The Mechwarrior thread

WhutJP

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the Battletech gaming system where you can hide Demolisher tanks (twin AC/20 Ultra) in heat sink water pools and wait for those lovely Atlas legs :D

Nah you want the 5 ton Savanah master hovertank - lots of them :) It's like death by army ants.....

TBH the later readouts and so SOME degree Omnis and Elementals ruined Battletech. I'm all for supporting the little guy but guys in power armour taking down 60 tonne Heavy Mech, c'mon...

Most of the later mechs because parodies of the genre. Along with Solaris 7...dear god I think that stole a piece of my soul.

I would be curious to see your reasoning behind that. To me, it seems that OmniMechs should have popped up earlier in BattleTech history. (Of course, anything that helps the queen of the battlefield, BPI, is something that is of keen interest to me.)

Anyway... I've found that I actually have rules for playing BattleTech with the MWDA minis. Unfortunately, all of the maps out there are scaled for the BattleTech minis. Anyone have any suggestions?

Its the ability to change weapons on a single mech between engagements, and I was never a fan of the Clans (although double heatsinks and Ultras were a welcome addition). I just felt that Omnis tipped the balance of power between Clan forces and Inner Sphere forces way too far towards the Clans.

Curiously, I don't use OmniMechs thusly. I always stick with a single configuration.

:unsure:

I used to use a Dragon/Longbow and/or an Awesome (depending on the weight allowances) to harrass, and quite a lot of ICE powered tanks. Including my pre-mentioned rather nasty manouvre of hiding tanks with rebreather kit in water pools :D

what? so now it is impossible to add mechs? why would someone do that? NO ONE has this "code" anymore?

that doesnt make much sense.

-Joe

Of course it makes sense. He wrote the tools to get the stuff ingame so he gets to keep it if he wants. MW4 engine was bloody hard work to adjust as it was built before developers got wise to allowing easier access to the game engine for 3rd party addons. The NBT League worked hard on creating their own toolset but they only had 2 people with a chance of working it out (that would step forward anyway) and they were already too busy on other things.

Apparently they're Wobbie cyborgs. Or something like that. Apparently terribly unbalanced and intended as "boss" characters for, I guess, the MechWarrior RPG.

Anyway.

Just installed the MekTek MechPaks. Battle armor is fun. And so is the Marauder. But holy ###### is the Marauder II big! (Also: Where am the Marauder IIC?)

EDIT: And I downloaded AssaultTech 1: BattleTech. The MechLab seems unintuitive, the interface and controls are kinda crappy, and... I get sick in the MechLab while playing with 'Mechs because of the chassis spinning in the background. But, on the positive end, it's very MechWarrior 2-tastic (which, I suppose it would be, seeing as the maps and Instant Action bit are basically lifted directly from MechWarrior 2. Oh, and the AI sucks. Absolutely no path-finding ability. Did a Star-on-Star and found the enemy Star trying to drive through a cliff wall. I would have killed them all, without suffering any ill effects to my own unit, but I ran out of ammo. And got bored.

EDIT2: Also. I was sorely tempted to make a Marauder II in pink and name it the 'Pink Fuzzy Bunny of Death'. But that's probably too long. To go along with the Dire Wolf variant that I named the 'Honey Badger'.

yeah, the MAD II is huge... i like it alot more than the standard MAD or the MAD IIC. i have the one from MWDA named bounty hunter... that thing is pretty freaking good.

so does anyone know where i can get a davion patch?

oh, and to he who renamed this thread... THEY AREN'T ROBOTS!!!!!!!!! would you call a fighter-jet a robot? how about a car?

they are battlemechs.

-Joe

EDIT: And I downloaded AssaultTech 1: BattleTech. The MechLab seems unintuitive, the interface and controls are kinda crappy, and... I get sick in the MechLab while playing with 'Mechs because of the chassis spinning in the background. But, on the positive end, it's very MechWarrior 2-tastic (which, I suppose it would be, seeing as the maps and Instant Action bit are basically lifted directly from MechWarrior 2. Oh, and the AI sucks. Absolutely no path-finding ability. Did a Star-on-Star and found the enemy Star trying to drive through a cliff wall. I would have killed them all, without suffering any ill effects to my own unit, but I ran out of ammo. And got bored.

Yeah, it's still a beta, so there's bound to be problems. No matter what I did in the mechlab the changes wouldn't stay. Plus it needs joystick support. Sure looks good though, doesn't it?

Sorta like the glitch I had in GBL where any mech I changed in the mechlab was said to be overweight, even though it wasn't.

Masakari, they're robotic. Close enough. It's all part of the giant robot genre.

Archived