cats are great.

WhutJP

one of my cats is particularly fond of my little sister. Whenever she leaves for school in the morning, the little cat howls and cries to her toys for a few minutes before coming into my room and cuddling against my belly while I'm on the computer.

My other cat is in love with my mom and often has 5-minute long conversations with her.

Plus neither of them smells bad or stinks up the place. They both give themselves baths and clean up after themselves whenever they got a poop.

:):):):):)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pwnd!

Dogs are made entirely of win. They smell, but its a comforting lovely smell, much like fires and cut grass. My two springer spaniels always try to cuddle up with me on the sofa or sit on my lap at the PC ( even though they're both full grown, the pillocks).

They're ALWAYS happy to see you, no matter what mood you or anyone else in the house is in.

They're much more active and amusing than cats too... most cats just mope about the place being boring. My dog routinely bangs her head on the door. Or even better, gets so excited when my dad puts his key in the door that she jumps out of her basket with her front legs crossed and just goes crashing down...

I've never had a neighbours dog trespass on my land (and/or distress or tamper with wildlife that I try to encourage) ... This is not true of cats.

If you want to keep these creatures then don't assume that they're welcome on my property. They're not.

D

mew? I like cats because I'm one!

Hehe i keep some random packs of catfood in case i ever see cats outside on my communial law. This one cute and slightly fat fat kitteh came along the other day and I fed it. Its owner must be like "why's my cat getting fatter even tho im not feeding it more than usual?" :D

• 3 months later...

Is there something wrong with me if I like cats and dogs? I've met badly trained dogs and very aggressive cats, both have there faults but at the end of the day they are an animal and will have thier hang ups.

Can't have a cat as me girls mother is allergic to them, allegidly.....

But she does have a dog, who goes abaltross mad if he hasn't seen me for a day.

i prefer dogs by far. dogs are (in general) more fun and better companions.

cats tend to do their own thing and are rarely (in my experience) as affectionate. i also find cats seem to be more agressive and irritable than dogs.

did i mention i'm alergic to them as well? :unsure:

I find cats, without fail, to be extremely neurotic. Dogs, on the other hand tend to be stupid in general... but I've known enough intelligent dogs to know that's not true of the entire race.

A dog of the appropriate breed (or, better yet, combination of breeds) is every bit as intelligent as any dog (fox, coyote, wolf, jackal, domestic, &c.) can be while being as clean or nearly as clean as cats (or in the case of my parents animals, cleaner... 15 year old cats aren't exactly the cleanest of animals). Further, I've never had to hunt for a dog (excepting those bred to patrol large swathes of land), whereas I frequently have to hunting after cats. And the dogs in my life love cars (even the ones who get carsick) while every cat I've ever known absolutely hates the things and can't be taken anywhere.

As far as people getting hurt by dogs, that's usually a result of human stupidity. Dogs have a long history of being bred for protective and defensive purposes and thus, if they are not handled properly, can become destructive. This is the fault of their owner, not the dog itself. Similarly, any dog, even a docile breed, if mistreated by his/her handlers can become anti-social and destructive. Wolf-dog and coyote-dog hybrids require the finest line of all to be walked by their handlers, even on the absurdly rare occasion they combine the best traits of dogs with the best traits of their wild sire or dame.

Also: People get maimed and killed every year by cats in California, Africa, and India. :P

I detest cats. It's a pet for a lazy owner. Why should I have to dig the **** from next doors cat out of the flowerbed in my back garden? Would a cat owner liked it if I dropped a dog over the fence into their back garden so it could have a dump there? Somehow, I think not.

When I catch that bloody cat in my garden, its getting flying lessons courtesy of a size 10 boot. RSPCA be damned...

I detest cats. It's a pet for a lazy owner. Why should I have to dig the **** from next doors cat out of the flowerbed in my back garden? Would a cat owner liked it if I dropped a dog over the fence into their back garden so it could have a dump there? Somehow, I think not.

When I catch that bloody cat in my garden, its getting flying lessons courtesy of a size 10 boot. RSPCA be damned...

Well cats dont *suitcase* in the middle of the garden do they and you better hope your not my neighbor nothing would make me as angery as a person who hurt my cat Id *fruitcage* kill them!

Have you asked your neighbours what they think of your cat ###### in their garden then? If they ain't cat owners themselves, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is. "Not impressed" would probably be a very polite way of putting it.

Odd little tale about such things for you: Friend of mine had major issues with the woman next door and her six cats. Bloody things crapped everywhere. He complained. The response from the cow next door was "they're only doing what comes naturally" - needless to say, he wasn't exactly happy.

Anyway, roll on a year and he gets a rescue dog. Right old Heinz 57 Varieties mutt it is - but there's a good bit of mastiff in its genes, that's for sure. And it goes mental when it sees cats. Utterly beserk. Well, to cut a long story short, one day one of the cats was making itself comfortable in the middle of a flowerbed before curling one out. Thing is, the back door on the house was open. Dog flies out the house like an Exocet missile and the cat is in kitty heaven in seconds.

He delivered its remains back to next door in a shoebox along with the line "The dog only did what comes naturally"

^dude that's *fruitcage*ed up.

Anyways, kitty poop is far easier to clean that dog poop. My cats go and dump a tiny load and cover it in kitty litter (which gives off this minty smell). Later on I scoop it out--all dried up--and drop it in the trash. Nothing disgusting at all.

A dog, on the other hand, will lay this cow-sized turd that you have to pick up WHILE IT'S STILL FRESH. Unless you're one of those douchebags that walks his dog in the early morning and let's it take a dump on my front lawn without cleaning it up....

Anyways, kitty poop is far easier to clean that dog poop. My cats go and dump a tiny load and cover it in kitty litter (which gives off this minty smell). Later on I scoop it out--all dried up--and drop it in the trash. Nothing disgusting at all.

to the contrary i feel that letting a cat ###### inside my house would indeed be quit disgusting. i can 99% of the time tell who uses litter trays the moment i walk through a person's door. why? because it smells bloody awful.

it's certainly not fair to let your pets *suitcase* on other people's property, yet with cats it's impossible to prevent without the *bramston pickle* creatures stinking out the house. they're a bloody inconvinience if you ask me.

regarding the cat getting owned, it was a bit harsh to take the remains back with a 1 liner. but as far as it getting killed, thats the way things go i guess

Archived