Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pet peeve? People who carry on shooting you, even after you call hit, jam your hand in the air and start walking away.

It's happened to me a number of times now, and every time the twerps who did it have felt the sharp end of my vocabulary. I can understand not hearing someone call hit if you're at a distance/next to more AEG fire/wearing a headset, but by the time they've put there hands up and started walking away, gun down, id' have thought that was enough of a signal to stop shooting.

People who dispute bang kills annoy the hell out of me (especially when bang kills are an accepted kill at our site). I'm giving you a chance to come off without a burst at close range, take it. One time, a guy actually refused to accept a bang kill, so I shot him. He then started complaining that I shot him at close range, and went to get a Marshall. Fortunately the Marshall agreed with me.

Otherwise, I tend to be pretty good with most things... The usual cheating and dead men talking is just fairly usual, so I don't fuss about it...

Sorry, what I meant by full face mask was paintball masks.

In the ASH (airsoft Hawaii) rules it states:

"5. All players on the field must wear adequate head protection at all times. This means rigid protection over the eyes, as well as rigid or semi-rigid protection over the ears, nose, and mouth. No player will be allowed on the field without proper head protection.

6. Paintball face masks that provide full face and ear protection will be considered the minimum standard. Players are allowed to add decorative items to the paintball mask that do not pose a safety hazzard. Players are not allowed remove parts or modify the mask in any way that significantly compromises the protection provided."

Those are the rules but they still don't follow them exactly. The 'rules' down here are if its not a paintball mask, you cant use it. If you did anything to it (other than making it pretty), its not allowed. If it doesn't cover you ears, its not allowed. Not even dedicated airsoft masks are allowed.

Kinda sucks but I just deal with it.

Sorry, what I meant by full face mask was paintball masks.

In the ASH (airsoft Hawaii) rules it states:

"5. All players on the field must wear adequate head protection at all times. This means rigid protection over the eyes, as well as rigid or semi-rigid protection over the ears, nose, and mouth. No player will be allowed on the field without proper head protection.

6. Paintball face masks that provide full face and ear protection will be considered the minimum standard. Players are allowed to add decorative items to the paintball mask that do not pose a safety hazzard. Players are not allowed remove parts or modify the mask in any way that significantly compromises the protection provided."

Those are the rules but they still don't follow them exactly. The 'rules' down here are if its not a paintball mask, you cant use it. If you did anything to it (other than making it pretty), its not allowed. If it doesn't cover you ears, its not allowed. Not even dedicated airsoft masks are allowed.

Kinda sucks but I just deal with it.

That bites, you can't even look down the sights of some guns with a paintball mask on.

mine is players who as soon as there out of the safezone and have a mag in the gun they start shooting up any random tree, can on the floor or waypoint marker (that wasnt exacly cheep to make) on full auto.

but when the game starts there allways at the back and out of range.

andy :)

I must admit to doing the "shoot at things as soon as you're out of the safezone", but I'm doing it to make sure my hop and sights are zeroed. No-one can ever accuse me of hanging back though - banzai!

Unless the nvg is very expensive it's not worth having.

Even if it is, it can be easily defeated buy using large torches to illuminate the area. Granted it gives away your position, but it also allows you to see theirs. Thus restoring the tactical balance.

Greg.

I would too have done the same, however this particular game required no tactical lights and lasers. It was an all lights out game in an enclosed room.

Drama

People who assume someone wearing alot of gear is an elitist cheater.

People who assume gear grants some magical powers to play airsoft better.

People afraid of getting shot.

People with no tactical direction or the desire to hear it.

Paintsofters who should up to milsim games and complain.

"Milsim" guys who should up to paintsoft games and complain

When you leave your half full last can of relentless in the safezone, and someone drinks it while you're having a fag. If i ever find out who did it, i will end them.

Probably one of those kids

so as not to spam;

When people try to hit a player way out of their range by holding the gun at their hip and aiming up

That bites, you can't even look down the sights of some guns with a paintball mask on.

This reminds me of another pet peeve, people who don't look down their sights. And people who have no sights of any kind on their gun.

And people who show up at a massive private game with an AEG they got from Kmart and spraypainted black. Last week I was almost done with a long slow crawl to revive a group of dead comrades from under the nose of the enemy, when a very soft and gentle hail of BBs came down from the freaking sky. I look around expecting to see some distant foe lobbing sniper rounds at me and the guy is not even 40 feet away hiding amongst my dead teammates. It took me a long time to decide that he was actually firing at me and not a cloud; and all the while he kept spitting .12s at a 45 DEGREE UPWARD ANGLE, fanning the thing side to side even. He looked like he was trying to shoot skeet with a flamethrower. The best part was how serious he was acting, like "oh this is what I do when fools don't call their hits" and his BBs are landing like tiny butterflies.

I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic *fruitcage* hatreds.

1 - People with paintballer's mentality at MILSIM events.

2 - *fruitcage* M4s... garbage.

3 - "Diemaco SFW"s, they're just *fruitcage* M4s.

4 - HiCaps.

5 - People without comms-etiquette.

6 - Paintball masks.

7 - Mesh eye "protection".

8 - Arsehats putting ACOGs on their P90s.

9 - Systema PTWs.

10 - Bloody Chris Costa and all his fanboys.

11 - General Magpul fanboyism.

12 - Lack of willingness to spend a couple monies on some kit.

13 - Non-existent cooperation.

14 - Monsoon rain.

15 - 15 degree centigrade or higher temperatures.

16 - RLCS kit - it took all my money dammit!

17 - The airsofters over at Wannabe that's scared to death of admitting they're (ch)airsofters.

18 - Chinese piece of *suitcase* clones.

19 - Ebaybanned.

20 - Import fees.

I could go on for ages, but I've gotta go to work, laters.

AEG's electronics. I had more kills stolen from me because I pulled the trigger and had nothing happen than all the high cap suppressors or random snipers put together. I've never had it fail in a total way either, it's always something like the battery connectors come loose, the switch is dirty, battery randomly dies for NO reason whatsoever, or the sodering on the motor sheers off. If GBB's could be as "reliable" (consistent at least) I would seriously consider a total switch.

I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic *fruitcage* hatreds.

1 - People with paintballer's mentality at MILSIM events.

2 - *fruitcage* M4s... garbage.

3 - "Diemaco SFW"s, they're just *fruitcage* M4s.

4 - HiCaps.

5 - People without comms-etiquette.

6 - Paintball masks.

7 - Mesh eye "protection".

8 - Arsehats putting ACOGs on their P90s.

9 - Systema PTWs.

10 - Bloody Chris Costa and all his fanboys.

11 - General Magpul fanboyism.

12 - Lack of willingness to spend a couple monies on some kit.

13 - Non-existent cooperation.

14 - Monsoon rain.

15 - 15 degree centigrade or higher temperatures.

16 - RLCS kit - it took all my money dammit!

17 - The airsofters over at Wannabe that's scared to death of admitting they're (ch)airsofters.

18 - Chinese piece of *suitcase* clones.

19 - Ebaybanned.

20 - Import fees.

I could go on for ages, but I've gotta go to work, laters.

How dare you compare a L119A1 to an M4! :P People put a lot of work into making them.

19 - Ebaybanned.

For sure

Also having your gun die mid game.

Non hit takers

People who dont charge batteries then want to charge them when they get onto site.

People with stupidly high fps why for the love of god.

Breaking the (insert bit of kit here) and having to wait an age for the replacement due to postmen striking you have a job quit whinning and do it.

Please let's not get into the 'mesh goggles are ######' vs 'mesh goggles are great' debate again, it's been done to death.

Also it seems like dead people can't win: if you get hit, raise your hands and stand where you are you are 'being a human shield' for your still alive team-mates and deserve hosing. Conversely, if you try to move out of the way of fire, you are wandering around as if you are a live player and deserve hosing.

Archived