Chinese Kimber, PTW and MG42

Praying Mantis

Railed Kimber thingy looks fairly ugly as ever.

You mean the Kimber Desert Warrior? It's only one of the most sought after pistols in the world both in airsoft and RS.

And with a price tag sub $80 (most likely) it looks pretty good.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean the Kimber Desert Warrior? It's only one of the most sought after pistols in the world both in airsoft and RS.

And with a price tag sub $80 (most likely) it looks pretty good.

Yeah, no kidding - you guys have been raving non-stop about 'Kimbers' for like a bloody month now :P

Excuse my stupidity but what is a 'Kimber' anyway? Is it a type/style of pistol or an actual pistol?

Anywho, IMO it does look fairly ugly - not that particullar attampt at it, just that pistol in general. I've never exactly had what you might call a fetish for railed pistols though. Personally, I would like to see some cheaper versions of the WA M2011/1911s that are reviewed on 'Just Pistols' - can't remember what they are called, but most any of them I'd prefer to this. Sorry its just the way I am :)

As gearboxes in bodykits go theres little to no advantage to carrying a support gun.

It really depends on the rules of the game IMHO. In all the games I play and all the major events I attend, the only people allowed any type of high capacity mag are the SAW gunners. Riflemen are limited to mid-Caps, standards and lo-Caps, but no hi-Caps. If a non SAW gunner is found with a hi-cap, it's up to game control to decide whether the mags are either confiscated for the duration of the game or the player is ejected from the game. Everyone knows the rules so it generally isn't a problem. It forces riflemen to be more judicious about their trigger control and ammo consumption. And it gives the SAW gunners a clear advantage as they're able to do what SAW gunners are supposed to do ... create incredible ammounts of suppressing fire when needed. The obvious disadvantage for them is that their SAWs are heavy. But all in all it's much more realistic and enjoyable than people showing up with a MP5 and 4000 round drum mag thinking this is speedball.

Non-hicap riflemen gaming and SAW gunners are only fun when everyone plays by the same rules. IMO

Excuse my stupidity but what is a 'Kimber' anyway? Is it a type/style of pistol or an actual pistol?

Kimber is a gun manufacturer who's well known in the real gun community for producing high end pistols.:

KimberAmerica.com

The Kimber Warrior is one of their popular pistols that feature the underside rail.

I wouldn't worry about seeing loads of mg42s, its a niche gun as it is, and I imagine its going to me more expensive then people expect.

And probably crappy! :P

As for the increase in how common they might (probably won't) become, who cares? It might take away from the 1337-ness of owning them, in which case good, stop being a twat. If you're bothered about how accurate it will make WW2 game scenarios then i think you could become very pedantic about other aspects of that game play that would make the matter of having several MG's quite small.

Its the same with the PTW, some Systema users will be bothered because they'll maybe be slightly less 1337 if loads of people have PTW-esque guns. I'm a PTW user and can't wait to have a good clone for parts and stuff.

Ah excellent, it's nice to know sharing an opinion on this forum gets you branded as a twat.

Don't worry i just finished calling my dog a twat for licking my cereal bowl. Don't take it too personally and/or seriously.

I can't see A&K being able to make a good PTW for under $400... i'd like to be proved wrong though.

Wait, didn't someone say that Kimber is Well's job?

i ask originally from WELL if they want to make Kimber but they declined so then i got Army to make it (initially he declined also but i met them in person and talked him over it :D ) i took a big set of cool pictures with me how i turned his head :P

What? Those golden MEUs are proper pimp, especially when you consider the fact Castor Troy used gilded Springfields in Face/Off. They're nearly the same thing.

And I'm planning to build a custom civvy M1911 based off the silver one.

Archived