308 members have voted

1. 1. Standard, Midcap, or Hicap?

• Standard
    • Midcap
    • Hicap

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard caps and low caps, can't see the point. In game terms a single bb in no way equals the effect of a single round from a real gun. The guns are no where near as capable etc.

I think a factor of 5 to 1 equates to a fair balance.

30 rounds in a real mag?

150 in a bb mag.

That is fair.

So for me the ideal in an average aeg is 130-170 round mid caps.

I generally use hicaps though as they are cheaper and I don't go mental. ;)

Having 90-100 round mids for something like an AK (I have 4-5 of these knocking around) quickly got annoying when everyone else was using hicaps. Not so bad for an MP5 but when its a massive mag like an AK... a bit silly really. ;)

I've always prefered the ammo advantage of Hi-caps - more ammo in less magazines...

i only started to use lowcaps recently, after buying the TMP/MP9, so essentially forced into it. It hasn't changed my overall opinion, but do think now that its not as much of a disadvantage.

it's not how many rounds you're carrying though, but how many you shoot and how many actually hit...

Highcaps in summer, because i don't wear a vest and i can carry less. Midcaps in winter when the vest comes back. I always carry a highcap with me though, as my site tends to have a fair few n00bs of steel... 300 rounds at a 12 year old rental monkey usually registers a hit when 1 doesn't :P

• 2 weeks later...
I only like real caps when everyone else is using them too ... otherwise I find it kinda sucks.

Indeed.

As I always say when this topic comes up, if I won the lottery I'd like to buy a crate of realcaps for everybody at my local site so we could play some limited ammo games.

As others have said, I do enjoy reloading during games but I don't enjoy putting myself at a disadvantage to everybody else so I wouldn't use them unless everybody else is.

To answer a question the OP asked back on page one; Yes. Lowcaps do feed better than midcaps.

Depends on which AEG I'm using.

When I'm using the Mp5, I use midcaps as they carry 100 bbs in a small mag, and the highcaps only carry 200, so the downsides of a high cap outweigh the advantages: it's far better to carry 2 mids instead of 1 highcap. I carry 7 mids onto the field.

With the AK, I use highcaps, because as the general said having something as bulky as an AK mag only holding 100bbs is just impractical. A single AK highcap holds 6 midcaps worth of ammo. I carry 2 high caps onto the field: 12 mids would be silly.

With the AK, I use highcaps, because as the general said having something as bulky as an AK mag only holding 100bbs is just impractical. A single AK highcap holds 6 midcaps worth of ammo. I carry 2 high caps onto the field: 12 mids would be silly.

I carry 10 standard caps as opposed to 1 hicap and I don't really find it silly (well, maybe a little bit xD), but I guess it is up to personal preference

also, I do acknowledge that m4 mags are MUCH smaller than AK mags, but that's what 7.62mm ammo pouches are for :P

Real caps would definatly change the spray and pray tactics to skill semi auto crackshots....

Although my life as a support gunner would not be as fulfilling then, especially as I don't have semi.

The way we play is that everyone except SAW gunners are allowed LoCaps/Standards/MiCaps. Only the SAW gunners are allowed box mags, but the SAW guns must be a legitimate SAW type (like a M249, M60, M240, Shrike, RPK, PKM, etc variant), and you're limited to 1 to 2 SAWs per squad (depends on the scenario). That way SAWs become an integral part of the Platoon doing large volume suppressive fire when you need it and mowing down large groups of enemy when the opportunity presents itself. Makes the game more interesting and more realistic. Otherwise if everyone has hicaps, then everyone can essentially be a SAW gunner. Playing with just Standards, there have been countless times in which one of our SAWs have saved our bacon.

low caps !!

same as you .. high caps kill the fun... a single MP5 can stop a whole squad just by firing continuously during 15 minutes, just like playing unreal tournament with cheatcodes :P

That must be some mag. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, an MP5 hicap only has around 25% more BBs than an MP5 midcap.

I carry 10 standard caps as opposed to 1 hicap and I don't really find it silly (well, maybe a little bit xD), but I guess it is up to personal preference

also, I do acknowledge that m4 mags are MUCH smaller than AK mags, but that's what 7.62mm ammo pouches are for :P

It's a personal preference as you say: I act in a scout role for the team so I need to stay light. If I was in a regular rifleman role I probably wouldn't mind as much. One of our team has an M14 and uses 10 mids and gets on fine in his role.

And you can't fire 'continously for 15 minutes' or indeed continuously at all with high-caps, because you have to wind the mag! You can spray and pray with any magazine type.

Archived