Pictures of your rides

what kinda pickup is it?

i highly doubt you could outrun a rice burner that weighs probably half the weight of your pickup

but it all depends on alot of things

Hynundai specs straight from their website, I'm using the 4cy because its lighter, and all ricers think anything light=uberfast, so here we go:

Tiburon

Curb weight: (2898/-/2972)

HP: 138@6000

TQ: 136@4500 (lol)

My truck: (1992 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ a little 4.3 V6 5spd)

Curb weight: 3542 / 3734

195@4600

353@2800

Now anybody that has passed the 2nd grade can clearly tell that my truck is not 1 and 1/2 times the weight of your rice rocket. The substantial differences in HP/TQ make up for the weight before I even start bolting parts onto it.

Now onto bench racing, which I'm sure I'll lose at because thats all ricers do.

My truck would destroy the tiburon in the 1/4, stock for stock. My challenge for you was to make one run 9s, and with the amount you would spend on that car to run 9s, you could probably make my brick run 8 1/2s.

Edited by sp00n
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, ok i thought you were refering to the bike in your avatar

i was like  :o

Don't bother with too big of an "O", since it also wouldn't have any problem putting several buslengths on that car.

As I pointed out:

But if you're referring to the RSW in my avatar, it can handle itself. I've done the quarter a shave away from 11s. It'll outrun the ZX-11 to 60mph. It has a 45 degree lean angle ability, more than some "sport bikes", a fully adjustable suspension (preload, rebound and damp), the Kayaba inverted front forks from the YZF, 6pot dual brembos up front and 4pot rear disc. The engine? Not your usual enemic v-twin: 105hp, with a monster 138ft-lbs of torque. It'll handle 99.9% of the cars out there well into the century mark without beaking a sweat. And with that torque and the 200 series rear...

Ugh - I just quoted myself.... anyway those are the Road Star Warrior's specs. Bone stock from Yamaha. As you can deduce, few but the very hottest cars out there (and zero unmoddified cars) stand much chance.

EDIT: for the life of me I can't find information on any Hyundai, Tiburon or no, breaking into the 7s in the quartermile. I assume you were joking then. You'd be talking 1200-1400hp even in a tube chassis car.

Edited by Hillslam
So many boring tin boxes (Real minis not included)

Time to even things up a little...

100_0460.jpg

France019s.jpg

Bandit_006sm.jpg

003_22.jpg002_23.jpg

This one's for sale....to fund my new-found AirSoft habit.

To give an idea of size, those a standard kart wheels :blink:

All well and good untill you wanna go somewhere with yer mates :P

• 2 weeks later...

yea, bov is cool. fun to scare people on the street, while they're walking. make it go off before you pass them and they look around like crazy! (yea I know i'm pretty imature, lol)

Anyways, stock turbo(similar to a 16g i believe) with some boltons. At the time running 17psi with an 80shot of NAWS. IU was scared my manifold was gonna blow and my floor pan was gonna fall off, lol.

• 3 weeks later...