S&S V-Lite in E-Lite shells (better velcro on the E-lites) Red & Green

MS2000 IR Strobe

Adventure light VIP Strobe Green & IR

EOG Counterweight Pouch w/ extra NVG and CR123 batteries

2 US IR Flags 1 color 1 subdued

SureFire HL-1 Helmet light

Mil-Spec Monkey Retracto-Plugs

Contour ROAM Camera

532572_10151101296844453_1155535832_n.jpg

399384_10151101297199453_533066190_n.jpg

293285_10151101297524453_531799043_n.jpg

425148_10151126338559453_91899731_n.jpg

I was not happy with the retention of one piece of velcro, so I added a second piece of velcro that attached to the helmet on each side of the camera. The camera is stuck on to the helmet with sticky velcro, and that second piece covers it up to add more retention. I ran it like that at Red Storm up in PA and didn't have any issues even with me bumping my head countless times.

I used a very adhesive backed velcro and placed it on the contour as tight as I could without altering the shape. So far so good, havent had any problems with it. I also run it so that it sits slightly on the rail to add some extra support.

I havent had a chance to test it in a game, but it feeks far better than using the flat surface mount which I used previously.

I've run three different mounting techniques on my helmets.

The first was the flat surface mount adhered directly to the helmet with the sticky backing that comes with the contour. Most secure but least modular.

The second was the flat surface mount with Velcro attached, connected to the Velcro on the side of my helmet. Least secure of the three however still worked great, aside from any running shots which were a tad shaky on camera. I ran this for a while as I didn’t want to alter the contour much by throwing Velcro on, and I liked the modularity the Velcro on the mount added.

And now I’m running the Velcro directly on the contour (as seen in my earlier post). I like this way the best of what I’ve tried as I find the helmet doesn’t tip as much because it is far closer to the helmet then when using the mounts, the arc rail mount included, I too find that it sticks very far out. The mount makes it more secure, but not as comfortable and balanced as keeping the contour as close to the helmet as possible, in my opinion.

Here's a quick snap of my lid. I like it. Although I am tempted to lighten up the lighter sections so it fits a bit better with my gear.

For those of you with a replica FAST helmet, how did you tighten up the little rail sections? Mine are super loose and won't stick.

The FAST Ballistic is (and arguably the most popular helmet with SF at the moment, as everyone and their cat seems to have placed an order for them). The FAST Carbon Bump has been documented with PJ's and similar in field, but also quite heavily in training situations. I've only seen the FAST Base Jump used in training situations.

Ok thanks. I wasn't clear enough. I really meant the Fast Base Jump model ( with the venting holes ), but you seem to confirm my thought on that one. The venting holes must be good for ventilation, but not so good for actual ballistic protection....

Right now I have a Mich 2000 helmet, but when you run and stuff, that gets hot. Therefore I had been looking at those vented Base Jump models, but if they aren't used in reality, I won't choose that in the future.

You could run one under a First Spear Hybrid cover (or the Ops-Core one if it's ever released). It will cover the shell so you can't tell the holes are there, but at the same time maintain ventilation. Depending upon how much detail you want to have you could always file down the molded shroud and attach a VAS to it.

7697314994_a04412b37b_b.jpg

Ops-Core FAST Base jump

First Spear hybrid helmet cover RG

EOG counterweight MC

Thinking of purchasing a Contour HD and maybe a princeton MPLS for it

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8146/7697316918_086212b2ea_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8020/7697311540_bb5e2d4ce4_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7116/7697312964_7d76b2a97c_b.jpg