1911 Picture Thread

If you put a little more money in it, you could correct a couple of things:

THIS is the correct grip safety, and it'll save you the trouble of sanding it down, it just costs more than a full new Tercel. You can try and find an A1 frame that has a checkered front strap, instead of using the Wilson Combat add. The trigger, you can start off a solid one, and have the holes custom driller to get the correct ones. Now, the tricky parts are the MSH and the sights, those you'd have to get custom made. My replica is nice for being made so cheaply, and with off the shelf parts, and just lots of work that can be done at home. Get it custom engraved with a NM serial (either snake's, or your own, which is what I might do in the future, meaning it's another custom NM slide).

Go a step further than my project!

Fox.

Yours is so good its going to be a toughy to match up to. I will be doing one based on the TM 1911a1 and doing a LOT of custom work to the slide, gripsafety, thumbsafety,  slide lock, sights (if possible?) and the MSH. Lots to do  :nosleep:  Im no computer gamer so have no real good screen shots to work  :unsure:  with but im going to give it a go, as ive been asked on my YT channel to do this project so many times its finally worn me down lol!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Yours is so good its going to be a toughy to match up to. I will be doing one based on the TM 1911a1 and doing a LOT of custom work to the slide, gripsafety, thumbsafety,  slide lock, sights (if possible?) and the MSH. Lots to do  :nosleep:  Im no computer gamer so have no real good screen shots to work  :unsure:  with but im going to give it a go, as ive been asked on my YT channel to do this project so many times its finally worn me down lol!

Oh, once you said YT channel, it hit me. You're the bloke from LaZouche Custom! (Excuse my ignorance, I'm not that of a frequent poster here. And for some reason I seem to have missed your signature).

Well, first of all, let me just say "But yeah, there you go"  :D

Let me give you a couple things I came across through my research, so you have all you need to get the gun to spec:

THIS is a very accurate replica, so you can copy most details off there. I think it's an Airsoft, but I'm not sure.

Here's two MSH patterns, one from MGS3, and the other from MGS4:

SE1911MSHstudy.jpg

That's all you really need, besides what I've already shared before. Good luck!

Fox.

Edited by Fox62

As good as I am in carving wood, I can safely say that I can't make these:

Yes I also saw these on Hickock45s YT channel. Gorgeous work and they are fully functional.

So the guy who makes them could say that none of the internals are metal he used polymer hammer and recoil springs, they even strip down as the real thing does. It took 50hrs done using CNC machines and 50hrs handbuilt, incredible work. The guy who makes them is planning a Colt SAA revolver next!

Edited by MrManiac

Does anyone else subscribe to Tacome1942 on YouTube?  He makes guns out paper and glue and random bit of metal. It's crazy.  He's built a few including a 1911, AK and he's working on an improved 1911 right now amongst others.

Now with matching mag pouch. Next I'll make a koozie for that drink! 

Thats a real classic look you got going there RC.

Reminds me of a scene from the 'Jesse Stone' series of murder mystery films, when Tom Selleck lays his 1911 Commander down on the table next to a glass and fills it with burbon....

vlcsnap-2012-01-21-15h49m09s94bb.jpg

My version...not quite the same...

JesseStoneGunsiteCommander1911replica.jp

Als loving the swap arounds for the Strike and Night Warriors there Callahan_88.

Edited by MrManiac