• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is WORTHLESS without pics of my sisters car

img8957mz0.jpg

img8958un2.jpg

img8960pq7.jpg

img8959ze5.jpg

Yes, it's a 92' Subaru with a custom paint job by my sister and her friends. Next yer it is mine when she goes to college. I plan to repaint it, anyone got any tips for removing this paint job? I'm thinking a power sander.

you want to get it sand blasted to get rid of all that ###### that girls call art or whatever it's meant to be and then get it painted that nice blue that the subaru rally cars are donned with

Edited by ghostsniper995
  • 4 months later...

My 1993 Volvo 480ES 2ltr and my 1992 MINI Cooper 1275SPI. I've been restoring the Cooper for three years now, this pic is an old one. It just got a new front end and a full respray, just need to put it back together, everything has been rebuilt to better then standard. should be done in the summer but I am not going to be able to get my TM SG1 into the boot, time to get more guns!

post-39442-1210523709_thumb.jpg

post-39442-1210523734_thumb.jpg

any excuse..........

DSCN3851smaller.jpg

DSCN3852smaller.jpg

DSCN3843smaller.jpg

i need to tidy the inside up a bit, but i started that today. also need to fit the soft top, and probably get a re-spray, but other than that, its just about sorted. i got the hammerite out today and painted all the insides until i ran out of paint, the boot, the bulkhead, the floors, the petrol tank. also cut some carpet for the boot, retrimmed some vinyl in behind the seats,and gave the exhaust a punt to put it back int he right place after i twisted it lowering it off the trailer yesterday. my mate is coming round tomorrow to sort out wiring and positions for a speaker/cd player setup that i'm trying to hide behind the original bits to keep it looking normal. also need some clear lenses for the reverse lights.

i picked the car up for 1100 quid - with those little jobs i mentioned, and the respray, its a 3 grand car everyday :D

nice bike titleist - looks a nice better than the ones covered in plastic that you have to wear an illuminous babygrow to ride.

Edited by screamin_weasel

its a mk3. i was planning on getting a mk4 or a 1500 because they are easier to get hold of and cheaper to buy. knowing full well the mk1,2 and 3 looked miles better, cash flow dictated i couldnt afford one in good enough condition. but this came up by pure chance, and mechanically and structually its 95% perfect. its just a few small aesthetic jobs and the respray thats stopping this being a real nice car. i would clean teh engine bay to brand new condition, but this is my daily car, not much point really.

mini-DSC00835.jpg

My old Cooper-esq 1988 Mini City, had a 1.3 Metro engine in it and was great fun to drive.

Still regret selling it but didn't have much of a choice, being 18, just passed my test and with a modified car the insurance cost was just to high. Got a boring Corsa now, hopefully get another one like it once I've got a few years no claims under my belt.

It's a neat road, goes from semi-desert to alpine to coastal rainforest and ends in the Pacific Ocean, and old gold rush trail now mostly used for logging.

That looks awesome place to ride. :P Good choice for that bike!