The Mechwarrior thread

WhutJP

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That doesn't work with MW2, it's too old. You need the patch to play it, or dosbox.

I got the patch for Titanium or something? I can't install it. Gets to the bit where it should begin install and it says installshield has an error.

I got the Win 95 version and it doesn't let me run it on Dosbox. :(

Ideas anyone?

I was in the other room when my buddy started watching the trailer. i just sorta glanced over, had no idea what it was, and was like "whoo-hoo, some random game with fighting robots <_< " Then the Atlas showed up and i was like " :o OMG, it's a new Mechwarrior game!"

Can't wait!

How come nobody seems to sell MW novels in the bookstores :(

I went into Waterstones and Borders yesterday, loads of Warhammer, 40k, Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, even Gears of War and Warcraft stuff. But no Mechwarrior. :(

I know. :(

Apparently, the last MechWarrior: Dark Age novel is supposed to come out late this year. (Originally scheduled for November last year, Amazon.com has it listed on pre-order with a release of 31 Dec 09.) Hopefully, we'll see more fiction come out when the new game comes out (and hopefully not anything written by egomaniac Michael Stackpole <_<).

She's probably trying the Win95 Version, but you also have to be using XP for those patches I linked to.

I am. However I think I'll use this as a music CD, and go find a DOS version and run it using Dosbox. I also have the PS version and my god, that sucks compared to the PC version.

Is the game installing, or is it that patches that fail to install? Because I think the setup will work in compatibility mode, the game itself without patches won't.

Also, I have the Titanium Trilogy, sure the music isn't as good (the tracks are shortened), but it sure does look nicer.

I still have trouble with that one Jade Falcon mission where you have to protect an air base. Stupid Wolf Mad Dogs destroy it easily with LRMs

Dosbox isn't needed if you're running XP, there's patches you can apply to play it. Not official, but they work. If you're running Vista, I think you're outta luck.

http://warp13.co.uk/mech2 For the original versions.

These patches could definitely use a Readme.

EDIT: I know that there used to be some BattleTech patches available. Anyone know where I might be able to find some?

Archived