G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hhmmmm if its something rubbed on intentionally that would explain why its so thick in places

but why rub mud colored stuff on your g36 intentionally when it makes your gun stick out like a sore thumb???

i did a google search for precipitate chalk, and here is what i got

http://shop.piwine.com/shopsite/prwc/product74.html

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/item951.htm

aperantly its a wine additive... when i do a search for just "precipitate chalk" they consider that a mistake

so how do you rub that stuff all over your gun???

Edited by clmwrx
That is painted my friends. Why would the flash hider and the handle on the grenade launcher be untouched by mud, but everything around it be muddy.

Take a look at it.

~P

the flash hider can be clean because when you shoot the gun alot of heat and air comes out of the flash hider

how could the handle not be muddy and the rest of the grenade launcher be muddy SIMPLE because mud wipes off exspeccially in a place where you hold it

A German guy already told you what it is, and you're still discussing what it is?

Well, knowing you guys, this is going to go on for atleast ten pages now ;)

just because hes german doesnt make him an expert on everything....and im not arguing im simply trying to find out more about this precipitate chalk

just because hes german doesnt make him an expert on everything....and im not arguing im simply trying to find out more about this precipitate chalk

Hehe not for everything, but we're talking about German troops ;).

The advantage of Schlämmkreide is that it's washable. You just need some warm water with a bit washing-up liquid and a sponge to remove it. If you paint the gun you need some aggressive chemicals like paint remover to clean it, which is not the best combination with the polymer frame of the G36. Further it's very quick and easy to apply, painting a gun is far more complex.

It's neither paint nor it's mud, it's a substance called "Schlämmkreide" I think you Englisch folks call it precipitate chalk, but I'm not sure.

It is. Rapid response SF and SOC forces(for the States at least) use it just like you describe in the post before this. It cleans off, and is easy to apply. That way you aren't stuck with a coyote tan carbine, etc.

Because that's the german S-E-F trigger group.

S Safe

E Single Fire (Semi-Automatic)

F Fully Automatic

A better description from HkPro:

From the first time you picked up an HK select fire weapon, it may have had an SEF trigger group on it.  You may have wondered what "SEF" stands for.  Time for another German lesson.

The three letters of the most ubiquitous fire selector mean:

S = Sicher ((tsichaar) 'Safe'

E= Einzelfeuer-- (Ine-tsell-foyer) Literal translation is 'single fire'.  Semi-auto in English.

F= Feuerstoß (pronounced foyer-schtoss) The letter that looks like a capital B is called an ess-tset and pronounced like a double 's'.  Literal translation is 'burst fire' or full automatic in English.

This translation would not be complete without the 'informal' English translation:

S= Safe

E= Economical

F= FUN!

I have had more than one German site visitor contact me who has been a member of a various branch of the German military.  They have told me that their humorous meaning for 'F' is "Frieden." (Peace)  They remarked that after setting the G3 to "peace,"  everything afterward will be peaceful.

Edited by staticzero
Hehe not for everything, but we're talking about German troops ;).

The advantage of Schlämmkreide is that it's washable. You just need some warm water with a bit washing-up liquid and a sponge to remove it. If you paint the gun you need some aggressive chemicals like paint remover to clean it, which is not the best combination with the polymer frame of the G36. Further it's very quick and easy to apply, painting a gun is far more complex.

So does this stuff just wash off? So its like paint but it is not water resistant.

How much does it cost....I might try it. :rolleyes:

~P

yes but even so shouldn't the s be on top instead of at the baottom, because thats where full auto is, atleast on my airsoft gun.

Look closely at them both. The positions are the same, but the side of the lever they're written on, and the white indicator line on the lever itself, are opposite. SEF markings are to the left of the lever, graphic markings to the right. Make sense?

Marui G36C customised with realsteel G36K New style foregrip, laylax outer barrel / flashider and G&P carry handle.

By the end of this week it should have a realsteel dual optics handle aswell. I'll post another better picture when it does.

Nice! Have you fitted a longer inner barrel? It appears the outer barrel is long enough to fit a 363mm inner barrel, just wondering if that's the case? Also, can you post a ling to the outer barrel you bought?

Edited by staticzero

I have left it with the standard inner barrel for now, i will probably get a replacement, but getting the realsteel handle has kind of drained funds for the momment.

The outer barrel i used is this here http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...SG36TS_srch_g36 I got that one as the flashider is shorter than on some of the other kits, and appears to be about the right size to match the real K one.

I got it from a guy over on ASCUK. I am not sure where he got it from though, but it's almost brand new. I'll ask where he bought it.

www.egun.de (thanks to unimatrix for the link a few pages back) is a good auction sight for getting realsteel accessories for the G36, I got my foregrip from a guy in germany on there. Only problem is, it's all in german and not all sellers ship overseas.

Marui G36C customised with realsteel G36K New style foregrip, laylax outer barrel / flashider and G&P carry handle.

By the end of this week it should have a realsteel dual optics handle aswell. I'll post another better picture when it does.

Hi Matt,

I have three different real steel G36 fore ends and none will fit a battery. What did you do to accomodate a battery??? Even the minis don't fit. I have the regular (older style) fore end, the Surefire fore end and a Knight's Armament rail system. THANKS.

eltee