baias6230

1911 Picture Thread

Without taking one of the new mags apart, we don't know how much TM has increased the reservoir area for the gas, nor can we know the ratio of reservoir area to number of bb rounds held versus the ratio of the regular-length one. Common sense suggests that you should be able to get off a whole extended mag without recharging the mag with gas, and perhaps half of a bb reload if you're lucky. We shall see...

Got a new addition to my collection and I will say this is one of the best solid pieces i have owned. Hands down if anyone is looking for a 1911 get the MEU from TM. It is worth it.

sbjlw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thinking of picking up a nineball full spring guide and will be picking up some long mags.

Anyone with the new long TM mags know if it is possible to fit the MEU style wilson combat bumpers to the bottom of the long mags.

No you cannot fit the Dytac Wilson Combat bumpers as TM have fitted thin metal pads to the bases of the new long mags...why? Plus they are pinned not screwed bases, which means maintenance is a pain as the more you fiddle with the pins the more likely they are to leak! I purchased the black version but now wish I had the chrome version, as the spring follower sticks due to the black matt paint. In cold weather they do have a problem firing all the BBs (cooled one down in my fridge to test) but if you only fill them to where the BB channel opens out then all are fired with ease on a single gas fill.

I would say that there maybe a full auto single stack 1911 on the way from TM going by the release of these mags.

I wouldn't think they would bother with a full auto 1911, just that the mags are really typical TM fare, something extra that doesn't take too much time to work out while they again delay another GBB they have in the works that we are all waiting for.

'FireKnife'

I changed quite a few external parts on my Redwolf Nighthawk Talon to get it looking more aesthetically accurate to what Nighthawk actually makes.

rwnighthawkshortmag1sm.jpg

rwnighthawkshortmag2sm.jpg

I wanted to install the Gunsmodify MEU Tritium Nightsights on the gun but they weren't compatible. So I decided to leave the sights that came with the kit on the gun and instead installed Nightsiters on the front and rear sight for a two dot set up. This actually works really well. I've used the same setup on my Kimber for years and have a two dot tritium setup on my RS S&W M&P. These Nightsiters, though not tritium stay pretty bright in low light / no light for a while :

rwnighthawkshort3sm.jpg

With the new TM long mags :

rwnighthawklongmag2sm.jpg

rwnighthawklongmag1sm.jpg

I've been using this gun with my Raven Concealment Holster. Been a good partnering so far! :)

• Like 1

No I doubt it, as the dust cover on the Detonics is shorter but you could adapt it to fit I would think.

That is one beautiful NH 'uscmCorp'.

Edited by MrManiac

anyone know if the trigger guard RIS mounts fit on the Detonics?

(like this)

I mounted one of those on a detonics, but it required modification. But nothing a little filing couldn't solve.

KimberCustomII.jpg

My latest project a Kimber Custom II using a Shooters Design slide with sights, bushing and plug fitted to a TM MEU. Additional items fitted are Nova furniture, TM Strike Warrior beavertail, TM 4.3 hammer, SPD extended guide rod, TM Marpat grips sprayed black, Nineball hop rubber, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel and TK MSH.

Edited by MrManiac
  • Like 1

My latest project a Kimber Custom II using a Shooters Design slide with sights, bushing and plug fitted to a TM MEU. Additional items fitted are Nova furniture, TM Strike Warrior beavertail, TM 4.3 hammer, SPD extended guide rod, TM Marpat grips sprayed black, Nineball hop rubber, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel and TK MSH.

wait, is that an SD Kimber slide for a hicapa? I thought hi capa slides didnt fit TM MEUs. I might wanna try that with my MEU.

-brendan

With the use of this you should be able to fit a Hi-Capa slide onto a 1911.

And since the MEU and 1911 are more or less, the same, a hi-capa slide onto an MEU.

ahh i see. thanks. Where exactly does that bit go, i cant figure it out just by looking at it, is it to adapt the BBU?

-brendan

ahh i see. thanks. Where exactly does that bit go, i cant figure it out just by looking at it, is it to adapt the BBU?

-brendan

The Tanio Koba slide spacer goes just inside the left side of the metal inner frame of the TM MEU.

You can get away with not using one like I have and it still functions fine but the slide rises up slightly when the slide lock lever actuates. I may get one fitted eventually as using higher power gas and over a long time this will cause damage I suspect.

The only problem with the SD slide is the length, as it allows the outer barrel to protrude just a tad to much from the end of the slide muzzle. SD have based their dimensions on the older TM Hi-capa's who's slides are shorter by about 1.5mm than the TM MEU.

Kimber Warrior

-TM 1911 MEU

-PGC Kimber Warrior Kit

-VZ Grips Operator II

-Streamlight TLR-1

The kimber was pre-built/ upgraded by EAC

Very nice Kimber Warrior you have there.

The Tanio Koba slide spacer goes just inside the left side of the metal inner frame of the TM MEU.

You can get away with not using one like I have and it still functions fine but the slide rises up slightly when the slide lock lever actuates. I may get one fitted eventually as using higher power gas and over a long time this will cause damage I suspect.

The only problem with the SD slide is the length, as it allows the outer barrel to protrude just a tad to much from the end of the slide muzzle. SD have based their dimensions on the older TM Hi-capa's who's slides are shorter by about 1.5mm than the TM MEU.

Ok great. but is the Hi capas BBU the same as the MEUs? because i only have an MEU and its BBU to fit the hi capa slide.